Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 43 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Steve Bruce says that Villa need to sell £40m worth of players to comply with FFP. Other than Grealish, I’m not sure who they could sell that isn’t on mega contracts and who would be a desirable buy for a Premier League club? McCormack, Kodjia, Hogan, Lansbury are all on over £40k pw and not PL standard. Millstones, the lot of ‘em!

Not clever by Villa and shows the danger of giving players huge wages on long contracts . Perhaps at Norwich a Board who knew what they were doing would not have allowed Neil to dish out fat contracts to the likes of Rusty Markin

Michael Bailey giving more information on the Rhodes situation - Norwich paying £1.5m for the loan, and some of his wages - and we can afford to do this because we're getting 20-25% of the fee from Angus Gunn's impending move to Southampton. This is money we hadn't anticipated coming or budgeted for, thus the ability to take a risk on someone with proven experience and goals.

He also says this means Norwich are in a position now where they could keep Oliviera if the right offer doesn't come in

I'm happy with the Rhodes deal - he's proven goalscorer at this level, who has had a bad season or two - think his contract expires next summer so if he does do well here we could probably sign him on a free transfer, if he doesn't it's a loan that hasn't come off!

I am sure Oli will leave but with this extra money maybe they can afford to loan him? Rhodes - Oli - Pukki - Srbeny

Well at least if he’s crap like every other striker we have signed since Holty then we can at least return him to sender at the end of the season

A loan is good as it will give time for Morris/Idah and hopefully next season and if he doesn't work for us then he goes back.

Will there be a buy clause?

I think this will work for us. It also shows that DF might be thinking differently up top as Rhodes really isn't an out and out loan forward and one that works hard for the whole side. He needs to find his mojo again and I think he will with us.

So is that our work done now? I still think they want a left winger and will look to get one in and wildschut out.

Sounds like Rhodes isn't expecting to play much - come on Jordan have some confidence my man you'll start more games than you think:

'The move took its time in the end but now that it’s finally happened, it’s a real pleasure to be here. It’s a fantastic football club with a great fanbase and if I get to play a few games this season, it will be a pleasure to do so. I’m looking forward to getting settled and starting up and playing a few games with the team. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the yellow and green jersey.'

Wigan looking to snap up Wes. I wouldn't like to see him in another kit playing against us, to be honest. I thought he might go up to Scotland or abroad.