Welcome to FM refugees | Page 5 | Vital Football

Welcome to FM refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of Brexit, On a honest note, do you think things are going better than remoaners predicted.

No, for one we haven't left the Eu and wont have for a couple of years so full effects yet to bite and for another there is a all the signs that virtually every promise made by the Leave said will not materialise, still we will be in control of our own downfall which will be of comfort I'm sure.

I can still see there being a second referendum before any final decision is made given the fact that 37% can in no way be described as "the will of the people".

.... but 37% is most certainly "the will of the rules". About a third of those eligible didn't bother so they don't count under UK Election Law. The Law might be an ass but still needs obeying.

Uh oh I've seen this debate over 37% before.

I think the Rams have a 37% chance of making the playoffs which might be enough to reach the promised land.....

.... but 37% is most certainly "the will of the rules". About a third of those eligible didn't bother so they don't count under UK Election Law. The Law might be an ass but still needs obeying.

I wasn't debating the rules, just saying that it cannot factually be described as being "the will of the people" - also legally it was an advisory referendum, so the will of law allows parliament to decide toherwise, though I don't think that would be wise, however a referndum on the deal would be democratic and ought to be held and in fact most likely will be.

Why? because the reality will be that the only Brexit, will inevitably mean staying in the single market and customs union - that is the only realistic option no matter what is being said - economically we cannot afford not to do that and that won't satisfy the Hard Brexiteers, so another referendum is virtually guaranteed.

Yes rA, logic told me we were up the swanny, but being a ram has to include the faint hope that around the corner there is the chance of a miracle!! Finally, even this shower of dogs excrement have killed off that!!

legally it was an advisory referendum, so the will of law allows parliament to decide otherwise.

Yes it was. Something a lot of people don't know/understand. However, Cameron stated categorically that whatever the result was they would stick by that. Who'd have thought a politician would say something and then actually go out and do it? ;)

Yes it was. Something a lot of people don't know/understand. However, Cameron stated categorically that whatever the result was they would stick by that. Who'd have thought a politician would say something and then actually go out and do it? ;)

But he didn’t. Having complacently failed to make the effort to state his ‘Remain’ case, Cameron then quickly abdicated responsibility entirely and ran away from the mess of his own making.
Swale is right...no referendum is ‘binding’ - something a number of us have been pointing out for almost two years. Even that self centred tw*t, Farage, said - when he thought he was going to lose - if it’s a close result we’ll be demanding another vote.
So here we are, still following the path of self harm, even though the referendum has never been legally binding and it now looks as if electoral rules were broken.
Where’s the :censor:sense?

Romanis. the self appointed East Midlands mod & friend of the owner has been having talks with Footymad. He is trying to get those who moved over here's bans rescinded & hinted that Andy Faber could be made a Mod. Negotiations are still in place. Big deal - I would have thought that anyone could post on as many boards as they wanted. No wonder Footymad is imploding and going under.

Romanis. the self appointed East Midlands mod & friend of the owner has been having talks with Footymad. He is trying to get those who moved over here's bans rescinded & hinted that Andy Faber could be made a Mod. Negotiations are still in place. Big deal - I would have thought that anyone could post on as many boards as they wanted. No wonder Footymad is imploding and going under.

Andy should have been made a mod months ago, imo. Sorry Swale.
The bans on Roger, Bloomer, MA and the word ‘vital’ were always utterly childish and ridiculous, again imo.
Personally I prefer it on here now, but I miss FM so if Rom (aka Sir?) can build some bridges that’s good isn’t it? Then people will, as you suggest, be able to post where they want.

Is this simply yet another case of that good old British self flagellation?

No, it’s a case of stubborn reactionaries and right wing bigots screwing up the future of our young people. Fight for change by all means but not at any cost.

Andy should have been made a mod months ago, imo. Sorry Swale.
The bans on Roger, Bloomer, MA and the word ‘vital’ were always utterly childish and ridiculous, again imo.
Personally I prefer it on here now, but I miss FM so if Rom (aka Sir?) can build some bridges that’s good isn’t it? Then people will, as you suggest, be able to post where they want.
I think Andy is quite able to fight his own battles and doesn't especially need a Forest fan acting as his fag, but hey ho, and yes it'd be nice to build bridges. After all, only 37% of FM posters are posting here, so this forum actually has no validity. Keep the faith, even you Swaley

I think Andy is quite able to fight his own battles and doesn't especially need a Forest fan acting as his fag, but hey ho, and yes it'd be nice to build bridges. After all, only 37% of FM posters are posting here, so this forum actually has no validity. Keep the faith, even you Swaley

I don't know why Anag thinks Andy would make a good Mod, but hey ho each to his own, not banned on FM, but tbh not bothered about posting on there, had virtually stopped and read it occasionally, seemed to be a bunch of sad old gits having a chat most of the time.

Not sure how this Forum has no validity? What does that even mean anyway? It works posters post seems valid to me FM is dying on its arse.

But the fact that no more have come over either suggests they dont care about those banned or just dont care!

No, it’s a case of stubborn reactionaries and right wing bigots screwing up the future of our young people. Fight for change by all means but not at any cost.

Those who want Brexit have some simple fears, which the Uk government could ahve addressed and remained in the EU, its ironic that Eastern European countries in the EU seem to be cocking a snoot at the EU on a number of fronts and the EU seems powerless to do anything about it.

Perhaps if our witless politicians had used the Uk's influence and been more bullish about changing things then things might have been different.

Anyway - the closer we get to brexit, the more the realisation that we are committing economic suicide will become apparent and then the demand for another referendum will become impossible to resist.

I don't know why Anag thinks Andy would make a good Mod, but hey ho each to his own, not banned on FM, but tbh not bothered about posting on there, had virtually stopped and read it occasionally, seemed to be a bunch of sad old gits having a chat most of the time.

Not sure how this Forum has no validity? What does that even mean anyway? It works posters post seems valid to me FM is dying on its arse.

But the fact that no more have come over either suggests they dont care about those banned or just dont care!

Because, although we regularly disagree - especially over Brexit - he seems to me to invariably remain fair, rational and even handed.
I know you don’t share that view but, as you say, ‘each to his own’.

The bans, as I’ve said, were just juvenile overreaction, especially in the context of those who’d been such major contributors for so long.

Like to see it sorted.

I wasn't debating the rules, just saying that it cannot factually be described as being "the will of the people" - also legally it was an advisory referendum, so the will of law allows parliament to decide toherwise, though I don't think that would be wise, however a referndum on the deal would be democratic and ought to be held and in fact most likely will be.

Why? because the reality will be that the only Brexit, will inevitably mean staying in the single market and customs union - that is the only realistic option no matter what is being said - economically we cannot afford not to do that and that won't satisfy the Hard Brexiteers, so another referendum is virtually guaranteed.

Just when you think someone can't get more boring you really set the bar again and again. You tell more stories than jackanory but at least that's a little bit entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Rams News