What's the point? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What's the point?

Any news on a refund for rovrum away?

I assume that tickets bought will be still valid for the rearranged game. If that date can't fit in with personal plans just contact the ticket office and they will easily refund. Had to do it myself a couple of years back and the office staff were very helpful in these circumstances

Last edited:
I assume that tickets bought will be still valid for the rearranged game. If that date can't fit in with personal plans just contact the ticket office and they will easily refund. Had to do it myself a couple of years back and the office staff and very helpful in these circumstances
Could be one we need to win to stay up so might hang on… in hope 🤩

And back to the original point of the thread...

I suspect that Clive's message has been broadcast over many social networks of City supporters and is absolutely spot on. The majority on here will keep going irrespective of results and leagues we are in. We are all old and withered enough to recall far worse times as an Imp. Just think back 20 years and this club nearly folded.

And let's be honest, if the worst thing in your life this year is your team is losing a few games then you can consider yourself to be a very fortunate human being.

Great post from Clive - hits the spot - football can be a game of two halves and we have more than half a season's games left so nil desperandum - watched the Imps since I arrived to work here from Gods Country in 1986 and supported the team ever since as a season ticket holder for the past 15 years and had highs like the Millenium Stadium play offs under KA - lows like Solihull Moors away on a cold wet winter Tues evening - or the past 5 years with unparalled success culminating with Wembley last season all under the stewardship of Clive and Co - unfortunately too may people these days live in a world of instant gratification - reality isn't like that - uti

It was distressing to read the post from our Clive. His willingness to engage with the fans in an honest and enthusiastic way has been noted and appreciated by City fans. All the City fans I know think that we have one of the best Chairman in the game.

I am not a frequent poster but I have followed the Imps through thick and thin for 55 years now and I certainly do not consider the present period a low. We all knew this season was going to be difficult (for a whole host of reasons that have been discussed on this board) and that MAPP with the support of the Chairman and Board would need some time to consolidate and rebuild.

I feel the fans have been kept well informed about problems and the plans to address them and that the management and players have conducted themselves really well in dealing with the recent disappointments (particularly in the Cup competitions).

The progress over the last few seasons has been phenomenal and a lot of us old timers still find it difficult to believe what has been achieved and all of my mates at The Bank really do appreciate it. So it is extremely sad that the few supporters who have adopted the 'big club entitlement attitude' have done so with such negative effect

A few vocal and media active fans shouldn't detract from the majority, who are willing the team on and praying that our progress can be maintained in the long term. There was over 8000 fans at the MK game and I think that lots of teams finding themselves in a similar position to ourselves would struggle to maintain that level of support

Clive and MAPP now need these supporters to rally round the team on the pitch and push them up the table in the New Year - COYI

And back to the original point of the thread...

I suspect that Clive's message has been broadcast over many social networks of City supporters and is absolutely spot on. The majority on here will keep going irrespective of results and leagues we are in. We are all old and withered enough to recall far worse times as an Imp. Just think back 20 years and this club nearly folded.

And let's be honest, if the worst thing in your life this year is your team is losing a few games then you can consider yourself to be a very fortunate human being.

nope only vitals at mo, nothing on other media

Not on this occasion Notty .I felt it was time to keep my council for a while .I get quite emotional when it comes to the Imps. Thought it was time to show some restraint and respect to others rather than post something regrettable

Well, fair play.

Unfortunately for the club this has been coming for a few weeks. The chairman is spot on with his analysis of entitlement. Supporting a football club is not just about winning. Some clubs believe it or not spend decades struggling to keep going, and until this chairman arrived it could be argued we were one of those clubs.
What this club has achieved in 5 years is quite remarkable and it's been great to see the people of Lincoln ( and further afield) get behind the club.
However it is now pretty obvious that we as a small club have our fair share of plastics.
We all know who these people are.
They generally have another team ( usually premier league ) I myself follow West Ham but I'm Lincoln born and bred with 3 season tickets at sincil bank.
Even our chairman makes no secret of his passion for Everton and was ecstatic when we played them twice in the cups.
The problem comes when people who are not fully committed to the ups and downs of a football clubs fortunes.
These people disappear as quickly as they. come and that is what we are witnessing at Sincil Bank.

I sit in the Selenity stand and although we are considered to be the old farts of the ground I have loved the atmosphere the fans have created in the stadium over the last few years.

I may not be popular saying this but the 617 squadron have definitely gone missing in action recently. There's not as many of them and they have developed a habit over going downstairs 5 to 10 minutes before half time.

These are my personal observations of a fanbase that is starting to wilt.
Every club has fairweather fans and plastics.
It appears ours have shown their commitment to cause early.

To the chairman
You have done a fantastic job so far.
A long journey has many bumps in the road.
And I love a good road trip
Keep up the good work

The point is Clive, you and your fellow directors make a difference. I understand and I am extremely grateful for all of your investment both money and time into LCFC. Without that we wouldn't be where we are today. That significant investment coupled with a well managed club on a day to day basis, and I will go as far as to say that you and your directors have made a difference to peoples lives. I don't have that significant investment capability nor I suspect do many on here. However, for every fan that may say they have given up there are far more posts on here who have left their money in the club through match day tickets and not attended for whatever reason and not asked for a refund. That is quite heartening bearing in mind the ever increasing cost of living and I commend them for that.

Perhaps those who may have given up have pressures elsewhere, pressure from home command for example, pressures with bills or perhaps it is just bravado and wish to vent. I'm not trying to justify it but everyone has a story to tell. Mine is post #81 on How Can LCFC Be Greener. IFollow has been an absolute bonus for me and would never give up the opportunity to see the Imps either live or on Ifollow. You can't leave something that has been with me since 75/76. People tend to look at you a bit strange when you say your're a Lincoln fan but that fills me with pride to explain not just the football club but Lincoln as a whole.

Looking at the periods of success over the years from 75/76 when I started attendances have risen and fallen with that success. You will get the new fans who will stick, to that end I was a new fan at age 11 in 75/76 and have stuck. Conversly you will get those that will depart. I think every Chairman has gone through the same conundrum as yourself in some way or other.

Keep the faith Clive, yes a frustrating summer and season thus far and very frustrating for all since the 23 March 2020 and that potentially affects people behaviours in different ways in very difficult times. The point is, the love for you from LCFC fans everywhere will never change as there are far more genuine fans than those who will give up.

Unfortunately for the club this has been coming for a few weeks. The chairman is spot on with his analysis of entitlement. Supporting a football club is not just about winning. Some clubs believe it or not spend decades struggling to keep going, and until this chairman arrived it could be argued we were one of those clubs.
What this club has achieved in 5 years is quite remarkable and it's been great to see the people of Lincoln ( and further afield) get behind the club.
However it is now pretty obvious that we as a small club have our fair share of plastics.
We all know who these people are.
They generally have another team ( usually premier league ) I myself follow West Ham but I'm Lincoln born and bred with 3 season tickets at sincil bank.
Even our chairman makes no secret of his passion for Everton and was ecstatic when we played them twice in the cups.
The problem comes when people who are not fully committed to the ups and downs of a football clubs fortunes.
These people disappear as quickly as they. come and that is what we are witnessing at Sincil Bank.

I sit in the Selenity stand and although we are considered to be the old farts of the ground I have loved the atmosphere the fans have created in the stadium over the last few years.

I may not be popular saying this but the 617 squadron have definitely gone missing in action recently. There's not as many of them and they have developed a habit over going downstairs 5 to 10 minutes before half time.

These are my personal observations of a fanbase that is starting to wilt.
Every club has fairweather fans and plastics.
It appears ours have shown their commitment to cause early.

To the chairman
You have done a fantastic job so far.
A long journey has many bumps in the road.
And I love a good road trip
Keep up the good work

i suspect it’s more to do with the time of year and COVID. The attendance on Boxing Day all things considered was very good.

speaking for myself I have not been into a stadium since 2019. This is mostly to do with COVID whereas normally I would go to all the away matches a tank of diesel and half a days drive would get me too.

I don’t think there are many plastic Lincoln fans to be honest. Even if they started to watch from 2016 that was 5 years ago. That is a lot of time in politics and even longer in football. These guys are Imps through and through.

I don’t expect us to win I am disappointed when we don’t (I take myself away to the garden or garage when we lose). I think for me my expectations are far higher then they were as back then we were a 4th tier on and off the field (next year is the 30th year since my first match) Now we are a slick setup from top to bottom. This level of professionalism is so much more then it was it is a surprise that we have gone from the top to the bottom of the table.

If this was the 10-15 years ago I would say we should get our maps out for Mansfield and Chesterfield again but it’s not. I am confident that the stuff that goes on behind the scenes that none of us see is in overdrive and it will sign several players who will make a difference, results and confidence improves. The reason why we lost to MK is confidence had that been last year and those balls would have found red and white not black.

I think everyone would admit this season hasn’t lived up to the heights of last, and whilst we look very fragile we have been recognised from the outside as a progressive, well organised and sustainable club. Envious of many other clubs.

Covid has in my opinion contributed to the lack of motivation, everything appears more of a struggle and people myself included have felt tetchy at times. Social media, football forums are toxic places and the former a real disruption to society. Followed by inconsistent guidance, government lies etc the animosity can be felt daily.

However, 8000+ fans on Boxing Day isn’t a club giving up, it’s a club waiting for the magic to happen once again. Look at the Charlton game when that last minute winner went in the Bank erupted, similar when we turned the Fleetwood game around. Just lately the form has been stodgy, the weather and covid has been a real drain - but it will return for the better. The offer of a family attraction now is far too good; it’s part of what to do on a Saturday rather than an after thought.

Lincoln is on the map now, we are fortunate to live in such a modern / historic City even commented by Harvey in a podcast before Xmas. The positive of lockdown is that this has been recognised locally and a greater interest moving from the big cities to Lincolnshire.

Where I am going with this is that the football club becomes even more sustainable in the future with the greater pull of a bigger population, making the Championship a greater possibility.

“If the road ahead feels daunting, pause to see how far you have come” Ladies and Gentleman we will be playing 4.4.2!!

I think everyone would admit this season hasn’t lived up to the heights of last, and whilst we look very fragile we have been recognised from the outside as a progressive, well organised and sustainable club. Envious of many other clubs.

Covid has in my opinion contributed to the lack of motivation, everything appears more of a struggle and people myself included have felt tetchy at times. Social media, football forums are toxic places and the former a real disruption to society. Followed by inconsistent guidance, government lies etc the animosity can be felt daily.

However, 8000+ fans on Boxing Day isn’t a club giving up, it’s a club waiting for the magic to happen once again. Look at the Charlton game when that last minute winner went in the Bank erupted, similar when we turned the Fleetwood game around. Just lately the form has been stodgy, the weather and covid has been a real drain - but it will return for the better. The offer of a family attraction now is far too good; it’s part of what to do on a Saturday rather than an after thought.

Lincoln is on the map now, we are fortunate to live in such a modern / historic City even commented by Harvey in a podcast before Xmas. The positive of lockdown is that this has been recognised locally and a greater interest moving from the big cities to Lincolnshire.

Where I am going with this is that the football club becomes even more sustainable in the future with the greater pull of a bigger population, making the Championship a greater possibility.

“If the road ahead feels daunting, pause to see how far you have come” Ladies and Gentleman we will be playing 4.4.2!!

Thats if you can get Freck and Paulea out of retirement....

It’s a great post from Clive but sad too as he must be feeling at a pretty low ebb to feel he has to make such a statement to the fans. He was in the away end at both Crewe and Cheltenham and I really hope no one made any derogitary comments within earshot that has inflamed the situation.
Keep the faith Clive, the silent majority are 100% behind You as Chairman, The board and the Business Model.

The stacey west stand only had 300 away fans in on boxing day
The co op stand had at least 1000 empty seats
The Selenity had at least 3 or 400 empty seats.
How could it possibly be a crowd of 8300..

At best in my opinion a crowd of 7000 ish.

Which is still decent considering the covid situation.
Anyone sat in the Selenity on boxing day would have a similar view to me, I suspect