Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

Brilliant idea. Fully behind it. Watching the Grand Prix (recorded from earlier) there was a brilliant show of solidarity before the race. I’m so proud of the sportsmen letting their platform be used for good!

It was originally supposed to be in memory of George Floyd and his disgraceful death at the hands of the police and as a one off Memorium like a minutes silence or applause it was perfectly acceptable but along with the disruptive BLM movement it has now been turned it into a political statement. Add to that that most of the Black players also raise their fist in the black power salute which is totally political and it should never have been adopted before every match. When you consider that the FA wouldn’t allow poppies to be displayed on shirts as it was considered political it tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of the football authorities. Hopefully it has now ended with the seasons finish and we can put it behind us.
If you’ve been subject to racist abuse (all of my black, Asian, Hispanic friends have). Then I think you’re allowed to raise your fist. It’s not hurting anyone and nobody is saying you have to raise your fist.

Support for a far left organisation through sport is inappropriate.
Can you imagine if the same virtue signalling fawn was bestowed on behalf of a far right organisation 🤔.
The cause is just the organisation whose wagon it's hitched tois not and the football "family" jumped on this particular wagon without thinking it through (sound familiar) ?.
Supporting "Kick it out" more strongly would have been the right way to go.
You think equality is far left?

Brilliant idea. Fully behind it. Watching the Grand Prix (recorded from earlier) there was a brilliant show of solidarity before the race. I’m so proud of the sportsmen letting their platform be used for good!

No there wasn't half bowed down half didn't that's not a brilliant show of solidarity. Its obvious from past weeks some drivers are uncomfortable with it.

If you’ve been subject to racist abuse (all of my black, Asian, Hispanic friends have). Then I think you’re allowed to raise your fist. It’s not hurting anyone and nobody is saying you have to raise your fist.
Massively racist and naive comment - you do understand "black power" symbolism I take it ?
Sure all your woke crowd will be roundly calling you out for this post!

No there wasn't half bowed down half didn't that's not a brilliant show of solidarity. Its obvious from past weeks some drivers are uncomfortable with it.
They did a big video clip and all the drivers wore their BLM t shirts.
Some didn’t kneel because (as described before the Spielberg race) in their home country it doesn’t go down well.
I thought it was a great show, the race was even better.

They did a big video clip and all the drivers wore their BLM t shirts.
Some didn’t kneel because (as described before the Spielberg race) in their home country it doesn’t go down well.
I thought it was a great show, the race was even better.
Clearly some countries are more sensible in their approach to keeping politics out of sport then !
As the UK is the most racist country in the world if the bleatings of the "serially offended" are to be believed - couldn't be that, could it ?
Pressurising individuals to "join in" with things they don't subscribe to is also wrong, isn't it ?

Clearly some countries are more sensible in their approach to keeping politics out of sport then !
As the UK is the most racist country in the world if the bleatings of the "serially offended" are to be believed - couldn't be that, could it ?
Pressurising individuals to "join in" with things they don't subscribe to is also wrong, isn't it ?
“Serially offended”? You’re working your ticket over a fist😅