World Cup 2018 | Page 46 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

What are the odds that instead of penalties will England be eliminated by a contentious VAR decision? The phrase clear and obvious is nothing but a cover up for manipulation and incompetence. Nothing short of scandalous in sporting terms.

VAR will get very ugly as this tournament gets into the latter stages . The FIFA preferred teams will get all the decisions you watch

Did I hear right that the ref over ruled VAR if so what's the point in having it
Didn't hear that but I was working on something. I can understand the penalty not being given in fairness, but the way VAR has been painted, the referee can't overrule them??

Didn't hear that but I was working on something. I can understand the penalty not being given in fairness, but the way VAR has been painted, the referee can't overrule them??
I thought I heard the commentator say that VAR thought it was a pen but the ref had over ruled it but wasn't taking much notice at the time but either way it was a pen for me.

Doubt the commentator would know to be fair mate. communication seems one way only - ref receives instruction so not he can overrule.

For the pen, I didn't think it was but I wouldn't have been surprised to see it given. One of them for me.

Serves the Swedes right. Far too negative when playing v 10 men. Retreated when they could have stretched the game. Ridiculous losing that game.

Fair play to the Germans. Teams are too quickly written off nowadays.