Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 46 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Nothing has changed since last season in terms of removing unwanted players . Why ? Because they were given too long contracts with way too high wages.

Jarvis will be here until next summer and will then just retire and end up at Kings Lynn. Martin will just leave next summer. Oli is a difficult one as the club want to sell but who will come in with a nice offer and take him on his large wages? Probably be a loan.

DF has said he still has two players maybe to come in and looking at the squad I can only assume that is a winger (Wildschut out) and a GK (if Matthews doesn't impress). Will we bring in another Forward if Oli leaves? I doubt it as we will have Srbeny, Pukki and Rhodes plus Morris and Idah in the shadows. Buendia can also play up front too.

Ward on the way to Leicester for 12 million. I didn't see him coming here anyway! I think it is Woodman that the club would like in on loan but as Paddy said the club is looking at the German second league rather than English league.

The money we got for Josh Murphy will just about pay the fat saleries of Martin , Jarvis and Naishit .Thanks fellers !

It annoys me that DF talks about the legend that is Martin and what a great servant he has been to the club ,yet the player will be happy to bleed us dry while his bank account stacks up . Does Rusty Markin really care about NC or is he feathering his own nest ?

DF has said that the loan for Wildschut was best for both parties.

'It was always in our head a bit to send him out on loan again after the Cardiff spell. It didn’t work out for him there. We got the feeling we have brought in many offensive players and we want the group a bit smaller now. We thought there wouldn’t be that many chances for Yanic to be involved. I am a little sad because he is one of the nicest guys I have ever worked with. He is always in a good mood and to be honest he offers something with his pace and he can create situations with his crazy dribbling. We wish him all the best and hope he has a successful team at Bolton. Of course, it opens up a space in the squad and we have spoken about how we are not 100pc done. We are looking for perhaps one or two additions. But I stress it wasn’t a case we had to send Yanic out on loan to do something.
We feel the squad needs to be a little bit smaller and this is part of that. In general, much of our business is now done, we don’t need to force anything but if there is a top quality out there then we are in a position to maybe bring people in.'

He said that him leaving has left a space for a quality winger to come in...interesting.

DF says that they now need to trim the squad....why hasn't he already done this? I think that means Oli and Martin but could also include Raggett, Godfrey, Cantwell.

It comes across as a mixed message as he says we can bring in 2 players but then says we need to trim it.

Raggett for me, has “loan” written all over him. If he hasn’t impressed enough, and don’t forget that he’s making a big step up in class, then a loan is the sensible thing to help him develop.
I suspect that some of these other players might hang about while other clubs size up their own squads before moving for loans, with the loan window not closing till 31/8.

Canaries’ head coach Daniel Farke feels there could be a final twist to City’s summer trading - with potentially two out and two in.

Reading sniffing around Oli?

Potential 2 in and 2 out.

2 out = Martin and Oli
2 in = GK and a winger

I think he’ll be loaned out again due to the performances of Louis Thompson. Louis has done very well and Godfrey needs to play to develop. A Championship loan would seem sensible, assuming Thompson’s body is up to regular football...

The players charity that is NCFC gave Teabag a nice fat new deal even though they were well aware he can’t play half the games . What a smart thing to do ! So keep Godfrey here and play him regularly