Your Views on Taking the Knee | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
I wandered what people on hear think of this taking the knee before every footy match.
My own personal view is I don't like it and should be kept out of sport.

Last edited:
I would agree with it if it was not made so political and used for the purpose of the rich man and political parties wanting to gain influence. We already have kick it out, more effective and leaves politics out of it. I don't accept anything that uses anti racism as a tool for division where it should be for unity.

It was originally supposed to be in memory of George Floyd and his disgraceful death at the hands of the police and as a one off Memorium like a minutes silence or applause it was perfectly acceptable but along with the disruptive BLM movement it has now been turned it into a political statement. Add to that that most of the Black players also raise their fist in the black power salute which is totally political and it should never have been adopted before every match. When you consider that the FA wouldn’t allow poppies to be displayed on shirts as it was considered political it tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of the football authorities. Hopefully it has now ended with the seasons finish and we can put it behind us.

The reason i hate it is because for me ALL lives matter not just black people, only a couple of weeks after George Floydd (if that) three white people were killed by a terrorist in London, that soon blew over, no mention of the incident now, nothing from any authorities that we should take to the knee for that.

Absolutely no need for it!

Is this taking to the knee malarkey compulsory for all players? If players don't agree or don't want to do it then they shouldn't be forced to.

Remember the Poppy Dodger we had at Latics? He refused to wear a Poppy and to rub our noses in it he had the audacity to turn his back, nothing said!

Is this taking to the knee malarkey compulsory for all players? If players don't agree or don't want to do it then they shouldn't be forced to.

Remember the Poppy Dodger we had at Latics? He refused to wear a Poppy and to rub our noses in it he had the audacity to turn his back, nothing said!

The irony of remembering!
11:00am Remberance Day and one angry little man after taking his dog for a walk was on this very forum posting his views at that exact time!!!

That’s the whole point - all lives don’t matter in our selfish society. Unfortunately they have to make a stand. Or a knee. I don’t understand why you are getting so upset if you don’t think it’s a problem

They don’t have to but the cowards are terrified of being labelled if they don’t. Fortunately half of the F1 drivers declined to do it recently so maybe the poor little snowflakes in football should take a lead?

Support for a far left organisation through sport is inappropriate.
Can you imagine if the same virtue signalling fawn was bestowed on behalf of a far right organisation 🤔.
The cause is just the organisation whose wagon it's hitched tois not and the football "family" jumped on this particular wagon without thinking it through (sound familiar) ?.
Supporting "Kick it out" more strongly would have been the right way to go.

Keep it out of sport??? Have you ever been to a game and listened to some of the racist abuse aimed at players? It’s a reminder to idiots that skin colour shouldn’t make a difference. It’s not political, it’s common decency

Ah right, so taking the knee is going stop all the racist abuse towards players - wish it was that simple. We the fans need to report any racist abuse heard to relevant people...imho.
Taking the knee has no place in sport, again imho.

Ah right, so taking the knee is going stop all the racist abuse towards players - wish it was that simple. We the fans need to report any racist abuse heard to relevant people...imho.
Taking the knee has no place in sport, again imho.
Don't forget that when Malky Mackay was manager our supporters were singing racists songs at away games. And no one reported that.

So you're only concerned about white lives. That says it all.
This is the problem with alot of people, you see something that don't suit your view, so you make an assumption that he/she only cares about white lives to make the person whom does not share your view a racist. Nothing on what he said indicates what you assumed. Even if I disagree with the above statement.

Keep it out of sport??? Have you ever been to a game and listened to some of the racist abuse aimed at players? It’s a reminder to idiots that skin colour shouldn’t make a difference. It’s not political, it’s common decency
Care to offer examples ? - personally not heard a racist comment at a Latics game home or away for many a year (with exception of Bradley Dack if calling someone a traveller is racist - which in these enlightened days no doubt it is).