Summer 2018 Transfers | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Steve from Oz

Vital Football Legend
Time to kick off the 2018 Summer Transfer thread

City have announced their first signing for this summer.
A striker!!!

Dagenham & Redbridge Mason Bloomfield.

21-year-old has scored two goals in 18 games in the National League.

Needs to improve a bit me thinks - not a great return rate

He isn't a youth player is he? 22 this year. Probably going to be another Abrahams. Put in the u23 squad and offered out on loan to a league 1 side.

We need players for the 1st team too

Adam Idah - Jose Mourinho apparently targeting our City ace as the ‘new’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

If that's case, no thanks Jose, we'll keep him and stick him straight into our 1st team, especially as he seems to score goals all the time and thats waht we're short of - we need him more than you do, unless you want to swop him for Pogba :grin:

Adam Idah was one Yb and myself were raving about earlier in the season and now United are looking at him. A problem with being in the championship and not looking like getting close to the top league is that we will lose our top talent - like Ipswich have found over the past.

He is already built like a top forward - strong, fast and an eye for goal and still only 17. We only signed him in the summer so I'd hope he would stay but I think he is a United fan too.

Apparently, we have said starting value of Maddison is £25 million - Liverpool, Spurs, Everton are all interested.

Is that about right do you think?

I would have thought they would include other add-ons.

You'd have to think this will be the last season we want in the championship as the one after we will have even less money and probably no assets to sell like Maddison.

What sort of signing is that ? Back to the Cody McDonald days of League One , or maybe even lower .

Greetings everyone from the freezing Artic Circle . I am at the very top of Norway where all is snow , ice and biting winds . Haven’t managed to see the Northern Lights yet due to snow !

Can someone please pass Jack Marriott's name to DF for a summer signing? the guy is happy living in Peterborough and from what was mentioned before he wants to stay local! He grew up in Ipswich so also has a link to East Anglia.

The guy is too good for League 1 and if we have Maddison's money then we should be able to sign him.

He is 5'8 and could be that small man to play off a Morris/Oli/Srbeny...

Our Loanees - quite a few leased out

Playing
Remi Matthews
Ben Godfrey
Carlton Morris
Russell Martin
Kenny McLean
Marcel Franke
Jake Hallett

Sub Played
Ebou Adams
Louis Ramsay

Late Sub
Yanic Wildschut

Unused Sub
Paul Jones
Michee Efete

Absent
Adam Phillips
Diallang Jaiyesimi

Injured
Todd Cantwell

Get Kenny McLean at least here for next year - no more loans for him. He can be our new Maddison. Even better keep Maddision and have them as twin spearheads

So who do you guys think will be off in the summer? Do you think DF will look to sign Reed and Leitner?

Oli's value drops by the game. Guys on RN were saying we will be lucky to hold onto Hanley as he has been very good and the same with Lewis.

Tettey ....Wes .....Jarvis....Maddison ....Olivera ...Murphy ...Klose ...and maybe Hanley

The board will be out to sell whoever they can to raise money after presiding over 2 catastrophic relegations which were entirely of their own doing

losing 4-1 to qpr made me sick.

Losing to Villa on TV will also make me sick. Is it on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I have lost all knowledge.

Freedman of Palace was at the QPR scouting but don't believe the media that it was for Maddison. He was looking at a few players especially QPR's Ryan Manning and Ebere Eze has also been on the scouting list at Palace.

FCBEARS - 3/4/2018 22:51

losing 4-1 to qpr made me sick.

Losing to Villa on TV will also make me sick. Is it on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I have lost all knowledge.

Villa is still on Saturday but a 12:30 kick off