Whitehouse to Grimsby? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Whitehouse to Grimsby?

Doubled his wage and, presumably, contract length according to Whiley on the Echo site.

I doubt he'll have been too high a earner here, bearing in mind he signed his deal in October 2016.

I think I probably have a different view to most people on here.
I actually think that Whitehouse could be a first team regular in the midfield this season.
He has developed a lot from the lightweight player that arrived at Sincil Bank from Nuneaton. I wasn’t overly impressed initially but when he was used towards the end of last season, I thought that he performed at a level deserving of more starts.
I think he is a very under-rated player and still has room to develop further. A shame to see him go.
I trust that DC has his plans for the team next season and perhaps that has played a part in his decision to leave.

I think he's a good player but not suited.to the formation we've been playing. I don't think he's good enough to be a dedicated CM, or a dedicated CF.....he's a player that plays in the position between the two, and we don't really use that.

Played in his best position i think he's good for 10 goals a season, at least.

Players who made a bit of City history and then moved on.

Terry Hawkridge with a brace that got us back in the Football League on the final game of the season.

Elliott Whitehouse and his splendid goal that won us the Checkatrade with City’s first Wembley appearance.

Wish Elliott all the very best.

Irrespective of who he has signed for I wish Elliot all the best. Any player who gets the winning goal in a cup final for your team will always be held in massive regard.

Maybe technically limited but always gave 100% and a midfield nuisance in the box

It’s sad to see him go, but we were going to struggle to offer him regular first team football. I really wanted us to keep him as a squad player because he’s great at getting into games quickly. He really gets stuck in, has a good engine and is perfect finisher for grinding out a close game. Unfortunately he lacks that required quality in his first touch, decision making and passing. I wish him all the luck in the world. No hard feelings going to the cods. Not quite a Lincoln legend, but, he’ll be remembered dearly for that Wembley goal and performance.

Does also mean that is another body to replace. The busy summer is getting busier for the Cowleys!

So that's going to be needed at least
1 goalkeeper
2 centre halfs
1 full back
2 central midfielders
2 strikers
1 winger?

He has developed a lot from the lightweight player that arrived at Sincil Bank from Nuneaton.

That's very interesting, I actually think that was his main problem - that he had not developed since the day he signed for us. I agree there looks to be a player in there, and he may do well in future years, but he delivered very little besides the obvious match.

I do wish him all the best, he never let us down, unlike many from the Conference era.

Fair summary that Impish, plenty to bring in but DC knows that.
We were short last season and we need players who can us in the top 3 and a lot of them couldn't.
Then we need players ready for the next level if we hopefully do go up again a lot them weren't.
Busy times ahead!

Fair summary that Impish, plenty to bring in but DC knows that.
We were short last season and we need players who can us in the top 3 and a lot of them couldn't.
Then we need players ready for the next level if we hopefully do go up again a lot them weren't.
Busy times ahead!

We won't really know if we have improved like for like until we see the rest and the quality of the signings. For all we know DC could well already have signed a few to make a dent in my list and announce them July 1st.

Doubled his wage and, presumably, contract length according to Whiley on the Echo site.

I doubt he'll have been too high a earner here, bearing in mind he signed his deal in October 2016.

If that is true then fair play to him. I would never have even considered doubling his wages to keep him (though I can’t imagine he would have been in an awful lot).

Yeah, doubling a wage that might not have been that high might not mean an awful lot. Even if they offered him the same as he was on here but with an extra year and more chance of guaranteed starts, it's a no brainer for him and his family.

Mixed feelings. I'm not surprised he's gone but he's a good squad player, it's a shame as how are we going to have the bigger squad we need this season if we're going to keep losing squad players?

I don't know how well he fits, not quite a creative no. 10, not great in a holding position. But bringing on to get a goal etc., not bad.

Pathetic effort to keep up with Boateng for his goal in the play-off game and general sluggishness on the ball. Works relatively hard and scores the odd goal. So did Josh O’Keefe. No loss whatsoever and if I was a Grimsby fan I’d be worried that he’s the level of player they’re going for.

Pathetic effort to keep up with Boateng for his goal in the play-off game and general sluggishness on the ball. Works relatively hard and scores the odd goal. So did Josh O’Keefe. No loss whatsoever and if I was a Grimsby fan I’d be worried that he’s the level of player they’re going for.

Bit harsh. I agree he didn’t deal well with Boateng leading upto that goal (he probably should have just taken him out), but to compare him to Josh O’Keefe and say he’s no loss what’s so ever is a bit dramatic. He’s a decent squad player, which may he what Grimsby are using him for.

He is somewhere between a world beater and this.