Wimbledon Gills | Page 6 | Vital Football

Wimbledon Gills

But there’s 23 or so third flight teams and they do Make a difference to higher level teams some go into the championship some the premiership just think of our own John Egan - perhaps Dacky as well - gills have had some good players in the past that have gone on and done well in higher divisions other young kids come and go or are on the way down to third/ fourth flight football

Or Ryan Bertrand. I'm not disputing that players from our level can go on to play at a much higher level, including internationally. But I don't see that the fact that some youngsters at some stage in their careers have played under a more old-fashioned manager has a knock-on effect on the success of the national team. Sure, some managers are better at handling and developing young players than others, and which manager a youngster ends up playing for could have an influence on how their later career develops. But to say that we're never going to win a World Cup while managers like that are in our game is a huge leap.

As I said in my first post on the subject, do you think that France, Spain, Germany, Brazil, etc. don't also have similar dinosaurs managing in their lower leagues?

Madrid I have no idea to be honest - I do know Germany revolutionised their coaching techniques at all levels and there was a huge push to bring German youngsters through the game at all levels and they reduced the number of foreign players -