The Summer transfers/rumours thread | Page 141 | Vital Football

The Summer transfers/rumours thread

Yesterday, The Aberdeen manager Derek Mcinnes revealed this about a Villa attempt to buy his centre-half, Scott McKenna.

What a shambles.

"Speaking for the first time since the window closed and in the wake of a 2-0 loss to Kilmarnock, McInnes said: “It was important we kept Scott. I had a conversation with Steve Bruce last week and he said they might make a bid."

“We told them they would have to do it because the later in the window it was, the more resistance there would be to it.

“Steve is one of the good guys but when I saw my phone ringing from him on Friday there was no chance it would happen.

“The figure wasn’t enough anyway but the timing was the bigger factor behind it. We couldn’t replace McKenna with five hours to go.”

Full Article: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/derek-mcinnes-reveals-aberdeen-kod-13179852

Why wait until the last minute to make a bid?

Fucking idiocy.

They were still in for the French fella and would think other options were no go too. Ended up scratching around in a panic.

Don't get it with Axel. Why bring in a CB to play him at RB, where he's obviously not suited and where we have other better players queuing up to play?

Bruce says he can play all across the back 4 and defensive midfield, which sounds a bit like he doesn't have a position, we just assume he's a CB because he played there while Utd had no players preseason.
I have to admit he hasn't looked worth his place at right back yet never mind as a CB.

Bruce says he can play all across the back 4 and defensive midfield, which sounds a bit like he doesn't have a position, we just assume he's a CB because he played there while Utd had no players preseason.
I have to admit he hasn't looked worth his place at right back yet never mind as a CB.

Bruce doing his old club another favour.

Why wait until the last minute to make a bid?

Fucking idiocy.

To give one possible answer to your question SJH, to make sure the bid failed so he could get what he wanted from the very beginning, John Terry back.
He asked the new owners to make it happen but, they said they wanted to go in another direction, building a young team not one full of players at, or approaching the end of their careers.

To give one possible answer to your question SJH, to make sure the bid failed so he could get what he wanted from the very beginning, John Terry back.
He asked the new owners to make it happen but, they said they wanted to go in another direction, building a young team not one full of players at, or approaching the end of their careers.

If true, he's playing a dangerous game. The owners aren't mugs.

I think you guys are reading far too much into this. Moukoudi will be a free agent at the end of this season - if he waits it out he will probably get picked up by a Premier League team or decent Ligue 1 club and will be able to command far bigger wages. A couple of clubs were rumoured to be trying to sign him before we got involved, but they couldnt agree on the sell on clause with Le Havre.

I personally thin

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that Steve Bruce would be able to see that far ahead or clever enough to even contemplate such a thing!:grinning:

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I want a CB too, but I'm just saying the meltdown is a bit OTT.

We do have Chester, Axel and Jedi, plus Bree, Hutton or De Laet could play there at a push.

And last time I checked there was a transfer window in January.

Plus if things got desperate we can still sign Free Transfers after today... Huth, Terry, Collins all available, plus others no doubt.

Fair point. However, by January it’ll be too late. Chester is fine, not sure how Tuanzebe would fair at CB. What I do know is Jedinak is utter shit at CB. Physically Bree and De Laet aren’t up to playing CB and would no doubt get pulled out of position, as would Hutton. Bruce has messed this up big time. Can’t understand why he hasn’t given Suliman his chance. Hear enough about how good he’s supposed to be and his performances for England.

Fair point. However, by January it’ll be too late. Chester is fine, not sure how Tuanzebe would fair at CB. What I do know is Jedinak is utter shit at CB. Physically Bree and De Laet aren’t up to playing CB and would no doubt get pulled out of position, as would Hutton. Bruce has messed this up big time. Can’t understand why he hasn’t given Suliman his chance. Hear enough about how good he’s supposed to be and his performances for England.

Thing is CWC, at the moment Chester isn't fine either. Collective confidence is disappearing and the most criminal act of neglect on SB's behalf is that we have no options but to keep playing the same players, apart from signing some out of contract has been(s) who are not match fit.

Can't see things getting better quickly. Expect what is now known as the Rafa for the forseeable future; less than 20% possession and 11 men behind the ball with the defence camped on the edge of our box.

Nevermind JT we need JC to sort this mess out.:shake:

I understand the want to go in another direction, but surely they could make an exception for someone as influential as JT? He would be great to have around the young lads, as has already been seen.

I understand the want to go in another direction, but surely they could make an exception for someone as influential as JT? He would be great to have around the young lads, as has already been seen.

They're probably thinking they could employ 6 younger players for JT's £60k a week. Don't forget they need extra money to pay for the new telesales guru.

JT isn't being picked up elsewhere, he will be on much less this season and IMHO worth the investment. His overall contribution was excellent and the team will follow him.

Yes "Merd" they'd follow him, probably right into league one.
The problem the club has, is much more complex than one 37/8 year old centreback can solve.
And have you thought that there must be a bloody good reason why no one else, in the football world, is willing to employ him.