World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 21 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

35 minutes to go and Ireland leading 17-9, have to say that they seem to have that little bit extra and are great to watch. As far as sporting activities are concerned this hasn't been my week, pretty sure we're out of the football and as for cricket the least said the better. It's going to be a year or two before we start to compete again in that field. And as a lot of Aussies would say "about time too". Believe me.

Rugby now 17 - 16 to Ireland, I live in hope.

I like how Maradona was sacked as Argentina manager but he still goes to the games. I’d like to see Kevin Keegan at all games buzzing off Persian rugs with a scarf tied round his head.

35 minutes to go and Ireland leading 17-9, have to say that they seem to have that little bit extra and are great to watch. As far as sporting activities are concerned this hasn't been my week, pretty sure we're out of the football and as for cricket the least said the better. It's going to be a year or two before we start to compete again in that field. And as a lot of Aussies would say "about time too". Believe me.

Rugby now 17 - 16 to Ireland, I live in hope.

Its no disgrace losing the series to a team ranked two in World Rugby, even if they did swap and change their line up for all three tests.

Losing O Mahoney in the first half would have been disastrous at one point; not any longer, there are two, three and four players fighting for each shirt, all of Test Match ability.

Australia have come a long way under Cheika and will be a force at next years World Cup; not like one side I could mention.

Ireland win 20-16, perhaps just a little bit lucky in the end, but they seem to have that bit of something that's difficult to define but does win games. Great game to watch.

Cricket, sorry again but I read an interesting article today on the S.A. business and the conclusion that the writer came too was that in the last 2 or 3 years the team had developed a "win at all costs" mentality. And that included ball tampering, lousy sledging and just about anything that led to a win. And that's the way that I and a good many other supporters see it. And now we have to pay the penalty, and it's going to take a while.

I'm looking to Forest giving me a bit of a lift this season. I'm overdue.

Ireland win 20-16, perhaps just a little bit lucky in the end, but they seem to have that bit of something that's difficult to define but does win games. Great game to watch.

Cricket, sorry again but I read an interesting article today on the S.A. business and the conclusion that the writer came too was that in the last 2 or 3 years the team had developed a "win at all costs" mentality. And that included ball tampering, lousy sledging and just about anything that led to a win. And that's the way that I and a good many other supporters see it. And now we have to pay the penalty, and it's going to take a while.

I'm looking to Forest giving me a bit of a lift this season. I'm overdue.

If anyone was lucky it was the Australians; they took full advantage of a referee who did not know the rules.

When Murray attempted to score a try against the posts in the first half, he disallowed it and gave Ireland a penalty for deliberate off side but did not give the perpetrator a card.

It should have been an automatic yellow and penalty try.

If anyone was lucky it was the Australians; they took full advantage of a referee who did not know the rules.

When Murray attempted to score a try against the posts in the first half, he disallowed it and gave Ireland a penalty for deliberate off side but did not give the perpetrator a card.

It should have been an automatic yellow and penalty try.

Have to say mao that I thought the ref did quite well in a very tough match. Murrays attempt was open to different opinions and I can understand your view although I don't agree with it.
The overall view that I took was that the best team won in the end. I bet we're agreed on one thing though, it was a great game to watch.

Belgium showing why they should be taken seriously in this tournament.

Doing what a lot of the big sides have failed to do in putting a lesser side to the sword.

I thought Tunisia just threw in the towel to be fair Bash. They look susceptible to pace, particularly down the wings so I think we will beat them

I thought Tunisia just threw in the towel to be fair Bash. They look susceptible to pace, particularly down the wings so I think we will beat them
They did but it was because Belgium were so much better.

Pace and set pieces are where Belgium are weakest but if Martinez leaves the shackles off they will be too good for us going forward.

I can see both sides ‘engineering’ a draw though as it suits both and there is no one in group h that should frighten either team.

If we beat Panama , I wouldn’t be surprised to see two second elevens in our final game. By the way , can I claim ownership of this. Think I read Man U have paid £57 million for a World Cup Fred !