EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 72 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

' Frankly we look second rate nation.She appears to have one leader supporting her the Hungarian leader.Some help that is @#$!!!!! '

No wonder our country is divided.
It's time to believe in the British , and where we are heading ???
The Hungarian leader is one of your mates.

Who was democratically voted in , and has held a referendum on accepting ' refugees ', and won that 90% plus. Hungarians aren't playing the globalist game

I thought Alastair Campbell was spot on on Channel 4 tonight. This government had had two years to come up with a agreed plan that the Tory party can support .They haven't.Of course checkers is the only plan on the table .Does she really expect the EU to draw up a plan for what we should do next even if they did it would be rejected. Corbyn and his shadow cabinet are still nowhere to be seen.The government and leadership have largely left May to her own devices. Frankly we look second rate nation.She appears to have one leader supporting her the Hungarian leader.Some help that is @#$!!!!!

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-breaks-ranks-from-eu-brexit-unity/

Not the only one Chris.
Many others are currently 'holding ranks' to see where it goes before committing.

The simple fact it that there was an assumption that the UK would have capitulated by now.
That clearly is not going to happen and there is no white knight on the horizon for the remainers to cling on to .
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...onnell-labour-wants-to-push-ahead-with-brexit

Labour cannot afford to pander to the North London Momentum supports on this issue.
Their number is too few to win an election.
They need their northern heartlands on board and they voted Brexit.
A very inconvenient fact the the London Luvvies.

The EU and the Brexiteers are the same when it comes to not putting an alternative on the table. Of course, we know the Brexiteers have no plan, apart from boosting trade with Botswana, but the EU is doing exactly what they should be doing. TM's attitude is like that old times headline 'fog in the Channel - Europe cut off'. God save Botswana because I know no other new markets; oh, I forgot Djibouti.

'

No wonder our country is divided.
It's time to believe in the British , and where we are heading ???

Are you coming home then to support this NEW Britain ? Pay taxes to our government and spend your money in our economy.

You are so pro-British VG I can't believe you chose to live in the EU.

Slight caveat to my criticism of you is that I always intended to retire in Spain as well :wahey:

So would you no doubt if 50% of your work mates wanted to stab you in the back.While I find her faintly amusing I also feel a bit sorry for her .
Sorry Chris but much as you make some very valid points on this thread I do not feel sorry for her at all.
1. The Tories got us in this mess - it was just a fudge by Cameron as a vote winner in the previous general election that there would be a referendum on staying or leaving the EU. He kept his word and totally misread the likely will of the people - the massive assumption was that the remain vote would win, and no adequate work and research was done it the event of a leave vote.
2 The very next day after the result was announced he quit - simply sneaked out the back door. May wanted the job - not the right person to lead the country after her contentious period as Home Secretary instigating so many cuts to public services that are now coming home to roost - the rising crime rate and cuts to the Police a prime example.
3. She called an election wrongly believing she had the support of the people under the guise of needing strong government to lead us through the Brexit negotiations - this was utter bull as she simply tried to increase the Tory party majority. The people saw through it and it backfired deservedly so and it will come back to bite her on the arse.
4. It is her bloody job to sort it out regardless of Gove, Johnson and any others that are a thorn in her side - she is PM and leading the country. That is what leaders do. Much as I disliked Thatcher she had balls - if she was in charge now it would have been resolved.
5. The vile Tory biased press and media are trying to deflect the mess by highlighting inaction by Corbyn and Labour. Remember Labour did not cause any of this - Corbyn actively supported the remain campaign.
Tories caused the mess, Tories need to sort it. The problem is that she is not a strong leader and out of her depth. 2 years on and it is as big a mess today as it was from day 1.

'Slight caveat to my criticism of you is that I always intended to retire in Spain as well '

If and when you decide Mark , I can give you some pointers.

"People voted to leave, not crash out with no deal." That wasn't on the referendum paper! The vote was to either remain or leave, and leave had the majority vote...

As you said, there was no "deal" on the ballot paper.
Over 17 million people voted to Leave.

Very, very few people assume that when they go into a shop - they must buy something ?
So why do hard-line Remainers assume that many Leave voters "must" have voted only on condition of a "deal"?

A deal is desirable.
A deal on cross-border trade should be do-able that keeps the UK out of EU laws and ECJ jurisdication (and allows the UK to manage its own immigration policy)
Co-operation is generally desirable.

Business will still tradee with other businesses.
People will still travel.

The Brexiteers talk about new opportunities but never give even the broadest details of would could be on the horizon - probably because they don't know. An almighty fuck up if ever there was one.

WK, Which class(es) are you in ?
1) Remainers who don't listen ?
2) Remainers who don't understand ?
3) Remainers who deliberately mis-represent people with whom you disagree?

As you said, there was no "deal" on the ballot paper.
Over 17 million people voted to Leave.

Very, very few people assume that when they go into a shop - they must buy something ?
So why do hard-line Remainers assume that many Leave voters "must" have voted only on condition of a "deal"?

A deal is desirable.
A deal on cross-border trade should be do-able that keeps the UK out of EU laws and ECJ jurisdication (and allows the UK to manage its own immigration policy)
Co-operation is generally desirable.

Business will still tradee with other businesses.
People will still travel.

This could have been done so much easier if the UK and EU hadn't wasted time on a "deal" that wasn't voted for, and spent the 2 years on a transition to us leaving the EU. We wouldn't have been in the mess we find ourselves now!

WK, Which class(es) are you in ?
1) Remainers who don't listen ?
2) Remainers who don't understand ?
3) Remainers who deliberately mis-represent people with whom you disagree?
None of the above, when you come up with the new markets and other opportunities then I'll have something to agree/disagree with.

WK
Is it ;
1) Still not listening ?
2) Still not understanding ?
3) Still deliberately mis-representing ?
Not listening? You have nothing to say except staying in the EU is wrong. Not understanding? I don't really understand your point of view and, as a consequence, I'm in the wrong in your opinion. Misrepresenting what? I don't represent anything other than stating that leaving the EU will be a painful exercise even if things turn around after 15/20 years. Because I can't really criticise your point of view on where we go after Brexit because you have no stated point of view, other than to be critical of the EU, I come up with my own views on the possible downsides of leaving, which you happily dismiss with no ideas of your own as to where we'll go.

The arrogance and remoteness of the EU and their officials' preference for looking after themselves is why I voted leave. Everything the EU has done since in not negotiating ("just say no") has simply reinforced my position. They are arseholes.

God save Botswana because I know no other new markets; oh, I forgot Djibouti.

Every time you blather on about Djibouti and Botswana you lose more and more credibility. The World has many huge nations and economies at various stages of growth and development. Look up BRIC countries some time. Known as the big four of worldwide emerging economies. Not one in the EU.

If you continue ignoring countries of those sizes, we might as well also forget that France and Germany exist and just concentrate on the EU economies that really matter like Greece, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Lithuania. Heaven forbid that we should lose any of those markets.

Every time you blather on about Djibouti and Botswana you lose more and more credibility. The World has many huge nations and economies at various stages of growth and development. Look up BRIC countries some time. Known as the big four of worldwide emerging economies. Not one in the EU.

If you continue ignoring countries of those sizes, we might as well also forget that France and Germany exist and just concentrate on the EU economies that really matter like Greece, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Lithuania. Heaven forbid that we should lose any of those markets.

Canada want to sign a deal as soon as we leave. They say it's worth £200B. But I think we should tell them to f off, we're trading with Botswana only!

The UK economy is larger than the smallest 19 EU countries combined.
But once we've left, we're holding out for Botswana.
To be fair, WayneKerr lost credibility many years ago, so this is par for the course.