World Cup 2018 | Page 31 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

Sterling is bang average without Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero around him.

And that's nail on the head problem.
The vast majority of our players are deemed better than they are due to who they play with at club level.
It's not rocket science to see this.

I am patient because this is a young team building and learning. I think we'll get through the group stage and with the goals of Kayne, we always have a chance in any match.

We went scrappy 2nd half but then, these teams aren't always easy to break down, it was apparently horribly humid and those midges must have been a mare as well.

It did look like we'd lost our composure but we should have had 2 pens and did have enough chances in the 1st half to be out of sight.

All in all, a deserved win.

I like Southgate. He won't deserve the inevitable shit storm coming his way when it goes wrong .

He needs to be kept on. We keep moving people in. We don't learn. There is not a manager out there who can turn these players into what we want. Why not try something different and keep a manager long term.

I like Southgate. He won't deserve the inevitable shit storm coming his way when it goes wrong .

He needs to be kept on. We keep moving people in. We don't learn. There is not a manager out there who can turn these players into what we want. Why not try something different and keep a manager long term.

They spoiled the game by faking injury at every opportunity, mauling the England player in the box, just generally breaking up play.............. It almost worked for them.

Glad England got the second goal, they deserved it but have to learn how to deal with these twats. Had England been 3-0 up after 20 minutes (as they could have been) we march on....

Hopefully lessons learned, changes need to be made when the team selection, Injuries or formation is not working, don't wait for 10 minutes to go and expect Rashford to come on and score a hat full of goals. On tonight's showing I would start with him....

Last edited:
Kane showed a lot of maturity and composure not to react to the man handling, he didn't complain and and focused on the job, well played. Some of our passing looked nervy and we can't continue to blame ref or bad luck, need to show composure all over the pitch.

Been a lot of penalties so far not convinced VAR is helping much, why wasn't it used in the Premier league last year the Bundesliga had it. If it's going to be used we should of got more experience with it.

They spoiled the game by faking injury at every opportunity, mauling the England player in the box, just generally breaking up play.............. It almost worked for them.

Glad England got the second goal, they deserved it but have to learn how to deal with these twats. Had England been 3-0 up after 20 minutes (as they could have been) we march on....

Hopefully lessons learned, changes need to be made when the team selection, Injuries or formation is not working, don't wait for 10 minutes to go and expect Rashford to come on and score a hat full of goals. On tonight's showing I would start with him....

Yes, despite my general negativity we were the only side wanting to play. Did our keeper have anything to do other than the penalty . No.
And their man handling, play acting and general game spoiling was evident. Their manager was clearly the Tunisian Colin ******.

Sterling was woeful though. Thought Henderson and Trippier did well. Thing is with Henderson is he gets stick but other more skillful players should be doing their stuff. People expect Henderson to be what he is not. Let's face it not since Gazza have we remotely had that midfielder with skill and guile to go past a player in the central area.

Thing about Kane is he's a natural goal scorer, makes it look so easy and rarely fluffs it. Sterling, Lingard and Rashford aren't quite in that league, think they were maybe trying a bit too hard. But they can improve.

Kane showed a lot of maturity and composure not to react to the man handling, he didn't complain and and focused on the job, well played. Some of our passing looked nervy and we can't continue to blame ref or bad luck, need to show composure all over the pitch.

Completely agree, I wanted to punch their defenders and I wasn’t playing. One of the most natural players in a box I’ve ever seen, his little movements a yard or two in either direction and he’s finds himself in space - twice.

The only thing I’d like to see more of is a bit of selfishness. When he gets a goal, I want to see him on every free kick within 30 yards of that goal. Trippier and Young are not renowned for their free kicks going into the top corner and it showed, I want to see Kane as captain get the ball and demand to take it like Ronaldo or Messi does

Thing about Kane is he's a natural goal scorer, makes it look so easy and rarely fluffs it. Sterling, Lingard and Rashford aren't quite in that league, think they were maybe trying a bit too hard. But they can improve.
Rashford is a different player to Kane but could compliment him well.

Hope Southgate has the balls to drop sterling and play Rashford. Sterling will probably have a half decent game against Panama so if you go by the ‘don’t change a winning team’ formula then he might start all three group games. In my opinion, you have a very limited set of games play, who’s on form.

It's that for me, all young, new to the pressure of this sort of world stage, they can all get better if they stick together as a team.

Delighted with the win because as far as I am concerned for once justice was done,and pretty fed up of England always getting dodgy decisions
from crap refs over the years. Southgate is doing ok with a young side and my expectations arent high. Did think with 25 mins to go Vardy with his pace and experience would have been a decent option.

It's that for me, all young, new to the pressure of this sort of world stage, they can all get better if they stick together as a team.
The other thing that people forget is that Southgate has worked with quite a few of these players through the years with the U21, U19 etc. So he’s coached them in tournament environments before. Has to help...

Delighted with the win because as far as I am concerned for once justice was done,and pretty fed up of England always getting dodgy decisions
from crap refs over the years. Southgate is doing ok with a young side and my expectations arent high. Did think with 25 mins to go Vardy with his pace and experience would have been a decent option.
I think Vardy was ideally suited to the game in the first half when they were pressing us and leaving gaps behind. Once they sat deep in the second half it was all about trying to work an opening with a bit of guile and some physicality. I actually thought his substitutions were spot on, even though I had to check Wikipedia to find out who the hell Loftus Cheek was...

For all of you who complain about commentators back home, spare a thought for those of us state-side. Some of the utter garbage that I have to listen to is mind-boggling...