The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 144 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

Well we're pretty well stocked at full back with Hutton, Elmo, Tuanzebe, Taylor and Bree so I don't see any harm in letting De Laet go.

He's got very good and Bruce obviously doesn't rate him. Imagine he's on good money too and FFP is obviously still and issue.

Maybe this will free up some cash to secure JT's return?

Bit of an OTT reaction to the news we might lose our 6th choice full back.

Not really Deano. He should be closer to the first team than he is, but once again, obviously his face doesn't fit. Also, Melbourne?? Something a bit closer would of been better, with a recall clause just in case.

Why should he be? What have you seen of him in a Villa shirt to suggest that?

I've always thought he was rubbish to be honest, so obviously I'm not fussed.

De Laet, another player signed and never really given an opportunity. Not much difference between him and Elmo from the bits I've seen.

Fair play to him, he's been injured and fancies playing football regularly in the sun. Why not? No point in him being at Villa, when we have a Manchester United centre back playing in his position.

A little bit like Elphick with Jedinak, I would imagine that he might have a difference of opinion with Bruce on that one.

No surprise really he is a RB so Bruce wont play him there that position is reserved for CBs as everyone knows RBs play at LB. so our third choice RB might as well go on loan.

Bruce could play him at DM in the gap left by playing Jedi at CB. That's another option for moving RB's to other positions. Think the rumour that Grealish is to replace Nyland in goal is just click-bait though.

We haven't seen enough for De Laet to really make a judgement, but he looked fast and determined going forwards in pre-season, one of the standout players. Don't know what his defensive qualities are like, but he did OK for Leicester.

Do wonder how Bruce comes to his judgements.

200px-Cootie_catcher.jpg

Last edited:

200px-Cootie_catcher.jpg

I thought he picked the team the same way every manager did, By putting his favourites names in one hat, the 10 outfield positions in another, then drawing the names and their position out one at a time.

Just been told by a friend, that St. Etienne centreback Neven Subotic, is out of contract at the end of this season. Now that could solve our central defensive problem.

How would that solve our problem now if he's not out of contract until next July?

We can only get free agents.

Deano, the problem we have defensively can only be, 'solved,' short term now.
With Subotic it would be more of a longer term solution, so we don't have this problem continuously.