Wimbledon Gills | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wimbledon Gills

How can you be positive about mediocrity? It doesn't matter how you dress it up we are not that good. We've been bad in the past but the standard now in my view is poor but, if people are happy, then so be it. I don't think enough players are pulling their weight.
Do you go, if why bother too watch games

Listened to a podcast with Alan Curbishley earlier today.

He said that he remained calm on the touchline because you can't rant and rave at players and then expect them to calmly execute the game plan that you've spent all week preparing.

How can you be positive about mediocrity? It doesn't matter how you dress it up we are not that good. We've been bad in the past but the standard now in my view is poor but, if people are happy, then so be it. I don't think enough players are pulling their weight.
Totally agree Wayne - we are mediocre - Evans is all bullshit and when it goes tits up he will blame lack of budget despite the poor choice of players he’s made and the money he has pissed up the wall- there’s one budget that hasn’t suffered though and I bet it’s the best in any league ... that’s his food budget !!

It means that they had to work their socks off to beat a ‘b’ team

Absolutely irrelevant:) The work rate has nothing to do with the standard of opposition, its attitude and fitness. We also have better shape, positional play and close down as a team.

Now lacking in creating and converting chances is what most are talking about.

Whatever the team in front of you is you have to do the same things. Exactly which top team have we really struggled against apart from oxford?

markinkent was complimenting the effort put in by the players not their skill levels. Why could you not resist the temptation to criticise the players?
It’s poor team as far as I’m concerned I dislike what Evans is and what he stands for. He raved about how well we were going to do at the beginning of the season and he was going to bring quality players in- to replace what was there previously. I don’t see it. Show me one of his players that have lit up our terraces - there’s a lot of what he bought in will be going in the jan window and he will start all over again - he does it everywhere he goes. He just wants more and more money - this guy would struggle with man citys’s budget. It’s not the players nibbles I’m criticising it’s Evans i just do not like this man

Absolutely irrelevant:) The work rate has nothing to do with the standard of opposition, its attitude and fitness. We also have better shape, positional play and close down as a team.

Whatever the team in front of you is you have to do the same things. Exactly which top team have we really struggled against apart from oxford?
Are we any better off than when SL was in charge ?

Yes we ere better, maybe with the exemption of Eavesss but he was never staying this season, why not look at the stats, I understand that Kettners has underline reasons why he doesn’t likes Evans, but they work harder for sure , like he says the midfield are better, Hanlan is very good prospect.

Actually over the past few seasons and of course a few seasons ago we we re A top team for 3/4 of the season we’ve rarely struggled against the top teams it’s the middle and bottom end teams that we have traditionally struggled against
Rotherham showed is how to Finnish. But Jerry most of the game is creating and finishing
If we are just running around and stifling play from the opposition - it’s never going to be enough

Yes we ere better, maybe with the exemption of Eavesss but he was never staying this season, why not look at the stats, I understand that Kettners has underline reasons why he doesn’t likes Evans, but they work harder for sure , like he says the midfield are better, Hanlan is very good prospect.
I don’t have underline reasons he’s just a dinosaur and an abusive bully and a reason why England will never win a World Cup with people like him in the game

Totally agree Wayne - we are mediocre - Evans is all bullshit and when it goes tits up he will blame lack of budget despite the poor choice of players he’s made and the money he has pissed up the wall- there’s one budget that hasn’t suffered though and I bet it’s the best in any league ... that’s his food budget !!

Of course we’re mediocre. We’re Gillingham, an average League One/Two club. If that doesn’t satisfy you, go and support whoever is top of the Premier League.

We all want better, but we’ve pretty much been the same for 15 years. Get used to it.