Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play | Page 3 | Vital Football

Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Jason Shackell and Matt Rhead on two yellows each, but I can find no trace of more than one.....

The filters on those FA Fair Play tables are very temperamental. I suspect they are not working properly and erroneously include the FA Cup and EFL Trophy.

It happened right in front of us and I am sure he was given a yellow after the completion of the move.

Bostwick was given a final warning (ref points to 3 or 4 areas of the field) but cant remember if this was delayed following an advantage. In about the 80th minute he was duly booked for a further foul. The ref quite clearly raised a yellow card. If the 'hacks' and OS missed it them they are clearly suitable to become referees themselves. Played sunday league football a long time ago and the ref suggested that a player he'd red-carded late in the game should pay a club fine and nothing would appear in his records sent to the league secretary etc

Pleased Rose got booked for them, his habit of jumping on the back of our player was very annoying.
Don't forget lads we're the dirty team not them

Update: I am reliably informed that Shackell was booked after the final whistle against Crawley, and Bostwick was indeed booked on Saturday; both added below.

From this season, yellow cards are competition-specific.

EFL:

The good news is that no City player can pick up a suspension now for five yellows, with the cut-off being the Oldham game on Tuesday (the nineteenth game).

So we now move on to the next cut-off point, which is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

3: Neal Eardley
2: Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Michael Bostwick, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, James Wilson
1: Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Matt Rhead on two yellows, but I can find no trace of more than one.

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition only.

Current numbers are:

FA Cup:
1: John Akinde, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell

EFL Trophy:
1: Michael Bostwick, Matt Green, Jamie McCombe, Matt Rhead.

James Wilson is available for the Accrington game after suspension. Michael O'Connor still has one more match to serve.

Bostwick was indeed booked on Saturday; both added below.
Not seeing it. I watched the second half again and he is not booked. The ref has a long chat to him around the 60 minute mark. Bossie can be seen tapping the ref on the side of the arm as if to say "OK I got it, next time I'm in the book". Ref does not show a card, keeps his hands out of his pockets and makes no notes.

Do you know when this booking is supposed to have taken place?

Not seeing it. I watched the second half again and he is not booked. The ref has a long chat to him around the 60 minute mark. Bossie can be seen tapping the ref on the side of the arm as if to say "OK I got it, next time I'm in the book". Ref does not show a card, keeps his hands out of his pockets and makes no notes.

Do you know when this booking is supposed to have taken place?
see my earlier post - about 80 mins.

see my earlier post - about 80 mins.
Ah yes, sorry. It's definitely not on iFollow, but I am thinking it happened after Danny Rose missed on the far post and just before Rhead came on. MB makes another challenge, the ref plays advantage and when the camera eventually comes off Rose the ref can be seen walking away from Shack and Bossie and toward the incoming Rhead.

Bossie was booked after the ref played advantage & then came back to card him, so no obvious free kick for you to notice

Update after the Oldham game.

EFL:

So we now move on to the next cut-off point, which is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

3: Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley
2: Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, James Wilson
1: John Akinde, Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Matt Rhead on two yellows, but I can find no trace of more than one.

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition only.

Current numbers are:

FA Cup:

EFL Trophy:
1: Michael Bostwick, Matt Green, Jamie McCombe, Matt Rhead.

James Wilson is available for the Accrington game after suspension. Michael O'Connor still has one more match to serve.

Update after the Stevenage game.

EFL:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

3: Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley
2: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, James Wilson
1: Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo

FA Cup:

Update after the Morecambe game.

EFL:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only. Weekly movements in bold:

3: Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley, Michael O'Connor
2: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, James Wilson
1: Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo

FA Cup:

Update after the Newport game.

EFL:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only. Weekly movements shown in bold:

2: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson

FA Cup:

Update after the Newport game.

EFL:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only. Weekly movements shown in bold:

2: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson

FA Cup:

Matt Green can be removed from these stats with possibly others to follow