The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 142 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

I'd guess it's because the pool of championship clubs with the clarity of thought and purpose to spunk upto £5 mill on someone who failed to get the job done last year is pretty small. I mean why wouldn't you try the same thing again.
Thank heavens we still have Brucie to guide us through these tricky transfer decisions.

Reactions: OVB
Perhaps he has had offers 58, we just don't know, but he had a positive effect on the players and the team last year. That is all I am basing my willingness to re-sign him on.

Yes "Merd" they'd follow him, probably right into league one.
The problem the club has, is much more complex than one 37/8 year old centreback can solve.
And have you thought that there must be a bloody good reason why no one else, in the football world, is willing to employ him.

Where's the evidence for that lack of offers?

What JT has done is
(a) gone off and had a good long holiday with his family. Very wise move.
(b) taken the decision to only accept a playing offer which really appeals to him, as he did last year with us.

The club does indeed have complex problems, which probably need a new manager at the right time to solve. However, we can't wait for that. Sorting out our appalling defence is the difference between a miserable season and a successful one; JT could be the key to that. A successful season, whether it ends in promotion or not, would be a huge plus for the club.

Think JT offers more than solving a lack of CBs. You cannot underestimate his effect on morale.

I think a coaching job would be best.
JT played last year but, he was slow, thats why he dropped that bit deeper because he couldn't recover.
Now he's a year older, will be that much slower and have to play that bit deeper again and that really is a big problem for us.
Chester and Jedinak have no pace and have to play deep, which makes the midfield play deeper, leaving a grand canyon of a gap between them and our lone forward, which is why it takes forever and a day to get the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, unless we punt it.

Well, it's been 7 days since our debacle at Sheffield, and it's only 7 days before our next debacle at Blackburn.

So, let's take a look at what appears to have happened regarding filling that huge hole in central defence that Bruce has helped create without doing anything about it............ Ah yes, fuck all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well according to the latest newspaper and other media reports, we are considering offers to James Collins and Robert Huth and Bakary Sakho.
Now Considering Collins and Huth make some kind of sense but, why in the name of the great fuck, would we consider Sakho, another winger.
Is Bruce the Almighty trying to build a team consisting entirely of goalkeepers,(5) rightbacks(5) and wingers(4)?

Don't know why we don't give Bree or Tuanzebe a go. OK they lack experience but they are defenders, Tuanzebe is supposed to be a CB, and Bree can play there. Why on earth did we sign Tuanzebe if we're not going to play him at CB?

If we do go for an oldie I'd rather we went for Collins than Huth, simply because Huth has been injury-prone of late. Collins would be fine at Championship level. We don't really need either but I'd take one if it would stop Jedinak being played as a CB.

But you said 95% of the paper rumours are rubbish so why get yourself worked up about a rumour that is more likely to be untrue. ?

I didn't get worked up about what may well prove to be part of the 99.5% of rubbish the media write sirdennis.
However it is comforting that you care so much.

I didn't get worked up about what may well prove to be part of the 99.5% of rubbish the media write sirdennis.
However it is comforting that you care so much.

"Now Considering Collins and Huth make some kind of sense but, why in the name of the great fuck, would we consider Sakho, another winger.
Is Bruce the Almighty trying to build a team consisting entirely of goalkeepers,(5) rightbacks(5) and wingers(4)? "

Ok glad you are relaxed about it.

I'm a very caring person .

"Now Considering Collins and Huth make some kind of sense but, why in the name of the great fuck, would we consider Sakho, another winger.
Is Bruce the Almighty trying to build a team consisting entirely of goalkeepers,(5) rightbacks(5) and wingers(4)? "

Ok glad you are relaxed about it.

I'm a very caring person .

I've decided not to get angry about anything to do with Aston Villa FC anymore sirdennis, I have decided it will be better just to laugh, better for my health anyway.

I'm glad you are a caring person sirdennis.
I am a caring person myself, sometimes too caring.

I've been out all day and recently got back home to check what has happened today.

Well, the cricket has gone well, but here we are, still without a fucking CB fit for purpose. The way things are going I can see Jedi beside Chester again on Saturday, which is simply not good enough.

Fucking get your arse in gear Bruce you twat!!!!!!

Look signing an out of contract player now, means he won't be match fit for ages and certainly not fit to start on Saturday.
I think this is getting a bit stupid now, we are where we are and need to just get on with it.

I'd hope it will be Axel and Chester on Saturday .
Jedi simply isn't a CB and that project should not be continued.
Stubbornness has got many a manager his P45

Dont panic !!!!!!!!.

Jedi is gonna be the same as Hutton. He starts out being a "cult hero" because we think he ismt very good but week by week he is motm and suddenly he is not a cult hero - but a hero !!.

Jedi will lead us back.

The two EXTREMELY large vodkas may have helped sway me on the matter, granted, but trust me !

Look signing an out of contract player now, means he won't be match fit for ages and certainly not fit to start on Saturday.
I think this is getting a bit stupid now, we are where we are and need to just get on with it.
I doubt we will even sign a free agent now. I think Bruce will be stubborn and will stick with it until January at least. We could have signed Huth or someone similar weeks ago but wasn’t interested then, doubt he’d be interested now. I think Bruce thinks he's good enough to convert Jedinak into a defender.. time will tell but I expect we will be complaining about this next May and possibly even beyond

Dont panic !!!!!!!!.

Jedi is gonna be the same as Hutton. He starts out being a "cult hero" because we think he ismt very good but week by week he is motm and suddenly he is not a cult hero - but a hero !!.

Jedi will lead us back.

The two EXTREMELY large vodkas may have helped sway me on the matter, granted, but trust me !

To be fair to Jedinak its not really his fault. He's not a centre back in any way. He's still in my opinion our best defensive midfielder. There's no point giving him stick, much like when Lambert tried to turn Andi Weimann into a midfielder.