Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have? | Vital Football

Will we sign a striker or finish the season with who we have?

Will we sign a "striker" this window, or finish the season with what we have?

• We will sign someone, but he will be past his prime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will sign someone, but he will not be primarily considered a "striker."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will make do with what we already have until Son and Kane return.

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters

BlueWhite

Vital Squad Member
A poll. Hope it works. The club have Tweeted that Kane is out until March at the earliest. My vote (prediction versus preference) will be that we will not sign a new striker this window.

What’s Andy Booth up to these days

We are fuuuuuucked

Minute managed lamela
Alli
Christian
Injured moura
Son international duty
Llorente

Am I missing someone

Can't see anything myself. Would be fantastic to hijack the Higuian loan deal but we won't pay his wage.
I think the fact that the papers are saying Llorente has a stay of execution means he is likely to lead the line. If this is the case put a pacy striker up front with him. Promote Sterling or Parrott to play alongside him.

Cannot see any other deals available to be honest unless we take a chance on someone from the Championship.

Well hopefully this hits home to all of the powers that be. We could be out of the Caraboa, FA Cups and Champions League by the time he returns.
I know this could have been the case had he an Sonny been available but at least we would have stood a chance. Just got to hope to God we can pick up points in the league.

More questions than answers on this one.....

1) Llorente - has Poch made some breakthroughs with him and now sees him as a genuine starting option in Kane's absence? Perhaps the carrot of a years contract extension if he does well?
2) Son - South Korea have already played and won their first 2 games without Son. Next game tomorrow and then last 16 is 20-22 Jan. We could get him back anytime after that, right up to 3rd Feb. It's not long when you think about it.
3) Janssen - we assume he's out but he's played 45 mins followed by an hour in the U23's where he scored all in the last week. If Dembele leaves, then there's an overseas squad space available to register him.
4) The kids - you can get away with playing youngsters in more advanced positions in the setup without disrupting the tactics too much. It's slightly different than when we've had to put KWP, Foyth or Skipp in the setup. Would someone like Troy Parrott have anything to lose in a 10-15 min cameo making up the numbers? He scores and he's off and running and may never look back. Harrison? Sterling?

Like most, I don't see us signing anyone. Final thought though. It's been a couple of months since Dele Alli found the net in a league game. Cometh the hour.....

Sign someone!? No chance! Now selling clubs know we are desperate so the prices will rise. Levy won't deal with that disadvantage. Levy also doesn't do loan deals so the Malcolm loan deal being report is silly.

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from to keep up out top 4 push. Or the League cup run, of which Kane would miss the final.

We have zero luck.

Is Sterling progressing? Seems like a good player. At least he can probably strike the ball with some venom, unlike Llorente who embarrassingly fluffed it on Sunday. Whomever is picked I wish them luck.

A poll question I’d ask is whether Janssen should get a chance at redeeming himself.

Is Sterling progressing? Seems like a good player. At least he can probably strike the ball with some venom, unlike Llorente who embarrassingly fluffed it on Sunday. Whomever is picked I wish them luck.

A poll question I’d ask is whether Janssen should get a chance at redeeming himself.
Poch has already said ,after knowing Kane was Crocked ,that Jansen is not in his plans . Weird

LOL 15 out o 15 so far 100% all saying we are not signing anyone. LOL (including me)

Yeah this looks to be the start of our annual pilgrammage back out of contention to win the league and start our vicious battle to try and remain relevant in the top 4.

Wonder how long it will take the button pushers in our club to realize that we probably could have won the damn league multiple times now IF we only had better quality depth/options, for Kane's position in particular.

Sign someone!? No chance! Now selling clubs know we are desperate so the prices will rise. Levy won't deal with that disadvantage. Levy also doesn't do loan deals so the Malcolm loan deal being report is silly.

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from to keep up out top 4 push. Or the League cup run, of which Kane would miss the final.

We have zero luck.

It's got nothing to do with luck, just the Poch insistance of running a small squad into the ground till some players break.
It happens every single season.

Well if I was Jansen I would be flipping livid!

Don't have the inside track to what's gone on, but it does feel like Poch is cutting his nose off to spite his face with Janssen.

Gonna get interesting if Levy pockets money for Dembele, Janssen, N'Koudou etc this window and still doesn't bring in a player that will add value to Poch's squad.