Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO

The only way I can possibly think of if we are 100% sure we are totally fine with FFP is we have an agreement in place to sell Grealish for x amount in January.

Otherwise , we still have issues

Nice words from Mr Purslow but, we've heard similar stuff before.
This time around, I for one, will wait and see before rejoicing.
Not that I am not, (secretly), as pleased as punch that we have at last got owners that are genuinely business savvy businessmen, instead of people playing at it.

As said in the article, he knows that, we know that. It's actions that will get us happy.

But he is taking action, one example, the PA system the others all made excuses about, he's having changed!

Making us sustainable and not saddling us with debt sounds great...... but it can also be taken that the new guys won't be pumping vast amounts of money in, so the chances of us doing a Man City or anything similar are pretty much zero.

If we want to reach the top via slow and steady growth, while that sounds sensible it's gonna take a hell of a long time. Everton have been taking that approach for 30 years and are still battling for 7th-8th every season.

When I saw how much these guys were worth I assumed they'd be throwing money at us and it got me excited. Sounds like the excitment needs to be reigned in but at least we won't have the worry of going out of business like we did under Xia.

Making us sustainable and not saddling us with debt sounds great...... but it can also be taken that the new guys won't be pumping vast amounts of money in, so the chances of us doing a Man City or anything similar are pretty much zero.

If we want to reach the top via slow and steady growth, while that sounds sensible it's gonna take a hell of a long time. Everton have been taking that approach for 30 years and are still battling for 7th-8th every season.

When I saw how much these guys were worth I assumed they'd be throwing money at us and it got me excited. Sounds like the excitment needs to be reigned in but at least we won't have the worry of going out of business like we did under Xia.

I think they want success and are willing to pay for it but need to find ways to inject without appearing to breach FFP rules. A 30 year plan suits neither as both will be probably dead, if we go up expect fireworks

The thing is none of them have ever said that their intention is to turn us into a super power or get us in the Champions League.

We are all assuming that based purely on their wealth.

They may just want to get us up, make a quick profit and get out.

Or get us up and just survive every year while being sustainable and them improving their 'brand' on foreign shores.

Who knows.

On one hand I like the fact they aren't making wild claims like Xia.

On the other hand I would like to know what their intentions are.

The thing is none of them have ever said that their intention is to turn us into a super power or get us in the Champions League.

We are all assuming that based purely on their wealth.

They may just want to get us up, make a quick profit and get out.

Or get us up and just survive every year while being sustainable and them improving their 'brand' on foreign shores.

Who knows.

On one hand I like the fact they aren't making wild claims like Xia.

On the other hand I would like to know what their intentions are.

I am sure they have not brought us to piss about, yeah they could maybe make a hundred million and get out but as their net worth is close to 10 billion that does not make much sense nor does just supporting their brand either. A good poker player does not play his cards early and I am sure this is the same with these pair. All will be revealed the moment we get promoted I would imagine as no point giving it the biggun whilst 8th in the championship. I like their style

I'm sure that when Dean wants a signing which will genuinely strengthen the squad they'll cough up. It's a lot different from Bruce signing players because he couldn't get the best out of what he had. Development from within is a main aim and Dean's; they're a good fit.

Sensible spending, solid foundations etc though Deano. For instance, they are the first lot to agree to replace the tannoy system, ok, that isn't buying Messi, but having only been in a matter of a few months, they are taking action none of the others would.

So they aren't talking about not spending, just not having us totally at risk like Xia did.

To think that by the end of May this year we were staring right down the barrel and in major financial crisis, I like Purslow and the structure he is putting in place.

It seems we have to thank Mr Purslow for being one of the major challengers to Project Big Picture, and the carve up of power between the big six. Well done sir.