Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play | Page 4 | Vital Football

Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play

Update after the Newport game.

From this season, yellow cards are competition-specific.

EFL:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only. Weekly movements shown in bold:

3: Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley, Michael O'Connor
2: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson
1: Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Matt Rhead on two yellows, but I can find no trace of more than one.

FA Cup:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition only.

1: John Akinde, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell

Think Shackell got booked today for kicking the ball out of the Ground after the 'mix up'.

Yellow definitely came out after the mix up for kicking the ball away but think it was Toff. A bit harsh really

Now the cup competitions are over, time to focus on L2 only.

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game, currently scheduled to be the game at Mansfield on 16 March; however, postponements and rearrangements (e.g. Exeter) may affect that. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban. Weekly movements shown in bold:

4: Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley
3: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Michael O'Connor, Jason Shackell
2: Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Tom Pett, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson
1: Shay McCartan

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables suggest Matt Rhead has three yellows, but I can find no trace of more than two (Colchester away, Cambridge away).

I think it was said that Danny will serve any ban incurred by any other member of the coaching staff

What was the outcome of Danny being sent to the stands prior to Xmas

Good question Mianka - I had almost forgotten about that but he seems to have been in the technical area ever since. Most peculiar. anyone know?

Stage one warnings by club at at January 4, 2019.
Source: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/jan/04/stage-1-warnings-040119 Retrieved Jan' 8, 2019 at 7:27 PM CST

Perception is not necessarily truth. Unless you are Peterborough.

Peterborough United 7 (Top of the league Steve Evans has 4)
Sutton United 5
Crawley Town 5
Bradford City 5
Swindon Town 4
Oxford United 4
Bromley 4
Gillingham 3
Bristol City 3
Accrington Stanley 3
Yeovil Town 2
Shrewsbury Town 2
Notts County 2
Lincoln City 2
Leyton Orient 2
Leeds United 2
Ipswich Town 2
Grimsby Town 2
Crewe Alexandra 2
Barnsley 2

1 each for the following:
Wolves, Wigan, Walsall, Tranmere, Spurs, Sunderland, Stoke City, Stevenage, Solihull Moors, Rochdale, QPR, Oldham, Northampton, Millwall, Mansfield, Manchester City, Maidstone United, Luton Town, Havant & Waterlooville, Harrogate Town, Forest Green Rovers, Halifax Town, Crewe, Colchester United, Chesterfield, Cheltenham Town, Charlton Athletic, Cardiff City, Bury, Bristol Rovers, Braintree Town, Blackburn Rovers, Barrow, Aldershot Town, Sunderland.

Last edited:

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game, currently scheduled to be the game at Mansfield on 16 March; however, postponements and rearrangements (e.g. Exeter) may affect that. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban. Weekly movements shown in bold:

2: Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Tom Pett, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables suggest Matt Rhead has three yellows, but I can find no trace of more than two (Colchester away, Cambridge away).
With regard to the Rhead thing, my records have him also being booked at Crewe on boxing day. There is a lot of variation from source to source about which Imps were booked that game. I have had "McCartan, Akinde, Bostwick, Rhead" but the above table shows Shay only has 1 yellow so I guess he wasn't. Some sources state that it was Shackell who was booked and as he's listed as having 3 above and I only have him down for 2 it must have been him.

However I also have disparities on Shackell, Bostwick and Eardley.
I only have Shack booked against: Colchester (a) and Crewe (a)
I only have Eardley booked against: Bury (h) and Cambridge (h)
I only have Boz booked against: Crawley (h) Oldham (a) and Crewe (a)

However I also have disparities on Shackell, Bostwick and Eardley.
I only have Shack booked against: Colchester (a) and Crewe (a)
I only have Eardley booked against: Bury (h) and Cambridge (h)
I only have Boz booked against: Crawley (h) Oldham (a) and Crewe (a)
Shackell Crewe (A), Colchester (A), Crawley (H).
Eardley Bury (H), Exeter (A), Cambridge (H), Port Vale (H).
Bostwick Crawley (H), Mansfield (H), Oldham (A), Crewe (A).
Checked against the FA site after each game.

With regard to the Rhead thing, my records have him also being booked at Crewe on boxing day.
The Rhead disparity comes from early in the season, but I have not been able to identify which game. Very strange - almost as if someone at the FA has input it incorrectly at some point.

Update after the Swindon game.

3: John Akinde, Harry Anderson, Michael O'Connor, Lee Frecklington, Jason Shackell
2: Bruno Andrade, Tom Pett, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo, James Wilson

0: Kellan Gordon, Bernard Mensah, Grant Smith, Josh Vickers, Scott Wharton

Question for Scotty please.
Do Shackell 2 yellows get written off once he gets a red card or are they still counted towards his total for the season ?

Question for Scotty please.
Do Shackell 2 yellows get written off once he gets a red card or are they still counted towards his total for the season ?
Two yellows equal a red; therefore his yellow card count remains unaltered. In Shackell's case, he went up to four with the first yellow but back down to three with the second.

Update after the Grimsby win.

The next cut-off point is the thirty-seventh league game, currently scheduled to be the home game against Oldham on 12 March; however, postponements and rearrangements may affect that. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban. Weekly movements shown in bold:

4: John Akinde, Michael Bostwick, Neal Eardley, Michael O'Connor
3: Harry Anderson, Lee Frecklington, Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo
2: Bruno Andrade, Tom Pett, Matt Rhead, James Wilson

0: Cian Bolger, James Brown (one yellow in U23), Kellan Gordon, Bernard Mensah, Danny Rowe, Grant Smith, Josh Vickers, Scott Wharton