What’s going on? | Page 66 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

Just read that article. A question - when jimmy says rbtl on a rumoured purchaser effectively necessitating the ‘plan b’ who is he referring to?

I don't know who he's referring to, but "RBTL" means read between the lines.

Could be Roberto......don't know. Why would any prospective buyer want the supporters club involved? Not really sure, but it feels like a good thing (community wise if not financially) if they did.

Fingers are still crossed for Jenkins.

Could be Roberto......don't know. Why would any prospective buyer want the supporters club involved? Not really sure, but it feels like a good thing (community wise if not financially) if they did.

I obviously get the rbtl bit, just can’t work out who he’s potentially referring to. I actually took the comment as a negative in that it was another chancer, such as Bassini, that would necessitate supporter involvement.

Nixon said he hadn't heard Jenkins. Hope he's wrong but he normally isn't.

The RBTL was clarification for Zakky.

Lenegan, Koukash, Jenkins, Americans, ?????

Could be Lenegan if he does indeed only want the stadium.

My guess would be plan B would be the fans buying just the club with all other assets sold off separately and then renting training and playing facilities rather than owning them as we currently do.

Without any assets the club is worth very little in itself so we could get to a situation like Pompey were the fans were able to raise funds to take ownership.

As much as plan B is a good idea, again logically how can it be funded, no chance in hell, like above states it makes sense for the supporters club to have a decent share with the bidder, koukash, Jenkins, Americans or whoever it is.

Im sure I read late last night Bernard Platt (photo man) said Jenkins was the one who pulled out when we were relegated.

When asked who the mystery man was looking around Nixon said

Someone in football. At another club. Representing a buyer. See if it goes anywhere. This week.

As much as plan B is a good idea, again logically how can it be funded, no chance in hell, like above states it makes sense for the supporters club to have a decent share with the bidder, koukash, Jenkins, Americans or whoever it is.

The way it would have to be funded is living within our very small income and player sales. It would be a significant down sizing at least initially. Rotherham and Peterborough have managed to do that and we'd have to try and build up to that.

Youth system and recruitment from non league would become integral.

When asked who the mystery man was looking around Nixon said

Someone in football. At another club. Representing a buyer. See if it goes anywhere. This week.
Why would anyone employed by another club be representing another buyer? Unless he’s got that wrong and it was Roberto back in town in cahoots with Jenkins, but Jenkins strikes me as the type of guy who would want to be all over that himself. Roberto knows our set-up and has been to visit the players training at Euxton since he left so he wouldn’t need a tour. Unless.....David Sharpe (not that he needs a tour) is doing some groundwork for someone else to invest?

This is just another Koukash rumour that seems to have been swallowed up once again. I wonder if Exiled’s source is the same one that fed him that dud news as well?

This is just another Koukash rumour that seems to have been swallowed up once again. I wonder if Exiled’s source is the same one that fed him that dud news as well?
Fed her that dud news. Exciled is female. May well have been dud but those little rumours give me a lift amongst all the depressing doom

If I remember rightly Exiled said Koukash had bid but wasn't the preferred bidder. Seeing as the admins say they are still talking to 4 parties how do you know he isn't one of the 4?

There is no way of you knowing if the info was dud or genuine