🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread

I'm not convinced Richarlison would be a good signing, too inconsistent and his temperament often gets the better of him.
I've seen more commitment in a 5 minute clip than i've seen from Ndombele in the entire 2 seasons he's been with us.

I believe we'd be getting a player who has something to prove. He's not your typical Brazilian by any means so forget the flash & concentrate on what he would bring. PL experience, a physical presence which our front 3 lack & a determination to succeed against the odds. He has all of that in abundance.

Ok! I ave me tin hat on, but I believe if we get Richarlison it will be a job well done, just read that he could be £20m cheaper, because he can play/cover right across the front line of ours.

Temperament wise, maybe it was/is because he was in a relegation battling team, he tried every dark art possible he could, for things to go Everton's way.
Plus he has that Latino upbringing in him lol!

And if our Mr Conte wants him, he obviously can see summat we cant, then that's fine by me.

Ok! I ave me tin hat on, but I believe if we get Richarlison it will be a job well done, just read that he could be £20m cheaper, because he can play/cover right across the front line of ours.

Temperament wise, maybe it was/is because he was in a relegation battling team, he tried every dark art possible he could, for things to go Everton's way.
Plus he has that Latino upbringing in him lol!

And if our Mr Conte wants him, he obviously can see summat we cant, then that's fine by me.
I've always said I'm happy to trust their judgement but personally I would prefer Raphinha over Richarlison but don't think either are worth £50m.

I've seen more commitment in a 5 minute clip than i've seen from Ndombele in the entire 2 seasons he's been with us.

I believe we'd be getting a player who has something to prove. He's not your typical Brazilian by any means so forget the flash & concentrate on what he would bring. PL experience, a physical presence which our front 3 lack & a determination to succeed against the odds. He has all of that in abundance.

I'd also welcome a player like Richarlison who works his butt off and gives as good as he gets. That is what we need to bring the best out of Kane and Son. Let's see how they react to a bit of rotation from a genuine first choice striker from one of the big international sides. When he knocks 3 or 4 goals in and gets a couple of assists, I'm sure Kane's work rate will go up and Sonny might address his defensive contribution and physicality.

I'd also welcome a player like Richarlison who works his butt off and gives as good as he gets. That is what we need to bring the best out of Kane and Son. Let's see how they react to a bit of rotation from a genuine first choice striker from one of the big international sides. When he knocks 3 or 4 goals in and gets a couple of assists, I'm sure Kane's work rate will go up and Sonny might address his defensive contribution and physicality.
If Kane is good to his word the competition for the golden boot in the form of Haaland and Nunez is all the incentive he needs to up his game. We will see!

A brilliant signing. An instant CM upgrade.

Not many weaknesses in his game. Not a massive goal scorer or assist machine but he hasn't been brought in for that.

He was easily in the top 5 best CMS last season.

As much as I admire Hojbjerg, his lack of athleticism last season was a major weakness down the middle. Bissouma coming in stops this issue.

Well done Fabio and Conte.

This input RD is late; Yves signed up a week ago. I don't see the same lack of athleticism issues with Hoj; my concerns with him are his sketchy ability in possession and awkwardness when attempting to execute skills. I'd be inclined to shorten Bissouma's odds to be in the best three. I hope we pair him with Bentancur as our first choice.

This input RD is late; Yves signed up a week ago. I don't see the same lack of athleticism issues with Hoj; my concerns with him are his sketchy ability in possession and awkwardness when attempting to execute skills. I'd be inclined to shorten Bissouma's odds to be in the best three. I hope we pair him with Bentancur as our first choice.

I have been busy Rich.

Agree I think Bissouma is now alpha CM.

He'll enjoy a great partnership with our playmaker Hojbjerg, with Skipp and Bentancur sitting on the bench ;)

Imagine that. Would love to know what Skippy is thinking about the arrival of Bissouma.

His chances of games are very limited now.

Having said that we need options in the engine room.

If Winks goes, will Hojbjerg and Skippy be good enough back up options?

I'm not so sure. I would happily sell Hojbjerg to bring in a more technical CM.

Imagine that. Would love to know what Skippy is thinking about the arrival of Bissouma.

His chances of games are very limited now.

Having said that we need options in the engine room.

I'm not so sure. I would happily sell Hojbjerg to bring in a more technical CM.

Welcome back. We have identified the weakest link and he like Alli, is to become
a toffee. Hoj and Skipp, are good enough to shield a back four. What we have and needed to do is upgrade the standard, Yves coming in gives the others someone to aspire.

Actually I think they are.

If you compare PEH and Skipp, as a combo, to the CMs at other Premier League teams, I'd say they'd be in the lower half standard.

If, however, you compare the PEH/Skipp combo to the backup/squad CMs in the Premier League, I'd say they'd be close to the top.

As it stands we have other areas to address that are more pressing.

I really can't agree with some of the comments and opinions on PEH and Skip, it would be madness IMO to even consider getting rid of PEH. He contributes more to the team than some give him credit for, any successful team needs a balance. Towards the end of the season he was way more forward thinking, he was talking passes on the half turn and looking to play forward. He was even making forward runs, he also has leadership qualities that we sorely need on the pitch.
As for Skip, we really don't know if he's the real deal or not. My view is he could become a very Good defensive midfield player.

Actually I think they are.

If you compare PEH and Skipp, as a combo, to the CMs at other Premier League teams, I'd say they'd be in the lower half standard.

If, however, you compare the PEH/Skipp combo to the backup/squad CMs in the Premier League, I'd say they'd be close to the top.

As it stands we have other areas to address that are more pressing.

We definitely need more pressing, especially from the England captain :LOL:

I really can't agree with some of the comments and opinions on PEH and Skip, it would be madness IMO to even consider getting rid of PEH. He contributes more to the team than some give him credit for, any successful team needs a balance. Towards the end of the season he was way more forward thinking, he was talking passes on the half turn and looking to play forward. He was even making forward runs, he also has leadership qualities that we sorely need on the pitch.
As for Skip, we really don't know if he's the real deal or not. My view is he could become a very Good defensive midfield player.

Yeah, I'm with you. We seem to be benchmarking against a second half of a season where we played one game a week. We obviously didn't have access to Skipp but we didn't get any injuries to Bentancur and Hojbjerg either.

We're launching into a 50 game season with a World Cup in the middle. You could almost build a case that the quartet of Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Bentancur and Skipp is too light to get us to May. There could be a bigger dependency on Sarr than we think.

Indeed he was making forward runs Top I recall vividly one instance late in the season following some outrageous Kulu skill on the touchline and then an inch-perfect crossfield pass to PEH. I could imagine his inner thoughts talking to him and saying don't pass to me, Dejan, I get forward, but I can't control the football when it arrives.:grinning: