What was the last film you watched | Page 496 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Zero Dark Thirty.

Absolute cracker about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. I've seen it before but will always be up for watching it.

Motherless Brooklyn.... Edward Norton, Willem Dafoe, Bruce Willis, Michael K Williams....

Private detective in a corrupt city. Slow and brooding.

A masterpiece, I can see why it was Oscar nominated.

Last edited:
The Hurricane Heist - a Sky Cinema Original. Non stop action, in the form of a hurricane and indeed, a heist, which I assume is where they got their title from!

Just watching Unhinged with Russell Crowe. Bit like a falling down sort of thing, ish, road rage and what not. Had to google about Crowe because he looks so unhealthy in it, but apparently it is a fat suit, pleased, as hate to see people self destruct.

Mechanic Resurrection - this one was a really pathetic attempt at an action film. I have teenage students who could write a better script than this.

CAN'T WAIT

I wonder how much back story this will cover? Can't recall seeing Jackie Aprile anywhere in the trailers.

Run Hide Fight

A group of students must use their wits and survival skills against a group of live-streaming school shooters.

Would be wrong to say 'enjoyable' due to the subject, but thought it was well done.

Last edited:
Shirley Valentine on Channel 5 last week. Still as good as ever!

"we always have steak on a Thursday!" :giggle:

The one before was this cracker

Who on here hasn't done something similar?

Last edited:
Sweet Girl - netflix

A devastated husband (Jason Momoa) vows to bring justice to the people responsible for.

Sort of ok to fill a bit of time, nice idea and lots of action!

Every Breath You Take - psychological thriller about a psychiatrist (Casey Affleck). One of those 'I started so I'll finish' but never really got going.

Astronaut ... Richard Dreyfuss stars as a widower who wins a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit outer space.

Quite a sweet film really!

Talking of sweet, nice films... Did you ever get round to watching Peanut Butter Falcon?

Need to give it another go at some point, I did start it, but found myself not in the mood at the time. But am going through a fair few films now!

Yesterday - it's all about The Beatles but I never got into them so I thought it was just okay. If you like The Beatles, I'm sure you'd like it more. 6/10

The Good Liar. A sky original. Bit slow, thought it was going to be predictable, but glad I stuck with it in the end. Decent.