World Cup thread | Vital Football

World Cup thread

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
It's the tournament no one wanted, at a time no one wanted to play it.

It has disfigured the entire domestic season and given approval to a country guilty of the human rights abuses we claim to care so much about, at a time football is more preachy and political than ever. But on the plus side it did make some crooked old bastards at FIFA even richer, and that's the main thing.

Will England foist the knee on everybody else again? Will they embarrass themselves by doing it in the name of the usual non existent domestic issues or will they grow a pair and focus on genuine problems in the host nation? I think we all know the answer. They've already performed the most feeble gesture imaginable by flying in on a plane with an invisible rainbow flag on it so that probably gives us a great indication - they'll be silently disapproving. I hope they feel proud of themselves.

Will fans be thrown in prison for drinking and doing football fan things?

Just how hilarious will it be seeing the groups of fake fans paid to support nations they obviously aren't from? This could be the best bit. They've already wheeled out a bunch of Indians pretending to be England fans.

And the football. There will be the football. Who'll win that? For some reason Brazil are favourites. Maybe because it's 30 degrees there? But I'd at least have France, Portugal and England above them.

Yes, I think England have a serious chance. Doubt I'll be supporting them sadly, but do think the international playing field is more level (lower) than ever and the squad selection from Wokegate could be much worse. Abraham and/or Toney should have gone, maybe Smalling or Tomori too. But I can't remember having so few objections before. The midfield pair of Rice and Bellingham is strong and balanced, and Foden should start every game. The defence has played together a lot now and as a team I think they're more settled and cohesive than most. Ultimately what will cost them is having a tactical coward of a manager. But making the final is possible.

From United's point of view, Ndiaye is the main involvement. Must have a chance of playing. Senegal have a good chance of making the last 8. Just hope he doesn't get injured. Not sure if I want him doing too well. Might make a new contract impossible.
Otherwise, this break will give us a good chance to get players fit, so we can get them on the pitch and injure them again.

I started one this morning and lost it before I could post it all I was doing it for was to post this for those interested

273EF1F3-8BE6-47D3-A03A-9147C7B809DB.jpeg

Having hated everything about this WC I’ve changed tune just for the break our squad gets hopefully they manage the break better than last time we had a mid season break as for England the manager will hold this team back like he did when we should have won the euros

I do really hope that England beat the gobby Welsh cu nts.

And Iran can get fucked too.

Hopefully it'll be an England and USA 1-2 in the group. After that, I don't care.

The conventional predictions would lead to a Brazil v France final. It rarely if ever works out that way though.

Had a couple of what I'd consider decent value bets on player of the tournament.

Rafael Leao - 80/1
Aurelien Tchouameni - 160/1

Kimmich, Bellingham, Cancelo and Bruno Guimaraes also good shouts I think.

Probably be Mbappe or Benzema though.

Ndiaye could be facing England on December 2/3 if both countries get through the group stages.

Senegal is my team this time. Would really love to see Illiman showing his talent on the world stage. He's a special player IMHO.

Interesting that Senegals Sadio Mane has been ruled out of the World Cup...could open a door for the Starboy

Budweiser not happy as the Qataris have changed the rules on where alcohol can be consumed at the last minute.
No beer at the stadiums.

If I was a gay beer drinker I'd be coming home sharpish!
What else might they change at the last minute????

Budweiser not happy as the Qataris have changed the rules on where alcohol can be consumed at the last minute.
No beer at the stadiums.

If I was a gay beer drinker I'd be coming home sharpish!
What else might they change at the last minute????

Any holding of hands by same sex couples incurs immediate head shots as does any females not wearing head to toe black sheeting and any males not wearing long sleeved shirts and slacks. Breathing heavily during the Imams caterwauling met by 1000 lashes in public.