Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 3 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

On twitter Paul Kendrick seems upset that Israel Folau a Rugby League player hasn't taken the knee before the St Helens vs Catalan game.

Go for it dude! We both have ancestors who were slaves. Just you seem to have an issue with it

F@ck me RichyM, your either on a wind up or just not reading Hamptons posts....he's saying both are offensive be that the raised clenched fist or the nazi salute.....as said open both eyes or better still maybe realise some people are offending by differing things. As to your having ancestors who were slaves - think if you go back far enough most of us will. Think this thread will probably get pulled as its going down a dodgy street n your not helping things imo......

So people who are subject to racist abuse shouldn’t show solidarity because it offends you? I thought my generation were the snowflakes
Next time you take a knee pal think deep inside thinking black lives matter
Well also think about asian men grooming and raping poor white english girls
Think about an ex soldier in his 80s who was walking through a park in rochdal and jumped on by asian youths batterd ant told this is our turf
All this whooo is me shit just taking the piss

F@ck me RichyM, your either on a wind up or just not reading Hamptons posts....he's saying both are offensive be that the raised clenched fist or the nazi salute.....as said open both eyes or better still maybe realise some people are offending by differing things. As to your having ancestors who were slaves - think if you go back far enough most of us will. Think this thread will probably get pulled as its going down a dodgy street n your not helping things imo......
Yeah I understand. I’m just noting that a Nazi salute and a black power fist are incomparable. More so today than before. One is equality, the other is superiority. And context plays a huge role in this as well. A Nazi salute in any context is awful. However someone who has been abused due to their skin colour doing a fist in solidarity is not abhorrent.

I think this should be pulled down tbh. We all can have our different opinions. We are all humans and I’m sure everyone on here just wants equality for all.

Next time you take a knee pal think deep inside thinking black lives matter
Well also think about asian men grooming and raping poor white english girls
Think about an ex soldier in his 80s who was walking through a park in rochdal and jumped on by asian youths batterd ant told this is our turf
All this whooo is me shit just taking the piss
I’m not going to comment anymore on this. We all know where I stand, kneel or don’t. Raise a fist or don’t. I don’t care. But I don’t mind if a person who has experienced abuse feels the need to make their voices heard through actions

There are murderers, rapists, scum of all ethnicities.
We were all put on this earth to do good. Some people don’t follow those rules. Some happen to be black, some happen to be Asian, some happen to be white.

just love one another and respect people’s ability to protest when they’re being oppressed. That’s all we can do... Well apart from not oppress in the first place.

Yeah I understand. I’m just noting that a Nazi salute and a black power fist are incomparable. More so today than before. One is equality, the other is superiority. And context plays a huge role in this as well. A Nazi salute in any context is awful. However someone who has been abused due to their skin colour doing a fist in solidarity is not abhorrent.

I think this should be pulled down tbh. We all can have our different opinions. We are all humans and I’m sure everyone on here just wants equality for all.
Think on this - during the 1930s the appeasers of Hitler decreed that the Nazi salute was inoffensive - how wrong they were.
In the 2020's some like yourself decree that a black power salute is about equality - it is not - It's also about superiority - you should check your facts before embarrassing yourself.
It's shouldn't be a race to be the most offended but seems that way right now - sad sad sad

They did a big video clip and all the drivers wore their BLM t shirts.
Some didn’t kneel because (as described before the Spielberg race) in their home country it doesn’t go down well.
I thought it was a great show, the race was even better.

It doesn't go down well in this country but Sky are pushing it like mad for there own ends

Think on this - during the 1930s the appeasers of Hitler decreed that the Nazi salute was inoffensive - how wrong they were.
In the 2020's some like yourself decree that a black power salute is about equality - it is not - It's also about superiority - you should check your facts before embarrassing yourself.
It's shouldn't be a race to be the most offended but seems that way right now - sad sad sad
I’m not offended at all. Make of that what you will.

The cause is just the organisation whose wagon it's hitched to is not and the football "family" jumped on this particular wagon without thinking it through (sound familiar) ?.
Supporting "Kick it out" more strongly would have been the right way to go.

Couldn't agree more. Racism has no place in the world, and I very much doubt anyone (at least no-one in their right mind) wants to see racism anywhere. Kick It Out, am already existing and well respected campaign, do a great job of standing up to racism without politicising it.

BLM is great in principle, but it has been hijacked by people with political agendas and ambitions, and has subsequently morphed into a political movement which is borderline black supremacist. I have no time for politics in football, and I hope that the end of the season also marks the end of this practice at the beginning of games.

I'd be all in favour of a portion of EFL / Premier League profits being channeled into the Kick It Out campaign, if that's not already happening. If it is, then I'd back a larger amount going to the campaign. Kick It Out are a very well established campaign now, and have proven time and time again that they do things the right way, which is addressing the problem of racism without politicising it. BLM cannot claim the same, however just their founding principles are / were.