Time for a new manager? | Page 44 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

At the beginning of last season no one would have believed Wolves could storm the division like they did. They got some bloke who nobody had heard of and the change of style was a revelation. Marcelo Bielsa has come into Leeds and transformed, basically, the same group of players into a powerful unit playing good, attacking, high tempo football. These two came out of the blue. We must be at least as good a prospect for a manager as those two teams. Surely some top drawer manager would fancy moulding this group of players into a team that can blast its way into the Premier League. So long as it isn't another Remi Garde.

I'd be quite happy to be relieved of this clown a.s.a.p I had dealings with someone who worked with Bruce at the shit and his discription of the 7. 1 defeat at home to Liverpool was laughable. Just fuck him off then we can all argue as to who should replace the 2m a season, 3 assistant managers, bullshitter. Cheeky bastard having a pop at the fans.
He managed them and I never wanted him, nothing ever good comes from that toilet.
Where are Brentford by the way?

Brentford is in London pvb.

Apparently Brendan Rodgers interview showed clear frustration as Celtic manager today. He waxed lyrical about us when we got McGinn.

Celtic not doing so well, having scored 6 goals in 6 games, they are sitting halfway down the 12 team SPL table, after being beat 2-1 by Kilmarnock.
Rodgers warning Celtic fans they should be worried.
Something decidedly wrong at Paradise this season.
I know they lost Moussa Dembele in the transfer window but, surely the loss of one player couldn't make such a big difference, could it?
Maybe Rodgers has lost his mojo.

At the beginning of last season no one would have believed Wolves could storm the division like they did. They got some bloke who nobody had heard of and the change of style was a revelation. Marcelo Bielsa has come into Leeds and transformed, basically, the same group of players into a powerful unit playing good, attacking, high tempo football. These two came out of the blue. We must be at least as good a prospect for a manager as those two teams. Surely some top drawer manager would fancy moulding this group of players into a team that can blast its way into the Premier League. So long as it isn't another Remi Garde.

Rather unfair on Garde ironside.
He took over a club, never mind a team, in turmoil.
He was given no backing and as it ended up, no time, before being replaced.

Maybe I'm too judgemental. I'll give him a pass then it I don't remember any great highs under his tenure.

Makes you wonder why McGinn chosenus over his boyhood club (I believe) where he could win everything and play European football. As in, has Rogers not tried that hard to get him so he can cross paths in the future?

That’s what my head wants to believe!

Last edited:
The thing with young, inexperienced managers is they think they know it all and they fail. Ole Solksjaer, changed players and made subs 10-15 minutes into the game. Gary Neville tried to break it in La Liga without being an apprentice somewhere a little less pressured. Tim Sherwood didn’t know how to kill a game tactically.

I’m not adverse to Terry, although I’d rather more experience, I would hope he gets a good assistant and uses him. I also think he’d need a coach himself, someone to watch the games and give him some independent feedback.

The thing with young, inexperienced managers is they think they know it all and they fail. Ole Solksjaer, changed players and made subs 10-15 minutes into the game. Gary Neville tried to break it in La Liga without being an apprentice somewhere a little less pressured. Tim Sherwood didn’t know how to kill a game tactically.

I’m not adverse to Terry, although I’d rather more experience, I would hope he gets a good assistant and uses him. I also think he’d need a coach himself, someone to watch the games and give him some independent feedback.

danvilla2, I thought that the trouble we were having, under a vastly experienced manager, was because that he thinks he knows it all because he's been there and done it.
Tim Sherwood wouldn't know a tactic if it jumped up and bit him on the backside. What he was capable of doing, was motivating a team.
Gary Neville chose the wrong place to try managing. It has to be hard enough getting your first management job, it being in a league you know absolutely nothing about, must make it ten times harder.

again - carlos unzue

he wouldn't come anyway .... would he?

It would be wise to ask Pep Guardiola about him first don't you think, as he worked under Pep at Barca.
As to would he come or not, who knows, he may be settled at his present club, Celta, who he signed for twice I do believe.

Yeah sure - just ignore Rijkaard and Enrique. I don't need a lesson in his past thanks, but you just can't help it can you. By the way Juan Carlos Unzué is no longer manager at Celta.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone else has picked up on this name - Andrea Stramaccioni. Would you believe Plymouth Live are reporting it.......

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sp...n-villa-points-deduction-stramaccioni-2039404

I remember this bloke being linked when we were on that terrible run late last year. There was nothing in it obviously and I'm betting its been regurgitated just to put a name to speculation of Bruce being in trouble. Even if we'd been looking at him last season the only person left from then is Xia and he's not going to be getting any say in new managers.

Sherwood was “rightly” sacked for being shit, but Garde had an even worse record and was “unlucky”.. think he even had more games than Sherwood that season. He was shit and gave up like the rest of them did... Blamed the fact he didn’t have any funds to spend... still doesn’t explain why he lost virtually every game he had