World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 22 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

I've not seen many of these middle ranking sides that I would be confident of England beating. I'm pretty sure both Sweden and Mexico in this group would be far too good for England

Did you manage to work your way through that 72oz kebab mate? I put a tenner on your Just Giving page x

Hope youre well

Off to the O2 in Leeds to watch the match - anyone else thinking Eng scoring 3 and keeping clean sheet is the minimum we should expect?

More often than I've seen Forest in one. Sadly.

Well yeah but England are the classic example of a team that’s less than the sum of its parts, they consistently bottle it, don’t meet even the most basic of expectations & make 3rd world nations with a smaller population than the UK has people in prison look like world beaters.

I’m hoping for a draw today as the good ship Albion falters once again under the spotlight & the weight of expectation against another lesser nation we should beat easily.

In my lifetime England have been good twice. Italia 90 they weren’t even that good apart from against Holland & Germany & had to have extra time against Cameroon & Belgium who realistically any half decent team would have brushed aside.

Euro 96 they were brilliant against the Dutch but made hard work of Scotland, the Swiss & Spain before again losing.

The Germans are falling apart & very nearly went out after 2 games but having scored a single goal I have far more faith in them winning the World Cup than England.