Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have?

Will we sign a "striker" this window, or finish the season with what we have?

• We will sign someone, but he will be past his prime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will sign someone, but he will not be primarily considered a "striker."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will make do with what we already have until Son and Kane return.

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Always got the impression that Pleat effectively scouted him but reading his latest interview about "persuading" Levy to sign him it sounds like Levy may have just called for confirmation. Pleat has definitely been credited with it a lot in the past though.

It's a common tactic to call several people for their opinions even if your mind is already made up. Levy may have been sure they were signing him but called Pleat and potentially a few others to reinforce the decision.

We spend ages validating a target, David on this occasion is bigging himself up; Levy has a personal friendship with him and he offers 'free' advice.

I know who scouted Alli and I know had the final decision on him, but credit where credit is due, if Pleat thinks he still holds this sort of sway over levy he must be the only influential person we don't pay anymore!!

I recall talking to Glen, and he too claimed to have offered advice on him too!!!

It isn't. Parrot was part of the Leciester squad - you bring them into the fold bit by bit, a) to show them that you're being considered a full squad member and b) to understand how the first team prepares/who you share a room with and simply to c) be a part of it prior to being awarded a place.

he is being prepared for time on the pitch - but the Son/Harry issue may well accelerate his chance.

Sorry, I don’t believe you go from being in 1/2 match day squad to being the answer to Son/Harry being out.

He's definitely not THE answer to Harry & Son being out. I don't think anyone would claim that of a 16 year old. But he may well make the bench now until they're back? :unsure:

Linked with a pay as you play deal with Giuseppe Rossi! He's a free agent and currently training with Utd.

We are desperate, I'd take him.

hmm, I know David and he had absolutely nothing to do with the Alli deal.

That deal was decided by the committee.
That is Not how Pleat tells it. You should ask him. He says that he personally leaned on Levy when other clubs were circling told the anecdote to us at an evening with event.

That is Not how Pleat tells it. You should ask him. He says that he personally leaned on Levy when other clubs were circling told the anecdote to us at an evening with event.

He is prone to exaggeration and always have been.

With direct quotes to the "exaggeration"
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753036/Dele-Alli-Tottenham-transfer-news

Like I said, to me it sounds like Levy might have called for confirmation from this quote, whereas previously I'd heard Pleat talk about calling Levy to tell him about Dele.

Mitchell has also claimed credit, which makes a bit of sense as he was at MK before Southampton. I'd imagine others have also claimed it. Even if you were in the room when someone said Dele's name you'd probably claim you were the one who said it after his value has gone up 20 fold.

Arsenal have just lost their top scout.He signed Aubameyang,Mikiwhat not & the goalkeeper etc. Get in there Levy ,this guy is the tops with great connections in the German league.

I can't think Poch has such little faith in Llorente that he wouldnt start him now he's needed. If Llorente was truly out of favour, he wouldnt even be getting on the bench for games.

My guess is Poch fully intends to use Llorente in place of Kane but will push Lucas into the more advanced Dele position to offer pace in support. I think we may see Parrott get on the bench and hopefully will get some minutes on the pitch. Like I've previously said, Llorente doesnt have to be the one scoring the goals to be useful at this time. If he holds the ball up and brings the likes of Eriksen, Dele, Lucas and Lamela into the game in and around the box we will get goals.

Llorente is fine as a back up and to come on when we are chasing a goal for a different style of play.

The thought of him starting in big games for us, League Cup Semi/Final and CL games is not a good thought

Arsenal have just lost their top scout.He signed Aubameyang,Mikiwhat not & the goalkeeper etc. Get in there Levy ,this guy is the tops with great connections in the German league.

Aubameyang was on every club in Europe's radar for several years. Here he is in 2013 saying Levy's a twat:
https://metro.co.uk/2013/10/22/pier...-join-spurs-after-weird-negotiations-4156856/

Mkhitaryan was signed from Man Utd, so not exactly an under the radar gem, and is regarded by most Arsenal fans as too inconsistent.

I'm sure he's done more than that, and might be a very good scout, but those aren't shining examples of him unearthing gems.

Llorente is fine as a back up and to come on when we are chasing a goal for a different style of play.

The thought of him starting in big games for us, League Cup Semi/Final and CL games is not a good thought

I have a strange feeling Dele's going to start banging goals in if we start Llorente. They'll form a Crouch x VDV like partnership where it's Llorente's job to be a handful and draw defenders before playing a knock-down to Dele to bury it.

I have a strange feeling Dele's going to start banging goals in if we start Llorente. They'll form a Crouch x VDV like partnership where it's Llorente's job to be a handful and draw defenders before playing a knock-down to Dele to bury it.

I can visualise it and would love it to happen.