World Cup thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

World Cup thread

That is the best overall game I've ever watched. Given the occasion, the result, the longevity, the tension, and the GOAT and another superstar both doing great things, I think there's more than enough to justify that statement.

Brave teams win tournaments....Argentina totally deserved their win. Their midfield is on a par with ours....and yet their manager galvanised them into the best team in the World.

Whereas ours.....

What their midfield managed to do was amazing.

Enzo Fernandez deserves the young player award for holding their midfield together on his own, in the middle of the three.

De Paul and MacAllister are not defensive midfielders in any way but the job they did either side of him was phenomenal. De Paul was always a bit more of a luxury player but over the last 2 or 3 years has come to the fore massively as a hardworking team player. The work rate of these two is why they've won the tournament. They've been consistent all the way through.

Just how influential Messi has been is also beyond what I thought he was likely to be capable of at this age. It does his greatness justice. It's an amazing crowning glory for him.

What a disgrace they wrapped Messi in that fucking robe for the trophy lift by the way.

Stupid, selfish cu nts.

It's a historic sporting moment. A historic image. It's brief. You're there once.

But no, he can't just be seen in his number 10 Argentina shirt, can he.

It's like masks on the TdF podium or something. Fuck that. He should have ripped the thing straight off.

When we look back at the image it will bring up 'WTF' feelings that remind us of the sickness of this time where nothing can just be allowed to be what it should be.

What a disgrace they wrapped Messi in that fucking robe for the trophy lift by the way.

Stupid, selfish cu nts.

It's a historic sporting moment. A historic image. It's brief. You're there once.

But no, he can't just be seen in his number 10 Argentina shirt, can he.

It's like masks on the TdF podium or something. Fuck that. He should have ripped the thing straight off.

When we look back at the image it will bring up 'WTF' feelings that remind us of the sickness of this time where nothing can just be allowed to be what it should be.
Totally agree. Couldn't work it out, Messi looked embarrassed.

How come a country like Argentina with half our population can win the WC 3 times and be Runners Up 3 times compared to our 1 win and no Runners Up spot?

Once the French scored their first it was a classic game in my opinion,absolutely top drawer. MESSI & Mbappe surely are the stars of the World Cup. Have to say i don't think it should've been held in Qatar but purely on the football played it's been a very good World Cup. UTB

Good to see Messi and Mbappe perform so well on the biggest stage.

Both deserve the awards. Often they'll give the Golden Ball to someone for their reputation and their teams performance, but that didn't even need to come into it - no one was better than Messi in this WC. Only Mbappe came close.

The crowning glory for Messi.
They didn't need to make him into a caped crusader- he's a magician with both his feet and his vision.
The best I have ever seen - consistently ,cultured, clear thinking,charismatic, cunning,coordinated heart warming class.

Thank you Lionel.