Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO

Personally I hope he does a good job, but I couldn't care less than. As long as Villa do well.

Little video of him speaking about Liverpool. Can't get much from it but he seems to be sensible and intelligent. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Hmmmm - Very much a Tom Fox figure at Liverpool. That said we don't know what instructions he was working to from the top or will be here.

Hope he turns out to be an astute appointment.

Would have preferred to read we had signed a centre back.

Welcome . Just to explain

You will be warmly received as people will read things on Wikipedia, but give it 18 months (if you last that long) you will be slagged off and asked what the fcuk you do anyway.
18 months!! He's already had over 18 minutes and I've not noticed a scrap of difference. So, what the fcuk does he do anyway?

On paper he seems to have done a good job at both Liverpool and Chelsea. At Liverpool he got rid of Hicks and Gillette and oversaw the sale to Fenway. At Chelsea he pulled off some remarkable financial deals. Looks like we have a big hitter, but will wait to see how it works out.

He seems to do a lot in a short time, like the owners. So expect any changes needed being made pretty quick.

Judging from what I've read of his time at Chelsea and Liverpool I'd guess he's going to be more looking at the commercial, financial side of things. Hopefully he can bring in a fee big sponsers. Perhaps a director of football might be next up?

Apparently, Liverpool supporters don't like him as it is claimed he was instrumental in getting Benitez sacked.........

So welcome indeed Christian. His name is Bruce, Steve Bruce............

:yes:

From the way the Liverpool fans are talking and they arent taking the pee either keep him away from the Football side let him do the financials. When the comments are oh god poor Villa and similar. Rather than that is them f*cked up you know somethings up.

From the way the Liverpool fans are talking and they arent taking the pee either keep him away from the Football side let him do the financials. When the comments are oh god poor Villa and similar. Rather than that is them f*cked up you know somethings up.

He was only at Liverpool for 15 months, and was appointed to sort out the shambles (effectively sell the club) made by Hicks and Gillett. He did it. Can't see what Liverpool fans are complaining about.

He was only at Liverpool for 15 months, and was appointed to sort out the shambles (effectively sell the club) made by Hicks and Gillett. He did it. Can't see what Liverpool fans are complaining about.

If they are dippers then they are complaining about everything, whilst nothing is their fault , and as usual they are victims. Utter scum.
Tedious clowns even have a thread dedicated to our relegation on rawk.

He does seem more of a financial guru, which certainly isn’t a bad thing based on recent times. He appointed Woy at Liverpool which concerns me, so let’s hope a DOF will follow who will concentrate on the football side.

We’ve been chasing the magic formula for so many years now and keep ffing it up that I can’t get excited but with these new owners I’m cautiously optimistic and just pray things develop well over the next few years. The early signs are certainly promising.

Exciting times ahead and I fully expect a new manager to be in place by the end of September.

If they are dippers then they are complaining about everything, whilst nothing is their fault , and as usual they are victims. Utter scum.
Tedious clowns even have a thread dedicated to our relegation on rawk.
Be careful, mate, they’ll be forming a group to take you to court! And there’all be a banner on the Kop.......

Here is another video of Christian Purslow talking and I must admit he sounds a shrewd cookie but then that's his job.

Here is another video of Christian Purslow talking and I must admit he sounds a shrewd cookie but then that's his job.

Yeah I saw him on The Debate - he certainly talks the talk, but as you say, it's his job.I'm more optimistic about him than Tom Fox, but that's not saying much, I must admit.