Whitehouse to Grimsby? | Vital Football

Whitehouse to Grimsby?

Wonder what sort of reception hell get when we meet. A good squad player for us, will probably shine at blunders given the dross he'll be playing alongside. Can't imagine he's feeling great, he knows what he's going into.

One of my favourites is (was) Whitehouse. So sad to see him join that lot if true. Cannot blame the lad though for wanting first team footy though. And so the National League winning squad will be further reduced...

Good luck to him if he goes, but he isn't good enough for what we have ahead. Danny has decided he is surplus to requirements, and on we go.

He will go straight into that awful Grimsby side and look pretty good comparatively, but whether the manager who replaces Jolley in October will pick him is another question.

He's a good lad, squad player and a real trier. I think he's a good signing for Grimsby. Met him at Kings Cross Station after the Checkatrade final wearing his cup final suit hand in hand with his girlfriend , he stopped for selfies and was polite and smiling . Good luck to him.

I'd have kept him as a squad player on a one-year deal, but he was/is never going to get in ahead of Bostwick, Frecklington and, last season, Woodyard. If O'Connor signs, he'll not get in ahead of him either. We also have Pett. Useful sub player, though, and kept energy levels high in later stages of games.

At the end of the season, DC said something along the lines of, "work rate gets you so far, but we needed more quality when it matters". That probably sums up Whitehouse as well. We brought him on for his work rate rather than his quality.

Sounds like Jolley prefers his teams to play a bit, and that's probably the opposite of how you'd describe what suits Whitehouse. He's someone who thrives off games where there's little time and he can get stuck in and rat around, not the technical side of the game and pass a ball.

He'll probably get 5 goals from midfield for them, though. Always in and around the right areas in the area from set piece rebounds.

Can't blame him for taking the two-year and presumably first choice CM option. He dropped out of FT football, got back in to FT with us, and is probably keen to kick on a bit and that wasn't going to happen here for the reasons above. He'll also back himself to stand out there next season, unlike here where he didn't/won't.

Despite his clear limitations a Lincoln City Legend imo!

Why? Because he has scored Lincoln City's first and so far only goal at Wembley and he should get a cracking reception when he comes back to The Bank.

Good luck Elliott your effort and dedication cannot be faulted!

Given a year contract with whatever deal from DC says it all. However he will always be remembered for his effort and his commitment even if he wasn't the finished article in terms of skill.

I think I probably have a different view to most people on here.
I actually think that Whitehouse could be a first team regular in the midfield this season.
He has developed a lot from the lightweight player that arrived at Sincil Bank from Nuneaton. I wasn’t overly impressed initially but when he was used towards the end of last season, I thought that he performed at a level deserving of more starts.
I think he is a very under-rated player and still has room to develop further. A shame to see him go.
I trust that DC has his plans for the team next season and perhaps that has played a part in his decision to leave.

Good luck to Elliott, he has a great work ethic. There is a decent player there if he can hone his skill set, particularly his first and second touches. A good signing for Grimsby.

Also, he performed better in a midfield 3, than 2. That's probably why he played a little more in the final weeks of the season (that and Bostwick having to move to CB at times).

Despite his clear limitations a Lincoln City Legend imo!

Why? Because he has scored Lincoln City's first and so far only goal at Wembley and he should get a cracking reception when he comes back to The Bank.

Good luck Elliott your effort and dedication cannot be faulted!
That was probably his best game for us by far.

agree with those that saw his obvious technical limitations. also, a long distance runner, rather than any change of pace - highlighted by boating's goal at exeter. i imagine we will bring in better, but what we need to not lose [as with the others leaving] is the never-say-die attitude, the effort, and the contribution to team spirit.

farman and whitehouse should be grateful to cowley's development skills and lcfc for taking them from relative obscurity to 2 year league contracts. similar with ginnelly, power, hawkridge and to an extent woodyard and raggett.