🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread

I really can't agree with some of the comments and opinions on PEH and Skip, it would be madness IMO to even consider getting rid of PEH. He contributes more to the team than some give him credit for, any successful team needs a balance. Towards the end of the season he was way more forward thinking, he was talking passes on the half turn and looking to play forward. He was even making forward runs, he also has leadership qualities that we sorely need on the pitch.
As for Skip, we really don't know if he's the real deal or not. My view is he could become a very Good defensive midfield player.

Do you think Hojbjerg will be happy at being 2nd fiddle?

I can't see him getting past Bentancur and Bissouma.

Do you think Hojbjerg will be happy at being 2nd fiddle?

I can't see him getting past Bentancur and Bissouma.
It's always hard to know RD how players will react, my gut feeling is he's a team player and would be up for the fight.
Of course it's always easier to accept a support role if the team is winning, I can also see some games where it may make sense to play Bissouma and PEH.
Like most people I think Bentancur and Bissouma would be my preferred pair.

It's always hard to know RD how players will react, my gut feeling is he's a team player and would be up for the fight.
Of course it's always easier to accept a support role if the team is winning, I can also see some games where it may make sense to play Bissouma and PEH.
Like most people I think Bentancur and Bissouma would be my preferred pair.

For the record I like Hojbjerg. More than happy for him to stay.

It's great to have some real options for a change.

If I were Conte I would call the squad together in pre-season and make it clear that with the number of games, together with the WC, there will be ample opportunities for all with no players guaranteed to be a starter in any particular match. There will no doubt be a nucleus of players who form part of the starting eleven in certain games but the emphasis should be that it will be the squad that will trophies and titles, not individuals.

For the record I like Hojbjerg. More than happy for him to stay.

It's great to have some real options for a change.

Hojbjerg was IMO overplayed last season but he came through it and even upped his game towards the end. He deserves credit for that. His forays forward surprised defences and he does it for Denmark. If he plays less games or is subbed more often its probably best for all.Hopefully it will prevent burn out and lengthen his career. Technically he doesn't get much chance to try things a bit like Skipp who has much more in his locker attack wise than he has shown.

If I were Conte I would call the squad together in pre-season and make it clear that with the number of games, together with the WC, there will be ample opportunities for all with no players guaranteed to be a starter in any particular match. There will no doubt be a nucleus of players who form part of the starting eleven in certain games but the emphasis should be that it will be the squad that will trophies and titles, not individuals.

It will be a challenge for Conte to mix it up. I don't like having a PL/CL team and another for the rest.
We have genuine options now with Forster, Perisic and Bissouma. But also Sess managed to contribute at the end of the season. Doherty, Tanganga and Skipp returning. Plus more quality arrivals hopefully. Conte must be chomping at the bit to get to work.

It will be a challenge for Conte to mix it up. I don't like having a PL/CL team and another for the rest.
We have genuine options now with Forster, Perisic and Bissouma. But also Sess managed to contribute at the end of the season. Doherty, Tanganga and Skipp returning. Plus more quality arrivals hopefully. Conte must be chomping at the bit to get to work.
Regular and sensible rotation is going to be the key this season in particular due to the WC.

Hence the reason Patty's doing his work early to integrate the new faces into the team. We really mean business this year. With Conte at the helm i wouldn't expect anything else.
The proof will be in the pudding next week, preseason starts on the 4th and 5 days later we are off to S. Korea.
All seems a bit rushed if I'm honest, l assuming Sonny will join up with the team their.

Personally, I'm not getting overly excited yet.

I reckon we'll bring in 7 players and you'll see about 6 or 7 head out the door. That means we've only done 4 out of about 13 or 14 deals that need closing this summer.

With 2 of our signings being freebies, and CCV to Celtic a no-brainer, we've completed the straightforward deals so far.

The rubber hits the road in these next 10-14 days. The excitement is still to come.

I reckon we'll bring in 7 players and you'll see about 6 or 7 head out the door. That means we've only done 4 out of about 13 or 14 deals that need closing this summer.

With 2 of our signings being freebies, and CCV to Celtic a no-brainer, we've completed the straightforward deals so far.

The rubber hits the road in these next 10-14 days. The excitement is still to come.
We've always been stuck in the blocks fidgeting away in the background when it comes to the summer window. This year, Conte's first full season in charge has seen a different approach. We already have 3 players in through the door, players Conte wants & players he can integrate into the team early doors.

In all honesty it's hard not to be impressed considering our past failures in transfer windows. For the first time in what feels like an eternity it would seem to suggest that we're not messing around.

The Bissouma deal certainly got the juices going. He was the best CM outside the top 4 last season. It's rare we sign a prime player in the Premiership.

Perisic, Bissouma are 1st 11 upgrades. So we are already up from last season.

I'm intrigued to see how the rest of the window pans out. It feels easier under Conte and Fabio that's for sure.

We've always been stuck in the blocks fidgeting away in the background when it comes to the summer window. This year, Conte's first full season in charge has seen a different approach. We already have 3 players in through the door, players Conte wants & players he can integrate into the team early doors.

In all honesty it's hard not to be impressed considering our past failures in transfer windows. For the first time in what feels like an eternity it would seem to suggest that we're not messing around.

Conte and Fabio are winners. Workaholic head cases to boot.

I have spoken to numerous fans from other clubs this summer. They are worried about what we are doing. My response is simple, " so you should be ".

The proof will be in the pudding next week, preseason starts on the 4th and 5 days later we are off to S. Korea.
All seems a bit rushed if I'm honest, l assuming Sonny will join up with the team their.
The vultures were circling, especially when it comes to free agents.

Yves is an outstanding player, probably one of if not the best box to box midfielders in the PL.

Even if we leave the rest of our business late, it's difficult to argue that we're not in the best shape we've been in for years. Depth will still be added, it's imperative for the long term but it won't be done at the expense of quality, that's something entirely new to us.

The Bissouma deal certainly got the juices going. He was the best CM outside the top 4 last season. It's rare we sign a prime player in the Premiership.

Perisic, Bissouma are 1st 11 upgrades. So we are already up from last season.

I'm intrigued to see how the rest of the window pans out. It feels easier under Conte and Fabio that's for sure.

I'm less sure that Perisic is a first eleven upgrade. If anything, it is marginal. We will see if he can cope with the rigours of the PL over the nice pace of Serie A.

Bissouma is the main man though. He's right up there with Rodri, Fabinho, Rice and Jorginho as the best in that position. Only 25 as well.

Currently, we would still see Davies and Emerson in the side too much. We will still see Kane and Sonny coasting. That's what the next part of the window can solve.

I'm less sure that Perisic is a first eleven upgrade. If anything, it is marginal. We will see if he can cope with the rigours of the PL over the nice pace of Serie A.

Bissouma is the main man though. He's right up there with Rodri, Fabinho, Rice and Jorginho as the best in that position. Only 25 as well.

Currently, we would still see Davies and Emerson in the side too much. We will still see Kane and Sonny coasting. That's what the next part of the window can solve.

Perisic is technically miles ahead of anything we have down the flanks.

His age is a slight concern, due to the pace and physicality of the league.

Wouldn't be surprised if he played further forward at times.

Perisic is technically miles ahead of anything we have down the flanks.

His age is a slight concern, due to the pace and physicality of the league.

Wouldn't be surprised if he played further forward at times.

I feel confident he will avail any concerns regarding the pace of the league, he looks extremely fit and as well as his technical ability, he has the football brain to make the ball do most of the work.