What was the last film you watched | Page 498 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Pig. Someone on here reccomended it I think. Whoever it was needs a slap. That's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Slow, dark, boring pretentious crap.

Pig. Someone on here reccomended it I think. Whoever it was needs a slap. That's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Slow, dark, boring pretentious crap.

Yep, that was me :lol:

What were you expecting, Con Air 2?

"Put the piggy, back in the box"

Fair enough, not everyone's cup of tea, don't see how it's pretentious though.

Just watched Malignant, starring Annabelle Wallis, Maddie Hasson & George Young.

Madison, a young woman, is terrified by visions of the murders of strangers. Later, Madison decides to find and save the victims.

Decent horror, crime, thriller. 7.5/10

Last night I watched Many Saints of Newark.

I loved it! Caveat being I do not think this movie will really get over with people who have not watched The Sopranos. In fact I think it takes an encyclopaedic knowledge of the show to get the most out of it - something I have since I've watched it all end to end a good 10+ times.

Without giving too much away I thought Ray Liotta as Hollywood Dickie Moltisanti and his brother was amazing. Vera Farmiga (brilliant actress IMO) absolutely nailed Livia Soprano, brilliant performance and Alessandro Nivola did a very fine job portraying Dickie Moltisanti who never appeared in the actual series.

We also got an answer to "who killed Dickie Moltisanti" which completely made sense.

I also thought Willie Overall was played brilliantly by Leslie Odom and sets up what will probably be a sequel (since he wasn't killed and we know he was Tony Soprano's first 'hit' based on the show).

I loved it! Caveat being I do not think this movie will really get over with people who have not watched The Sopranos. In fact I think it takes an encyclopaedic knowledge of the show to get the most out of it - something I have since I've watched it all end to end a good 10+ times.

Without giving too much away I thought Ray Liotta as Hollywood Dickie Moltisanti and his brother was amazing. Vera Farmiga (brilliant actress IMO) absolutely nailed Livia Soprano, brilliant performance and Alessandro Nivola did a very fine job portraying Dickie Moltisanti who never appeared in the actual series.

We also got an answer to "who killed Dickie Moltisanti" which completely made sense.

I also thought Willie Overall was played brilliantly by Leslie Odom and sets up what will probably be a sequel (since he wasn't killed and we know he was Tony Soprano's first 'hit' based on the show).

Nice one. Good knowledge .
Looking forward to it although I’m not sure I’m going to get to the cinema to watch it . Watched the whole series twice so hopefully will pick up on things .

Looking forward to it, seen the series at least 3 times.

Just came across Mark Kermode's review, first thing he says is he's never seen the series. How the fuck has that happened? Yeah, I know he's a film critic but Jesus Christ, it's The Sopranos. Unbelievable.

Reminiscence starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson, Thandiwe Newton and Cliff Curtis.

Jackman plays Nick Bannister, a private investigator of the mind, navigates the darkly alluring world of the past by helping his clients access lost memories. Living on the fringes of the sunken Miami coast, his life is forever changed as he uncovers a violent conspiracy while trying to solve the mystery behind a client who disappeared.

Good sci-fi thriller, though it does take a bit of following. 7/10

We've got tickets along with other family members for the new James Bond thingie this Thursday evening - all tickets €5.99 too!

Reminiscence starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson, Thandiwe Newton and Cliff Curtis.

Jackman plays Nick Bannister, a private investigator of the mind, navigates the darkly alluring world of the past by helping his clients access lost memories. Living on the fringes of the sunken Miami coast, his life is forever changed as he uncovers a violent conspiracy while trying to solve the mystery behind a client who disappeared.

Good sci-fi thriller, though it does take a bit of following. 7/10

I find Rebecca Ferguson very easy on the eye.

Rose: A Love Story

A husband lives with his ill wife in solitude... but why?!

Not a bad horror film really, easy enough and didn't take much in the shape of concentration!

Gunpowder Milkshake. A ridiculous, Guns Akimbo, John Wicke stylee shoot em type movie. Good fun, doesn't take much watching or thinking, had it on mostly in the background really.

Portal. Started off really intriguingly then totally lost its way and ended as if they had run out of time and money, felt like 20 odd minutes of the film was mistakenly chopped off the end!

The Guilty... starring almost exclusively (95% of the film at least, him on his own) Jake Gyllenhaal. An outstanding actor I think.

Very claustrophobic thriller.

The Guilty is a 2021 American crime thriller film directed and produced by Antoine Fuqua, from a screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto. A remake of the 2018 Danish ...
Produced by: Jake Gyllenhaal;

The Guilty... starring almost exclusively (95% of the film at least, him on his own) Jake Gyllenhaal. An outstanding actor I think.

Very claustrophobic thriller.

The Guilty is a 2021 American crime thriller film directed and produced by Antoine Fuqua, from a screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto. A remake of the 2018 Danish ...
Produced by: Jake Gyllenhaal;

Just watched this. Pretty decent

Yes. A fine actor.

Last edited: