Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 33 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

KDZ has mentioned on here his support for Trump's efforts to review the "election fraud" (not sure about any wider support for Trump), but I don't recall anything remotely in support of Robinson or the EDL.

In the circumstances, if there's no evidence to be offered, the allegations seem a little irrelevant.

As I said sanitised.

I assume Arthur itis moved this, so if you read this Arthur can you tell this clown it was not me who complained or asked for it,
You are not betraying any trust by giving an honest answer.

It was 'The Fear' that moved it due to receiving a few complaints. As I said before LMB you seem to move it up a notch or 2 where it becomes a slag fest / name calling where imo there is no need. I get your passionate about the Labour Party & protect it like your child but sometimes that passion goes ott if any slight criticism is made. We all have differing beliefs, standpoints & break points but can we not just try & keep it civil. Whatever your thots on KDZ he has been civil with u & merely engaged in debate despite it not to your view points. If he is a Trump supporter that's his decision but it's hardly a crime, despite how bad a politician / World Leader he is in my eyes or anyone else's.

I cannot repost anything as it has been removed and his account sanitised, he does not deny his support for trump, but again I cannot show you any reference on his account.

If i'd been retweeting Robinson as often as you claimed i'm pretty sure you'd have taken a screen grab at the time if you ever saw it at one point and probably put it on here in one of the previous political discussions.

Think about it - you are claiming i regulary tweet out stuff publicly on social media for the world to see but am also scared of people seeing it. That would completely defeat the purpose of tweeting anything in the first place.

Weren't you were calling people the KKK the other week? Why resort to this shit, why can't you keep it civil?

I am

Not denying there are cases, what I am saying is most of the cases are similar tropes to what Tree said, one example of uproar in the Jewish community, Corbyn said he found a piece of art Freedom for Humanity thought provoking and interesting and the artist had a right to promote it, he was ripped to bits because the Jewish lobby claimed fronted by Luciana Berger claimed he was anti semitic for saying this, incidently she had said nothing 6 years previously when it happened, only when the long knives where out.

You asked Hindley for examples of anti semitism with the Labour Party. Given its now not disputed it exists I’m not sure of the relevance. I’m not sure you can equate the use of the word ‘kraut’ with labelling those from the Jewish community ‘yids’ for example. It’s like saying ‘poms’ ‘limeys’ or ‘jocks’, ‘yanks’... How far does it go? Should we stop calling people from liverpool ‘scoucers’, those from birmingham ‘brummies’, Londoners ‘cockneys, Newcastle folk ‘geordies’, Sunderland residents ‘mackems? People can find offence anywhere but sometimes tolerance and common sense needs to prevail before society is sanitised completely.

In regards the Berger reference I could advocate that bringing up words said or deeds done from six years ago is unnecessary but others may say those people didn’t feel confident speaking up at the time. For what it’s worth I certainly don’t feel these Twitter archeologists digging up crap from a decade ago are doing any good. Take olly Robinson for example. People develop, mature and change so to effectively kill his career/life for a tweet nigh on a decade ago is wrong and completely disproportionate. It seems punishment rather than education is the only social acceptable response for such inappropriateness these days and it is wrong.

Can I ask a question of those that have commented recently on this thread, I know my remarks have caused it to blow up, I made those remarks because KDZ used a link to the Minneapolis city council to back up his anti BLM stance, the claim was totally untrue and one of many false claims Trump made, my question is.

Is it OK to post stuff like that, and has anyone condemned him or asked for proof like has happened with me.

The problem lmb is that those remarks were very inflammatory and unsubstantiated. So therefore uncalled for. I doubt anyone believes your claim but you have accused him of something you can’t prove and likewise he cannot disprove bar seizure and examination of his electronic media devices. If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt you’d be best pleased and be creating merry hell. Challenge the veracity of the claims in the Minneapolis link by all means, that’s the whole point of a debate, but in regards these unsubstantiated slurs the best course of action would be to delete the posts referencing them.

By the way, hateful stuff like this is why the team took the knee, and why it's right they keep on taking the knee until pig-ignorant attitudes like this cease to exist.

Spot on, but I've no doubt that they'll be plenty out there who will say that the players also stirred up controversy by kneeling

Just like Johnson and Patel refused to condemn those who booed the kneeling (& Patel who openly criticised it) but have now released public statements condemning those who've come out with tweets like you've shown. They make me sick

I can't remember ever doing this previously, but I would like to congratulate the PM on his comments at the start of his 5pm briefing, and associate myself with the line "And those who directed racist abuse at some of the players, I say shame on you & I hope you crawl back under the rock from which you emerged"

Spot on, but I've no doubt that they'll be plenty out there who will say that the players also stirred up controversy by kneeling

Just like Johnson and Patel refused to condemn those who booed the kneeling (& Patel who openly criticised it) but have now released public statements condemning those who've come out with tweets like you've shown. They make me sick

You still unable to understand why they booed. Again, they aren’t booing because they are in disagreement with anti racism message, they are booing as they associate taking the knee with the blm movement and all their aims.

As for saying PP and BJ make you feel sick for condemning the vile tweets, you may want to reword that.

I can't remember ever doing this previously, but I would like to congratulate the PM on his comments at the start of his 5pm briefing, and associate myself with the line "And those who directed racist abuse at some of the players, I say shame on you & I hope you crawl back under the rock from which you emerged"

So lets condemn people that use racist comments then follow it with I hope you crawl back under the rock from which you emerged"

Very classy! :downer:

By the way, hateful stuff like this is why the team took the knee, and why it's right they keep on taking the knee until pig-ignorant attitudes like this cease to exist.

That’s the problem, it’ll be never be eradicated unfortunately. As I’ve said previously a different anti racism gesture would be far better, as like it or not large numbers of people don’t associate taking the knee with a pure anti racism gesture, but with something else. Whether the players say otherwise or not.

I think it’s about time that these footballers grouped together and took legal action against these social media companies. Effectively they are hosting a platform that is facilitating racial harassment against them and they are doing next to nothing to prevent it. It won’t stop racism but it’ll hopefully reduce the targeted abuse they receive and reduce the opportunity for individuals to spout this vile crap.

So lets condemn people that use racist comments then follow it with I hope you crawl back under the rock from which you emerged"

Very classy! :downer:

Our PM said it T&C ....................... I'm just agreeing with it.

Not sure why you'd have an issue with it though. What would you say about those who dealt out that disgusting abuse? Nothing good I presume.

That’s the problem, it’ll be never be eradicated unfortunately. As I’ve said previously a different anti racism gesture would be far better, as like it or not large numbers of people don’t associate taking the knee with a pure anti racism gesture, but with something else. Whether the players say otherwise or not.

I think it’s about time that these footballers grouped together and took legal action against these social media companies. Effectively they are hosting a platform that is facilitating racial harassment against them and they are doing next to nothing to prevent it. It won’t stop racism but it’ll hopefully reduce the targeted abuse they receive and reduce the opportunity for individuals to spout this vile crap.

Do you not think there's any connection between the PM and PP condemning the bending, yet supporting the booing, and the motivation behind these arsewipes in making those comments?
NB: I'm not saying that either Johnson or PP were encouraging the comments, but I'd argue some felt they offered them a degree of justification ........ that the PM and the Home Sec were on "their side".

Still, congratulations to him for such an unequivocal condemnation.

Oh, and I would have thought that even more people now would only/mainly associate bending the knee with this kind of racism, rather than the more political gesture you mention.

Do you not think there's any connection between the PM and PP condemning the bending, yet supporting the booing, and the motivation behind these arsewipes in making those comments?
NB: I'm not saying that either Johnson or PP were encouraging the comments, but I'd argue some felt they offered them a degree of justification ........ that the PM and the Home Sec were on "their side".

Still, congratulations to him for such an unequivocal condemnation.

Oh, and I would have thought that even more people now would only/mainly associate bending the knee with this kind of racism, rather than the more political gesture you mention.

I think racists are racists and I don’t think they need any justification to behave as they do. I also think some of it is deliberate to further agitate the issue. Free speech means people can boo, how can you have politicians saying otherwise, particularly when those booing in their minds aren’t booing against anti racism.

Interesting Luther Blissett was just on the news talking about it. He also feels taking the knee is diluting the anti racism message and feels a new gesture that’s not associated with blm is needed. I agree. People on both sides of the argument about what it stands for are going round in round in circles. We can debate it till the cows come home but it won’t make any difference. Time to draw a line and come up with something different. Be it driven by individuals or the government the social media companies need to be held accountable as it’s their platforms this is primarily being driven on at present.

Fair point re racists being racists.
I thought the PM and PP were condemning the knee bending rather than supporting free speech ... and for what it's worth, of course they should be allowed to boo ....... and take whatever flak they get, just like racists do.

Fair point re racists being racists.
I thought the PM and PP were condemning the knee bending rather than supporting free speech ... and for what it's worth, of course they should be allowed to boo ....... and take whatever flak they get, just like racists do.

I’m not sure but without digging out their statements i thought in essence they were saying free speech worked both ways so weren’t condemning booing and that’s were the furore started.

I think racists are racists and I don’t think they need any justification to behave as they do. I also think some of it is deliberate to further agitate the issue. Free speech means people can boo, how can you have politicians saying otherwise, particularly when those booing in their minds aren’t booing against anti racism.

Interesting Luther Blissett was just on the news talking about it. He also feels taking the knee is diluting the anti racism message and feels a new gesture that’s not associated with blm is needed. I agree. People on both sides of the argument about what it stands for are going round in round in circles. We can debate it till the cows come home but it won’t make any difference. Time to draw a line and come up with something different. Be it driven by individuals or the government the social media companies need to be held accountable as it’s their platforms this is primarily being driven on at present.
Isn't it amazing that one person gets on TV because he says what the racist element use to try to justify their vitriol.

Why am I not shocked you would use that analogy, not because I think you are racist, but because you are just like the ones you support, ie Johnson and patel who do not give a toss about the lower classes in our society.