Time for a new manager? | Page 42 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

I was referring to this season. Celtic are not in the Champions League. Shakhtar are in Man City's group.

Then again, who knows the pull of the new owners?

Yes, I think people forget or don't even realise we have something like the 3rd or 4th richest owners in English football.

Yes, I think Rodgers has been frustrated with the lack of support from his board in the transfer window. We all know you can't stand still as you have to stride to improve your squad every season. Celtic haven't done that this season, that's why they haven't made it to the Champions League proper this season.

Bearing that in mind, I think if we made Rodgers an offer with financial backing in the transfer market, I think he might just come.

The owners have a range of options, varying between:
a) write off this season, spend it planning for a total overhaul ready to go next season
b) stay on the front foot in attempting to get promotion this season.

(a) means there's no hurry to ditch Steve; they can do it when appropriate.

(b) means they don't tolerate failure, which may mean Steve going now or very soon.

I'm sure they'll be working constantly on plans for the future, particularly regards the manager. If they see a manager opportunity which fits I think they'll go for it. Rogers is a possibility and would be a good shout.

Think at this point Bruce would be gone if the owners were going to get rid. So like it or not, we're reliant on him for the foreseeable future.

I don't think many of us are too happy with that, I know there's a lot of frustration, but the only thing we as fans can do now is back the team on the pitch in full voice. Save the negativity for the pub after the match as it will do no good for the players on the pitch.

3 days wasted already.

(Unfortunately) he won’t be sacked or resign as the new owners probably have lots of other priorities and do not want to make a rash decision on something so important.

My head has come round that realisation and I guess we need to get on and support in the meantime.

It’s a shame because our potential with our new owners far exceeds any potential Steve Bruce has - probably a 17th finish in the PL after sneaking us up through the back door.

Think at this point Bruce would be gone if the owners were going to get rid. So like it or not, we're reliant on him for the foreseeable future.

I don't think many of us are too happy with that, I know there's a lot of frustration, but the only thing we as fans can do now is back the team on the pitch in full voice. Save the negativity for the pub after the match as it will do no good for the players on the pitch.

Think it's more a question of where the owners are at in their own minds. They've got a lot of juggling to do. If they take action they'll want to know where it's leading them. Don't think it's as simple as "sack now" or "give him more time".

Think it's more a question of where the owners are at in their own minds. They've got a lot of juggling to do. If they take action they'll want to know where it's leading them. Don't think it's as simple as "sack now" or "give him more time".

One half of that question is easy to answer McP.
'Give him more time' and we will continue being served up the same rubbish we've been inundated with since he came into the club.
By that I don't just mean the rubbish on the pitch but, the rubbish decisions made that affect what happens on the pitch.
He will continue with the same aftermatch interview answers, while continuing to change nothing.
That is unless he's willing to do a 180 in his thinking, which I must admit would seem to be as likely as Teresa May becoming Miss World.

The sack him now part is easy to answer too.
There are no guarentees in choosing a manager.
You could choose a manager whose been successful at every club he's been at and become his first failure.
Then again you could choose a manager who has never had any success and he could turn into a world beater.
In other words, it's a lottery.

The owners have to decide if they are satisfied with what Bruce is providing, if the answer is yes, back him. If the answer is no, sack him and try someone else.

Wales thrash Ireland 4-1 with some exciting attacking football.
Out with the old Mon and in with the Giggs.
We want some of this
The more I think of what we are watching I’m thinking get Henry, he had brain on the pitch and is a clever bloke off it.
Gives him a chance doesn’t it

Loved that Wales / Ireland result. Giggs plays a lot of young players and goes on the attack. MON... well we all know MON.

Shows what being brave, being positive can do. I think we're tired of excuses, of buying good players but never seeing the results we should on the pitch. Be brave, go for change. We won't get anywhere without.

Do we really believe the two guy's that now run villa are worrying them self sick what they should do with Bruce . They have put some guy in charge to deal with that sort of thing.l have a feeling that taking a stake in villa by the new guy's is to them is away to double there money if villa go up .So they many not pump as much money as we think into the club lets hope I'm wrong

Well if they wo
Do we really believe the two guy's that now run villa are worrying them self sick what they should do with Bruce . They have put some guy in charge to deal with that sort of thing.l have a feeling that taking a stake in villa by the new guy's is to them is away to double there money if villa go up .So they many not pump as much money as we think into the club lets hope I'm wrong
Well if they want to double the investment by going up then they will have to bring some one in who can do that, and it's not Bruce.
I think they are already looking and have been since they took over the club.
Just waiting for the right time to sack Bruce.
With in the next month if results keep being poor otherwise xmas so the new guy can have a January window.

They have already pumped £11 million so we shall see.

Saw that MON started with Walters up front on his own. Surely Ireland have a better striker than him knocking about somewhere.

So Ryan giggs out plays Martin O'Neil. I was gutted when O'Neil left, that was 10 years ago and the game has moved on. Giggs, lampard and Gerrard have no managerial experience but are holding there own and I would take any of them over Bruce even though there would be no guarantee of anything, they are the future and Steve Bruce and his like are the past.

So Ryan giggs out plays Martin O'Neil. I was gutted when O'Neil left, that was 10 years ago and the game has moved on. Giggs, lampard and Gerrard have no managerial experience but are holding there own and I would take any of them over Bruce even though there would be no guarantee of anything, they are the future and Steve Bruce and his like are the past.

Giggs - 1 game
Lampard - 6 games
Gerrard - 4 games plus some Europa league friendlies

Its a fad of the modern game to get excited too early over managers and players .
Far far to early to make any judgements in my opinion .

Exhibit A - Tim Sherwood.