🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread

I feel confident he will avail any concerns regarding the pace of the league, he looks extremely fit and as well as his technical ability, he has the football brain to make the ball do most of the work.

I agree, Perisic is miles ahead of anything we have on the pitch in regards to technical ability, comfort on the ball, and football intelligence. His age does not bother me at all.

From Twitter:
Everton will now accept a package of 40mil (no fee to Watford) Harry Winks & the remaining Dele Alli money written off for Richarlison & Anthony Gordon, deal expected to be accepted This week.

From Twitter:
Everton will now accept a package of 40mil (no fee to Watford) Harry Winks & the remaining Dele Alli money written off for Richarlison & Anthony Gordon, deal expected to be accepted This week.
Surely that would amount to something like £80-90m for Richarlison and Gordon? That would be well overpaying IMO.

wait so Dele + Winks + 40M? for Richarlison? Appreciate it's just twitter but that feels like we're definitely overpaying if any truth in it... that said Dele and Winks were out of favour and Richarlison is coveted so I guess it makes some sense, but he's in no way an 80M value player.

Not an auspicious start, a yellow in 30 seconds.

I have to admit, the one thing that could derail us is being down to 10 men too often.

Not an auspicious start, a yellow in 30 seconds.

I have to admit, the one thing that could derail us is being down to 10 men too often.
In 113 PL apperances Bissouma has had 1 red card but 28 yellow.

I think with players like Bissouma, Romero and Bentancur we'll have to accept that there will be a lot of yellow cards. It's the physical component of their game and we don't want to lose it. To compete in the PL we need a few players like that in the team.

An accumulation of yellow cards isn't an issue anyway. We can easily cover a one-match ban.

Red cards are clearly much more damaging but hopefully the coaching staff will coach them into being a bit more judicious about when and where they go in hard.

They could learn a little from PEH. He gives more than his fair share of free kicks away but he doesn't accumulate too many yellows. He's quite canny. He tends to block and impede, and prevent opponents progressing. Enough to give away free kicks but not quite enough to earn yellow.

It's a good blend and it will enable the likes of Son concentrate on the attacking elements of their game.

In 113 PL apperances Bissouma has had 1 red card but 28 yellow.

I think with players like Bissouma, Romero and Bentancur we'll have to accept that there will be a lot of yellow cards. It's the physical component of their game and we don't want to lose it. To compete in the PL we need a few players like that in the team.

An accumulation of yellow cards isn't an issue anyway. We can easily cover a one-match ban.

Red cards are clearly much more damaging but hopefully the coaching staff will coach them into being a bit more judicious about when and where they go in hard.

They could learn a little from PEH. He gives more than his fair share of free kicks away but he doesn't accumulate too many yellows. He's quite canny. He tends to block and impede, and prevent opponents progressing. Enough to give away free kicks but not quite enough to earn yellow.

It's a good blend and it will enable the likes of Son concentrate on the attacking elements of their game.

I agree...we need a wreckingball in the middle of the pitch that can disrupt the opposing teams flow. Of course a 'smart' wreckingball is preferred, and I think he will be that.

This guy will transform our midfield, but we need to be patient and allow Conte to ease him in.
I know it's not popular but IMO we need to start the Same side as last week.

I would be tempted to drop Son for Richarlison if he is available. It would give Son a kick up the back side he needs. Would be interesting seeing him come off from the bench.

Everyone else has earned the right to start.

Sonny had a below par game, no arguments from me. The one thing that concerned me the most about his performance was his failure to set Kane up for a shot at goal.
It made me wonder if he's already thinking about the golden Boot and not the team.

Sonny had a below par game, no arguments from me. The one thing that concerned me the most about his performance was his failure to set Kane up for a shot at goal.
It made me wonder if he's already thinking about the golden Boot and not the team.

If Sonny is "thinking", then that is where he's going wrong. He's not a thinker.

Is there another club that would even consider dropping a player (Son) after one match when that player was joint winner of the GB the previous season?

The conundrum with Son is that since his arrival at Spurs he has had a barren spell of goalscoring at least once every season. The problem is identifying the start of the spell and the end of it. You can't do that though if he's not playing. He's a guaranteed starter in my team. The great thing about having Richarlison is that we can now have an option to change things up if need be.

I'd add that based on the last weeks' performances Kane was no more effective overall than Son and the same consideration should apply to him.

Conte will truly have arrived in my eyes when he demonstrates its a meritocracy for every single player including Kane. And that includes substituting Kane when it's in the best interests of the team to bring on a subsitute.

Is there another club that would even consider dropping a player (Son) after one match when that player was joint winner of the GB the previous season?

The conundrum with Son is that since his arrival at Spurs he has had a barren spell of goalscoring at least once every season. The problem is identifying the start of the spell and the end of it. You can't do that though if he's not playing. He's a guaranteed starter in my team. The great thing about having Richarlison is that we can now have an option to change things up if need be.

I'd add that based on the last weeks' performances Kane was no more effective overall than Son and the same consideration should apply to him.

Conte will truly have arrived in my eyes when he demonstrates its a meritocracy for every single player including Kane. And that includes substituting Kane when it's in the best interests of the team to bring on a subsitute.

Fair point on Kane.

I would say Kane had a better pre season than Son though, so he edges it for me in the starting 11.

They both start for me. Unequivocally. It's what happens when either aren't playing well or not having much impact. It's always Son that gets hooked even if he's playing better than Kane. That has to change.

Conte won't drop neither. I think Kulu will be the sacrificed lamb when the time comes unfortunately.