Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 45 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

£102m in transfers out !!!!!!! Plus £120m for our year in the Premier League and two years parachute payments(about £70m) . Crazy , and all we can do is get a striker inon a free from Denmark ?

Anyone still believe we are such a well run club ?

Last edited:
I don't believe we were for a minute YB! Not SW/SS or DF fault at all and we're now living through the consequences of our owners for the last 8 or so years of terrible, terrible decisions on and off the pitch.

If SW and DF can work around this and get us any form of success they deserve a knighthood.

Exactly Nathan . I don’t blame Farke or Webber . They cannot be to blame for the appalling waste of money since 2015 (ie the last 3 years) , and I agree that if they can bring the success we all want then just like Lambert they will deserve every plaudit they get !

Martin is on the way out on loan :clap::clap::clap:.

DF said:

'When you have such a club legend with such a great career either there is a possibility to back him against all odds and support him in each and every situation, or, the second way is to do without him for the season.
We have this decision to send him on loan and to do without him. I think it’s the best decision to do it like this because Russell is not a player who can sometimes be in the team and sometimes not he needs to be playing.'

Freezer said that the players in the u23 squad in Germany aren't in the 1st team thoughts at the moment.

On another note Fonkeu hasn't travelled and hasn't been involved with the u23s and his contract runs out next summer so has he left?

We had a young trialist playing Josh Coley from Hitchin. He is a forward.

Matthews needs to impress today. I think it might be a second half for him.

Rumours that a GK on loan is in the works - Woodman, Jed Steer I had been told (but not official). Hey I heard Forster and Krul being mentioned!!! Leeds tried to sign Forster on loan but his wages were the issue.

Bailey seems to think the DF wants a British goalkeeper.

Good news about Rusty Markin effing off . At least we won’t have to suffer with his calamatous defending ever again

I still think he has something he just hasn't been given a good run. Still, if they are willing to buy him then that is a different story.

I still think he has something Bears but can we wait around until he finds what it is. He will never get enough starts anyway.

Paddy D is thinking the same. Plenty of time for the GK to be sorted and Ward in on the list of interested GKs plus Webber knows him very well.

Paddy says there is no question about whether Wildschut will be here or not. The club wants to add another winger and they would like to move him on.

No offers for Oli at the moment.

The guys seem to think that DF wants to go with the 4-1-4-1 this season but the players just don't look right in this formation so DF is also wanting to use the 3-5-2 but again it is about fitting players in. If we play all three central defenders then we will need to keep Raggett.

DF has confirmed that Marshall was signed as a Right Back and so was Passlack so what does that mean for pinto? and Marshall was the stand out player for Millwall as a winger and it was said that he isn't a defender yet DF thinks he is....another Watkins coming up.

Again On the left of defence DF has Lewis, Stiepermann, Husband and has been playing Aarons over Husband so what does that tell you?

Looking like the club will loan Godfrey out again! This one I don't get. He was great last season and had premiership clubs after him and we are going to loan him and then he will just go next summer?

The club and Oli are basically in agreement that his future lies elsewhere and if it is a loan with wages paid then the club will be happy.

I asked about Pinto and the response was watch this space until the end of the window. His contract ends next summer with no extension option and the club would want to lose him for nothing.

Thompson has pushed his way above Godfrey and it seems DF is a massive fan so expect him to be the Tettey replacement.

On incomings, they said that Outgoings must come first. He said that he had heard some German names being mentioned as possible targets (Goalkeeper)?? He wouldn't give the names but said the players linked all play for Bundesliga.2 clubs! he said that some of the names linked recently aren't the names he has heard and it is Germany that the club is looking for the next winger/goalkeeper.

Hanley - Pinto - Buendia all going to miss the tour and maybe back for Luton. Lewis is better but might be too soon for last tour game.

Norwich looking at former Dortmund (DF's player) Gio Kyeremateng. He is a right winger and can also play as a forward.

Agreed with you YB and wished we would have got him but according to Paddy D the names like Wilson and Woodburn aren't where we are looking but instead are looking at League 2 German players again.

Same pattern continues :
Too many loans out.
Too many second rate germans in.
Not being able to release expensive wages players not required here.

Something needs to be sorted out about the bad attitude non scoring Nelson and the always on the sick Jarvis . The wages of those two must be bleeding us dry

Agreed Tucks. Any business will only happen if we loan/sell or have something sorted going out first. Apparently, Wildschut, Martin and Oli are at the top of the list to go out but there is a lot of loans offers on the table for some of our youngsters. A winger is high on the list according to Paddy.