Time for a new manager? | Page 39 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

And so it begins again.

True but has it ever really gone away!?

I still stick with what I have said before that he and his coaches should have gone immediately after the Wembley debacle against Fulham and it was only the lack of football knowledge and financial uncertainty from Xia that kept them employed.

If these new owners had been around then they all would have most likely shown them the door out.

Last edited:
And so it begins again.

To be honest I think that Bruce is over the time of the average life expectancy of a manager at a club nowadays. I'm sure the stats are out there somewhere. I think it's 18 months so we are due a change as per the modern game.

To be honest I think that Bruce is over the time of the average life expectancy of a manager at a club nowadays. I'm sure the stats are out there somewhere. I think it's 18 months so we are due a change as per the modern game.

Yep Mad Mick was at Ipswich 6 years, longest in this league and he's not a bad manager in this league but he couldn't do anything there, Players short contracts mean the team changes virtually every season and a half, so the manager changing is no different.

Bruce was close to being sacked when we played Middlesbrough away in the league and we were ninth, we know it's truce because wobble chops told us. Every time last season when we needed to step up we were found wanting after the shit start we had. You can keep Bruce as long as you like but at tendencies will drop faster than Jordans knickers.
Thierry Henry's claret and blue army.

Please, please not Henry. Strikes me as another RDM, except maybe RDM was better.

Rogers would be a good shout. Trouble with Smith I think he's a coach rather than a manager; I believe he has little to do with signing players, and I'm not sure if that's what we want.

Sam would do a job; he'd get the defence sorted, and I'd be interested to see what he'd do further forwards. Wouldn't please everybody though. I've always liked Laudrup who is available, but not sure how he'd handle the Championship. Wonder what Mancini would be like.

Maybe the Jorge Mendes route is best.

Bruce is a poor version of Allardyce and Pullis because they are far better organised and they ensure their teams display far more athleticism.

Although Sam is out of a job I don't know if his ego would allow him to drop into the championship?

Bruce is a poor version of Allardyce and Pullis because they are far better organised and they ensure their teams display far more athleticism.

Although Sam is out of a job I don't know if his ego would allow him to drop into the championship?

He would jump at the chance to manage us i'm sure.

I've said before if Bruce does go there is only one man for the job and that is Brendan Rodgers.

Still hope Bruce can turn it round though.

Rodgers has had a big win today , can't see him leaving just yet . Maybe nearer December if things go tits up

I reckon if we change manager the next one will be an someone like Nunes at Wolves . Thats if the reported links with Mendes are correct.

Who is manager of Porto at the moment ?