Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play | Page 2 | Vital Football

Yellow Cards: Current State Of Play

Update after the Forest Green game.

From this season, yellow cards are competition-specific.

EFL:
The cut-off point for five yellow cards is the 19th league game of the season, which is currently scheduled to be either the home game against Mansfield on 24 November or the away game at Oldham on 27 November if the Yeovil game is postponed. Five yellows accumulated in league games on or before the nineteenth game will result in a one-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition.

Current numbers are:

League games:
3: Neal Eardley
2: Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, James Wilson
1: Michael Bostwick, Shay McCartan, Tom Pett, Matt Rhead, Jason Shackell

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Jason Shackell and Matt Rhead on two yellows each, but I can find no trace of more than one.

That means only Neal Eardley can pick up five yellows prior to the cut-off date - well done to everyone.

EFL Trophy:
1: Michael Bostwick, Jamie McCombe.

Scotimp ,what is the state of play with Danny and Nickys yellow cards? Are there any comebacks for them?

Update after the Wolves U21 game.

EFL:
The cut-off point for five yellow cards is the 19th league game of the season, which is now scheduled to be the away game at Oldham on 27 November after the postponement of the Yeovil game. Five yellows accumulated in league games on or before the nineteenth game will result in a one-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition.

Current numbers are:

League games:
2: Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, James Wilson

n.b. The FA Fair Play tables show Jason Shackell and Matt Rhead on two yellows each, but I can find no trace of more than one.

That means only Neal Eardley can pick up five yellows prior to the cut-off date - well done to everyone.

EFL Trophy:
1: Michael Bostwick, Matt Green, Jamie McCombe, Matt Rhead.

James Wilson will be available for the next match after suspension, should there be one. Michael O'Connor still has one more match to serve.

Update after the Northampton game.

EFL:
The cut-off point for five yellow cards is the 19th league game of the season, which is now scheduled to be the away game at Oldham on 27 November after the postponement of the Yeovil game. Five yellows accumulated in league games on or before the nineteenth game will result in a one-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition only.

Current numbers are:

League games:

FA Cup:
1: John Akinde, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell

EFL Trophy:
James Wilson will be available for the next match after suspension, should there be one. Michael O'Connor still has one more match to serve.

Last edited:
Does a red in the FA Cup, as per our opponents today potentially carry forward 3 seasons and conceivably 3 different teams if the player moves and they all exit at the first instance?

Update after the Mansfield game.

EFL:

The good news is that no City player can pick up a suspension now for five yellows, with the cut-off being the Oldham game on Tuesday (the nineteenth game).

So we now move on to the next cut-off point, which is the thirty-seventh league game. Ten yellows accumulated in league games on or before then will result in a two-game ban: the suspension will apply to league games only.

2: Harry Anderson, Bruno Andrade, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Michael O'Connor, Tom Pett, James Wilson
1: Michael Bostwick, Shay McCartan, Matt Rhead, Jason Shackell

Cups:
Two yellows in the cup competitions results in a ban from the next game in that competition only.

Current numbers are:

FA Cup:
1: John Akinde, Matt Green, Tom Pett, Jason Shackell

EFL Trophy:

James Wilson is available for the Accrington game after suspension. Michael O'Connor still has one more match to serve.

Although the club match report only shows Pett as being booked I am sure Bostwick was also booked in the 2nd half. The ref. played advantage to them and then went back and booked Bossie.I am sure I did not dream it.

Although the club match report only shows Pett as being booked I am sure Bostwick was also booked in the 2nd half. The ref. played advantage to them and then went back and booked Bossie.I am sure I did not dream it.
I'll check it on Monday when the referee reports are in.

Not booked. Ref played advantage and moments later Bossie committed another foul. Ref had a long chat and pointed to the two incidents, but no yellow card.