What’s going on? | Page 65 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

Don't know how true it is but am at Chepstow races and been told by a few that Huw Jenkins is very close to sealing a deal to buy us!

At the start of this I thought Jenkins would be potentially interested after previously looking at Charlton - he's got plenty of money after the sale of Swansea and wants back into football so it would make sense.

But after so many rumours didn't pan out i won't believe anything until it happens but I'd be very pleased if that was true as he took Swansea from a terrible position and made them very successful without ever spending excessively.

Don't know how true it is but am at Chepstow races and been told by a few that Huw Jenkins is very close to sealing a deal to buy us!

I put this on Twitter earlier today Sorry for the other day I was upset no excuse I know

@DonBoardman1

Replying to
@JayWhittle6
The potential buyer he showed round was very experienced and well-educated in the club.

Couldent be a former Owner of a white bird named club could it
10:45 AM · Aug 15, 2020·

How the club would be run

Huw Jenkins 2013
"If you bring in £80 you dont spend £100"

‘Micawberesque’ simple truth....but despite this careful or miserly or even sensible attitude .....as others have posted he oversaw a magnificent transformation of Swansea City over an extended period of time .....as Exiled might say he’s a course & distance winner at this game ....fingers crossed !

Given a choice Huw Jenkins or liquidation would not be a tough decision in fact as long as we have an owner I'm not arsed who it is at the present coz life without Latics is unthinkable

What I really don't understand is if the debt is indeed in the region of £45m why are four groups still in talks? Surely they would have turned and ran immediately they saw this, makes me think things aren't as clear cut as this seems to suggest! Hope so anyway!!
25% payment is about £6m.
You buy the club and all assets for £6m, possibly a bargain.

‘Micawberesque’ simple truth....but despite this careful or miserly or even sensible attitude .....as others have posted he oversaw a magnificent transformation of Swansea City over an extended period of time .....as Exiled might say he’s a course & distance winner at this game ....fingers crossed !

Yes but Micawber ended up in Oz and is the great grand father of craig so don't hang yer hat on that peg.

Micawberesque we lived those days in the recent past, now its time for living within our means

🚨PAUL STANLEY ON AUG 31 DEADLINE: “A couple of buyers dropped out then reappeared with new financiers. We decided to make it more of a contact race because nobody seemed to want to commit to £100k for exclusivity. “We are still very hopeful in finding a buyer.” #wafc ✊🏻🇸🇱

Due to the estimated cost of the assets appearing to be close to the same as 25p in the pound of the NFL owed money i dont think the news of the loan is as bad as it may have initially felt. We were already talking about the cost of the club being 10m a few weeks ago and as low as 6m last weekend after Nixon's article so I don't think the goal posts have actually moved that much.

It would obviously be better if we weren't liable for any of it but it doesn't appear to drastically change the price we were already hearing quoted.

Last edited:
Remove the 36m figure from the NLF and Wigan holdings and it leave us 9.7m.

That was July 1st. Since then around 4m has been brought in, 2m due from Robinson and 3.8m from incoming transfer fees.

That pays off all creditors in full aside from the owners.

That just needs the resolution of this 25.2m loan. If it has been paid back and we dont need to pay anything we could be debt free very soon and a small fee for a new owner to buy the club. If something has to be paid back then it is around 6m that a new owner would need to cover.