What's the point? | Page 13 | Vital Football

What's the point?

I don't know how many fans have been like me but I have attended only once in the last two seasons since covid started. I have made this decision simply to protect my wife who has several health issues. I do not feel I have the right to risk getting infected to pass it on to her. Some may feel I am being over cautious but that is up to individuals to decide.
However I have continued to buy and renew my season ticket and will do so again next season. I also have been purchasing from the club store online.If things improve dramatically I hope to be back in my seat this season, fingers crossed..
It would be interesting to know how many of the empty seats are similar to my situation.
I still follow every game in any way I can and am 100% behind the club.

I am the same. The above posts seem to be correlating "gaps in the stands" with lost ticket sales but I have only been to 3 games this season and to be quite honest I am not comfortable attending at this point in time (COVID) which means 3 spaces (paid for) that are not being warmed for 90 minutes. It isn't due to the on field performance. I don't feel comfortable to do many other things and keep outside exposure to other people to a minimum.

Anyway, from the sound of what was originally said it is not the gaps we see this season that is the worry. These people are saying they won't renew next season which implies they are included in that "8500" this season, so the statement reads to me more about next season. I personally will renew again and hopefully by then will feel comfortable to attend. If not then it will be paid anyway.

In reality I am adding extra in beccause I am paying £10 to watch some games that I already have paid for.

As an example of Clive’s original message this is one of the replies to City wishing Terry Fleming happy birthday on Twitter.

To quote Clive, “What’s the point?”

Pointless negativity that adds nothing. Does he think the Social Media admin is going to be like “Oh you’re right Andy here is Mbappe, sorry forgot to say”?
Certainly a surprising response to wishing someone happy birthday, not to mention the three points of illiteracy. How about sending best wishes to a Lincoln City promotion-winner instead?

Odd… but I guess merely frustration at a time when there are a lot of stressors in life. This is the ‘entitlement’ to which Clive refers - the high expectation that has been set (by our success on, and off, the pitch over several seasons) and an associated feeling of being let down this time around. Raw emotive comment. Best to let it go. The more attention replies like that receive, the more angst and negativity it fosters.
BTW, all the best Terry!

Certainly a surprising response to wishing someone happy birthday, not to mention the three points of illiteracy. How about sending best wishes to a Lincoln City promotion-winner instead?
Always liked Terry, combative ! and a brilliant goal against Man City at the SW end. Happy Birthday .