Whitehouse to Grimsby? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Whitehouse to Grimsby?

Goes with well wishes. 100% effort and gets in and around the right areas. Technically not great and agree with Luke he’s better in a 100mph game where there’s no time to think.

Agree with most comments if we want top three we need better, nevertheless he would have been a useful squad player.

So that's going to be needed at least
1 goalkeeper
2 centre halfs
1 full back
2 central midfielders
2 strikers
1 winger?

Actually starting to get depressing when u see how short we now are.
We were lacking players anyway. It's simply getting even more worser by the day.

How can we keep getting outbid by other clubs? Especially by our hated rivals.

We were lacking players anyway. It's simply getting even more worser by the day.

Outbid? If he wasn't offered a huge wage in the first place it could easily be done, esp over two years. I am certain if DC saw EW as an integral and ultra important player next season he would have still been here at SB.

Every player has his value, and Danny refuses to pay over the odds for anyone. Jolley obviously thinks Whitehouse is a better player than Danny does, which is a strange one.

You need to get a grip! I have every faith in DC/NC and so should you. They have transformed this club in the last two years and I am pretty certain that they have everything in hand.

There are only five players left now from the championship-winning squad (Rhead, Waterfall, Habergham, Anderson, Long), and I will be very surprised if Long is still here in a week or two.

Shows how quickly you need to change things to progress up the leagues.

If we were coming in to August and we still haven’t add to the squad, then I could understand your pessimism. However, we’re mid June! Contracts don’t typically finish until the end of June and I don’t personally see Whitehouse being the difference between top 7 and missing out on the play offs.

Plenty of time yet mate!

I think this is another example of the management not letting the grass grow under our feet. With the exception of Woodyard he has constantly tried to trim the bottom half of the squad and replaced it with players at the top. I'm not saying it has always worked but the intention is quite clear IMO.

Good squad player- scored our Wembley goal which our part of our history.

Will run 110% for them but, looking at how Cods have played under Jolley so far, his current lack of quality on the ball will either improve or see him move to a squad position there.

He is only 24 so has learning time ahead of him.

He would have remained a good squad player for us but time will tell at Blunders park.

One thing (more than anything so far) has made me think "good riddance"- his Twitter feed has a photo and tweet about moving to Blunders but he has not said a word about LCFC- either he will later or maybe he is a little annoyed about the offer LCFC made him which clearly wasn't sufficient hence his Cod move.

He wasn't integral so we move on.

Good luck to him! I'm sure he's weighed his options carefully and gone with the better offer from the Cods. Hopefully we will replace him with a bit more quality.
Hope it works out for him and he can buy a few pair of new gloves.

we need better so move on cant blame the lad , a 1 year squad wage or a 2 year first team wage i know which one i would take ,and he has never really been a focal point of the team , good luck to him

All the best to the lad thought he had a useful part to the squad but totally understand he needs to pay the bills
Just worried how he’ll get on playing with the North Sea blowing through him if he thought Lincoln was cold
Uti

I am sure he thought he had earned a better deal than the one-year 'squad' contract we offered, so he may be feeling a bit miffed. He'll be even more miffed when he finds himself back in the National League in twelve months time.

I think this is another example of the management not letting the grass grow under our feet. With the exception of Woodyard he has constantly tried to trim the bottom half of the squad and replaced it with players at the top. I'm not saying it has always worked but the intention is quite clear IMO.

Exactly. Look at the players who have gone: Farman, Whitehouse, Stewart, Knott, Arnold and Woodyard. With the exception of Woodyard, the others are certainly towards the bottom of the squad and have to be moved on in order to build the top end. Makes perfect sense. We will have very few makeweights/passengers in the squad next year, if any.

If we were coming in to August and we still haven’t add to the squad, then I could understand your pessimism. However, we’re mid June! Contracts don’t typically finish until the end of June and I don’t personally see Whitehouse being the difference between top 7 and missing out on the play offs.

Plenty of time yet mate!

It does get me down though.
Still baffled how anyone can CHOOSE to go to the codheads. You have to wear a shirt that says grimsby on it. You have to play half your games in the worst stadium in the football league (plus many more below). You have to have to play in front of a gathering of non-prescription-medicines ingesters. And do so for next 2 years. Awful

It does get me down though.
Still baffled how anyone can CHOOSE to go to the codheads. You have to wear a shirt that says grimsby on it. You have to play half your games in the worst stadium in the football league (plus many more below). You have to have to play in front of a gathering of non-prescription-medicines ingesters. And do so for next 2 years. Awful
But he does twice his wagers (alledgedly)and a starting spot each game!
Disappoints me abit however i trust Danny and Nicky 100% just wish we had 1 or 2 more announced signings !

But he does twice his wagers (alledgedly)and a starting spot each game!
Disappoints me abit however i trust Danny and Nicky 100% just wish we had 1 or 2 more announced signings !
Oops" get twice his offered wages"