Wimbledon Gills | Vital Football

Wimbledon Gills

Take our chances, we'd be two up and they'd be miserable. Thought their move looked like a goal all the way, unlike ours.

Same old same old there. Plenty of possession but not many clear-cut chances. We're unlucky to be one down, but that's always the risk if you can't score. There have been a couple of good signs though, especially when Hanlan's got in behind them. There's still hope yet, especially because in terms of where the game's being played, we're well on top.

Wimbledon are defending like a team that isn't used to holding a lead. Nobody's told them how blunt our attack is.

I'd like to say we were unlucky, but only in not getting help from the ref. Their goal showed what we really struggle to do. Let's bring up the free-scoring 16 year old wunderkind from the youth team and throw him in. We'll be pretty good then.

It's all very well blaming the ref - and he did have a stinker - but we're so toothless it was hard to see where a goal could come from. There are going to be plenty of games like this which we dominate but lose until we find a goalscorer, or at least some forwards who can play with their heads up.

It's all very well blaming the ref - and he did have a stinker - but we're so toothless it was hard to see where a goal could come from. There are going to be plenty of games like this which we dominate but lose until we find a goalscorer, or at least some forwards who can play with their heads up.

Or maybe use the bench!

Utterly toothless. Every time Hanlan was put through I correctly assumed he wouldn't score (and usually wouldn't get a shot away).

Really frustrating as we were all over them up to their goal and the rest of the first half. 2nd half we still had most of the play but at no point did I imagine we'd score.

Yet another boring season of finishing below half way but safe beckons.

Wimbledon were really limited, to put it politely. They must rhink Xmas has arrived early.

Ps, poor lack of tactics from Evans. Should have changed it up much earlier and a very strange choice of player to replace O'Keefe. No wonder Pringle "lost his sh#t" having been given just a potential 5 minutes.

Bad result this one, definitely points lost. If Evans doesn't get one or two decent goalscorers in January, I'll not be a happy bunny.

Just on the way back now. It was a really frustrating match, we started with a high tempo for the first 15 minutes but didn't have a real clear cut chance. Wimbledon go down the other end of the pitch and score with their first shot, that smug prick Wagstaff to put the icing on the cake unfortunately.

Once Wimbledon scored you could see it being a 1-0 to Wombles FT scoreline because we're so toothless upfront. Hanlan for all his good work midweek in the FA Cup just hasn't got the confidence to perform consistently and score goals, he had about three good chances that he hit over the bar, not even on target.

On today's performance I was not at all impressed with Evans tactics. I was baffled when O'Keefe came off he brought on O'Connor who is naturally a defender when we're chasing an equaliser and Wimbledon were there for the taking. In the second half it become more and more clear the current set of players on the pitch weren't gonna do anything.

Evans and Raynor stood there like tweddle dumb and tweddle dee looking clueless while we had corner after corner which hit the first man. On the rare occasions we did win headers in their box the heading ability from our lads was shocking flying over the bar each time.

Evans should have brought on someone more create than O'Connor as the first sub and the second and third subs should have come with about 25 maybe even 30 minutes to go not leaving them until the last few minutes, it was a joke and everyone around me could see it apart from Evans.

Ben Pringle got sent off late on and while not defending a red card I'm sure he was just very frustrated not to be brought on much earlier.

Overall after feeling promising signs at home to Lincoln my optimism got crashing back down to earth today vs Wimbledon.
That's how it looked on I Player