Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 34 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

Isn't it amazing that one person gets on TV because he says what the racist element use to try to justify their vitriol.

Why am I not shocked you would use that analogy, not because I think you are racist, but because you are just like the ones you support, ie Johnson and patel who do not give a toss about the lower classes in our society.
Woah ......come on LMB ...... that's a hell of an accusation to make.

Let's not make this personal, eh?

Isn't it amazing that one person gets on TV because he says what the racist element use to try to justify their vitriol.

Why am I not shocked you would use that analogy, not because I think you are racist, but because you are just like the ones you support, ie Johnson and patel who do not give a toss about the lower classes in our society.

What analogy are you referring to?

And who is on tv? Blissett? Do you not value his opinion or is it because it doesn’t align with your view on the subject.

As for PP, it’s amazing isn’t it that an ethnic minority female is in an important government position yet still gets abuse from the left because her views doesn’t chime with what the virtue signallers think it should be.

As for myself not giving a toss about the lower classes in society, I’ll file this alongside your ever expanding list of sweeping list of generalisations you like to make against people on here.

What analogy are you referring to?

And who is on tv? Blissett? Do you not value his opinion or is it because it doesn’t align with your view on the subject.

As for PP, it’s amazing isn’t it that an ethnic minority female is in an important government position yet still gets abuse from the left because her views doesn’t chime with what the virtue signallers think it should be.

As for myself not giving a toss about the lower classes in society, I’ll file this alongside your ever expanding list of sweeping list of generalisations you like to make against people on here.
Aren't people who want to watch a football match under cover without getting wet through 'snowflakes' in your world or those unfortunate enough to need to use food banks or social security system "feckless",
no, I don't think it is a sweeping generalisation it is a sign of the total intolerance that exists and always has done in the tory party.

Not sure if this is said on behalf of the whole team, but I suppose it balances out the thoughts of Luther Blissett.

View attachment 50285

His tweet doesn’t help. The gesture means different things to different people. To suggest an ethnic minority cabinet minister is ‘pretending’ to be disgusted by vile racist abuse, when she suffers just as much herself, is somewhat ironic, as I’m pretty sure he’d say no one has any right to tell him what he should thinking about racism abuse.

Aren't people who want to watch a football match under cover without getting wet through 'snowflakes' in your world or those unfortunate enough to need to use food banks or social security system "feckless",
no, I don't think it is a sweeping generalisation it is a sign of the total intolerance that exists and always has done in the tory party.

What has snowflakes getting wet at football got to do with the lower class?Last I looked the price of a ticket was the same on the front row as it is at the back row at Wigan.

Alongside those that generally need it there are also many that abuse the ss system & food banks. They are the ones that generally don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves, commit crimes at will & contribute nothing to society. So yes feckless is a fair description.

Unfortunately your sweeping generalisations about people and groups show a complete lack of the tolerance you claim is one of your values and these attitudes ensures division continues within society.

His tweet doesn’t help. The gesture means different things to different people. To suggest an ethnic minority cabinet minister is ‘pretending’ to be disgusted by vile racist abuse, when she suffers just as much herself, is somewhat ironic, as I’m pretty sure he’d say no one has any right to tell him what he should thinking about racism abuse.

I get what you're saying, but he's just as entitled to his view that Patel was stoking the fire (intentionally or otherwise), just as much as Patel is entitled to hers that what Mings (and the rest of the team) does by TTK is "gesture politics".

I get what you're saying, but he's just as entitled to his view that Patel was stoking the fire (intentionally or otherwise), just as much as Patel is entitled to hers that what Mings (and the rest of the team) does by TTK is "gesture politics".

I know, I just don’t think his comment is fair or helpful and he clearly thinks the same about the Home Secretarys, but they both have the right to express them.

What has snowflakes getting wet at football got to do with the lower class?Last I looked the price of a ticket was the same on the front row as it is at the back row at Wigan.

Alongside those that generally need it there are also many that abuse the ss system & food banks. They are the ones that generally don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves, commit crimes at will & contribute nothing to society. So yes feckless is a fair description.

Unfortunately your sweeping generalisations about people and groups show a complete lack of the tolerance you claim is one of your values and these attitudes ensures division continues within society.

I have been involved and followed politics for well over 40 years and nothing will ever sway my belief that tories don't give a toss about lower classes, they view them as a commodity that added to raw materials produce goods and can be used or abused just as easily, from what I see on here you support whole heartily the tory hard line, but I should not have insinuated you are part of them and anti lower classes and I apologise for that.
It does not stop me believing you are intolerant and if you want to talk about sweeping generalisations look at what you have said about people using food banks and the benefit system, straight out of the daily telegraph / mail / tory method statement book.

Last edited:
I know, I just don’t think his comment is fair or helpful and he clearly thinks the same about the Home Secretarys, but they both have the right to express them.

I suppose you can't blame him for responding .......... she commented first.

Can you show us where patel has or does suffer from vile and abusive racism.

I have been involved and followed politics for well over 40 years and nothing will ever sway my belief that tories don't give a toss about lower classes, they view them as a commodity that added to raw materials produce goods and can be used or abused just as easily. You support that ethos from what I see on here you support whole heartily the tory hard line, but I should not have insinuated you are part of that and I apologise.
It does not stop me believing you are intolerant and 8f you want to talk about sweeping generalisations look at what you have said about people using food banks and the benefit system, straight out of the daily telegraph / mail / tory method statement book.

No I haven’t made that sweeping generalisation. I said some are in complete need of them whilst others aren’t. You seem to view everyone who votes conservatives through the same lense. If you say nothing will change your view on how they treat the lower classes - and if a significant number of people also feel the same - then where is their incentive to try and treat them differently?

I suppose you can't blame him for responding .......... she commented first.

True, I just can’t understand why he thinks someone who suffers just as much racist abuse as he would be pretending to be disgusted by it. Seems an odd thing to say that’s all.

Can you show us where patel has or does suffer from vile and abusive racism.

Come off it, you know full well she does. She even gets prominent union leaders telling her she should leave the country or words to that effect. So let’s not pretend she doesn’t suffer it.

What gives anybody the right to hate .....people hate for several reasons and they are all wrong. I deem you to be a hater so I hate you. It's pathetic . Hating all tories or all this or all that is as idiotic as hating all Muslims because some blow people up. I even know some decent Bolton fans.

I know that some people feel that rather than bending the knee (and potentially enhancing support for the BLM movement) the England footballers should instead be focusing on the Kick it out movement, but it's evident that KIO have no problem with what the England team have been doing:

The PM says, in Parliament, "no-one defended the booing of the England players".

This mon couldn't like straight in bed.

Edit - I'd have more respect for the bloke if he tried to defend/justify his previous comments, together with those of the Home Sec and various MPs.

Any racism is wrong ... no matter who's the target.

However, two things can be right at the same time
- condemning the racist abuse levelled at the Home Sec, and
- condemning the Home Sec for her hypocrisy re her comments re "gesture politics" and her refusal to acknowledge that they stoked division, as mentioned by Mings.

Also, let's not forget that The Spectator is predominantly an opinion based publication. I fins it quite ironic that Brendan O'Neill feels qualified to tell us all what TTK does or doesn't mean ... especially after the words and actions of the England team and Manager in the last few weeks.

Racist abuse of the Home Sec is absolutely out of order. However, the suggestion by O'Neill that Mings wasn't entitled to respond as he did to Patel's tweet is equally out of order.

I do however think he's right ......... Mings' comments probably did (unwittingly) stoke division a little, ....... but he didn't start it.