Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have?

Will we sign a "striker" this window, or finish the season with what we have?

• We will sign someone, but he will be past his prime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will sign someone, but he will not be primarily considered a "striker."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will make do with what we already have until Son and Kane return.

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
It doesn't seem confusing that a player will frequently tick the boxes but turn into a bust. Our percentage of success over the last 30 years has to be low, regardless of how a manager may wax lyrical about the approach used to prevent that. It is for most teams. You look for the right info and signs and do your due diligence, and sometimes the player doesn't live up to hopes.

On the other hand, the second point about Llorente is also a sort spot with me! He has to be useful to us. He's shown it at times just as you say, regardless of his scoring.

Vardy, not happy with Leicesters style of football. Knows Kane well and a few of our players. Good finisher , quick, probably accepts he is not first choice at his stage in his career.

They won’t sell when about to sack the manager.

Deeney?

Poch has just said it won’t change the clubs policy in buying anyone in the winter window. It’s a chance for academy players to come through , he has just said ,. Wow . Who has he got in mind . At this rate we won’t ever sign anybody ever again . Our academy must be something else , methinks

Poch has just said it won’t change the clubs policy in buying anyone in the winter window. It’s a chance for academy players to come through , he has just said ,. Wow . Who has he got in mind . At this rate we won’t ever sign anybody ever again . Our academy must be something else , methinks

Honestly... I cant believe for a moment he is happy with this

Batshuayi & Dzeko are strikers I rather like.If they get us out of a pickle ! I'm not sure if Poch is in denial, or maybe he doesn't care as he's off to Utd at the end of the season.

£35-40 mill could possibly get us CFC Genoa’s Krystoff Piatek (spam’s £30m bid was rejected) But with a projected transfer fee net spend of zero...

A more realistic scenario would be a loan deal for Oumar Niasse - who is Cardiff-bound. Missed opportunity?

What of Wayne Rooney? This is a move you’d make on football manager, is it not?

Do you know what, Rooney on loan wouldn't be a bad thing. He would bang them in with our style of play.

Had to laugh . Was watching the Saints - Derby game last night and was thinking about Shane Long . They were talking about his work rate ,always running the channels , tireless ,unselfish etc etc, and I'm thinking mmmm. Short term , maybe ?
Then he goes and injures himself , and the commentator said about how strange it was that his last four goals have all been scored under different saints managers " .
Then I thought .........he sounds right up our street :lol:

If the striker answer is really in the youth team, why have we not seen any of them in the bench/get minutes in league cup/FA cup?

It’s rubbish.

It isn't. Parrot was part of the Leciester squad - you bring them into the fold bit by bit, a) to show them that you're being considered a full squad member and b) to understand how the first team prepares/who you share a room with and simply to c) be a part of it prior to being awarded a place.

he is being prepared for time on the pitch - but the Son/Harry issue may well accelerate his chance.

David Pleat (100% a spurs man) said we have no one at all ready from the youth teams. That's the bloke that forced Levy to do the Dele transfer when he was baulking at the fee. He would know.

hmm, I know David and he had absolutely nothing to do with the Alli deal.

That deal was decided by the committee.

Always got the impression that Pleat effectively scouted him but reading his latest interview about "persuading" Levy to sign him it sounds like Levy may have just called for confirmation. Pleat has definitely been credited with it a lot in the past though.

It's a common tactic to call several people for their opinions even if your mind is already made up. Levy may have been sure they were signing him but called Pleat and potentially a few others to reinforce the decision.