World Cup 2018 | Page 9 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

Don't fancy Portugal at all. Other than Ronaldo they are man for man worse than England.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Morocco make it out of that group with Spain.

I've done a pool with 7 friends where we've each drafted 4 teams in a snake draft. I had the first pick, and gone with France knowing full well they won't win it all, but I couldn't bring myself to pick and thereby root for Germany or Brazil.

I've ended up with 1st pick France, 16th Pick Sweden, 17th Pick Iceland (did it for Thor even though I don't see them advancing out of the group stage), and was left with the final pick Lawrence of Arabias.

You get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 3 points for advancing out of the group stage, 4 for winning Round of 16 match, 6 for winning Quarterfinal match, 10 for winning Semis match, 12 for winning the Final, and 8 for winning the 3rd place match. The twist is that your 4th round pick (my inheritance of Saudi Arabia dead last) gets a 2x multiplier to keep them relevant.

We then all placed a bulk order for Chinese knockoff jerseys of the teams we've picked (So I've got a Greizman, Forsberg, Thor, Al-Sahlawi?) for a whopping $8.99 per jersey.

Actually quite looking forward to the World Cup now

We're doing a sweep at work. I ended up with Iran so death to the great Satan and long live the Ayatollah.

We split the teams at work into the best 16 (Based on rankings) and then the rest. Every team into an individual envelope, pick 1 envelope from the first 16 then an another from the second 16. That way people wouldn’t say no to entering once someone got the favourites. I got Belgium and Serbia, quietly confident of getting some money back for a 3rd place finish with Belgium.

Sorry mate, I'm no mystic Meg but Sweden, Iceland and Saudi Arabia will probably score 3 goals between them in the group stages.

France should do ok though.

Saudi Arabia managed to put 1 past Germany tonight, and really should have scored a second to earn a draw with a 2-on-1 in the 90th minute.

Iceland I agree are a longshot, but Sweden are not to be scoffed at

So England go and base themselves in a village with somewhat basic facilities, whilst Spain will spend at least 18 days in the magnificent Krasnodar academy, state of the art setup.

Boring I know but just had a tenner on Brazil @ 9/2

Skybet are giving money back as a free bet on all outright losing bets up to £10, so if you have a Skybet account you might as well have a go.

£10 on anyone and if they get knocked out you get your £10 back as a free bet to have a go on something else.

Tunisia are holding out to a draw with a solid Spain XI :(

Equivalent of a pre season friendly these load of international games. Wouldn't read anything into the. Likewise Ingerland winning against the might of Costa Rica Spain will do what they do at a tournament (be there or thereabouts) and we will do what we do ( be abject as usual)

Equivalent of a pre season friendly these load of international games. Wouldn't read anything into the. Likewise Ingerland winning against the might of Costa Rica Spain will do what they do at a tournament (be there or thereabouts) and we will do what we do ( be abject as usual)

Yep, I don’t disagree

Well, France only drew with Trumpland. Spain changed things around on the hour and ended up winning - Aspas is a special player, has been all season in La Liga

Also I think these pre-tournament friendlies are a nightmare for the top players. Last night for example, a revamped Chilean team [they had failed to QF] went diving in against certain Polish players and produced a good few leg breakers that the ref did jack about. Both Chile and Poland are in the top ten Fifa rankings. I would expect better from the ref considering it was obvious that an experimental home based Chilean team were keen to 'impress' by whatever means.