What was the last film you watched | Page 495 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

what with all the podcasts and people interview each other, I thought I'd interview myself for my next film viewing. Hope you find it interesting.

So Jonathan, you just watched Tenet

Yes

That wasn't a question Jonathan, just a statement of fact.

Oh, sorry.

Here is the question. Did you enjoy the film?

Yes.

Thank you Jonathan, it has been nice speaking with you tonight and I'm sure the readership will agree, most enlightening.

Nobody.

Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) in a cross between Taken, Bourne Identity and Home Alone.

Good mindless fun violence.

7.5 out of 9.9

Burden... based on a true story (no, really!) re Ku Klux Klan. Garrett Hedlund and Forest Whitaker......

Richard Jewell. Knew nothing about this story, Clint Eastwood directs a biopic of a security guard who saves lives after discovering a bomb only to be later accused of planting it.

Very decent!

Disturbing The Peace - Guy Pearce. Run of the mill, troubled marshal who has to save the town when some bikers turn up. Wasn't the worst I've seen, filled 90 mins in an entertaining kinda way!

Angel Has Fallen. Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman. Secret service agent fighting the badies to save the President. Ridiculous, as action films should be!

Prisoners - Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal,

Distraught father Hugh Jackman takes matters into his own hands after his daughter is abducted. Thriller from Arrival's Denis Villeneuve.

Not a cheerful film, that is for sure (!) but very good.

Last edited:
The Big Ugly - Ron Perlman, Malcolm McDowell and Vinnie Jones. So you know what you are getting. It's great 'fun' and same as I often say, as ridiculous as action films should be, albeit, this is actually more gritty and realistic.

Badland... an old style Western. Quite nicely shot, didn't have to pay that much attention as was reading threads as well...!

Watching The Keeper. About Bert trautmann. The man who stopped Birmingham City with a broken neck.

Concussion.

A pathologist makes a shocking medical discovery that pits him against the NFL.

Based on fact.

2015 film with Will Smith and Alec Baldwin...

The Dry - a sky original film - left me like :shrug:

Six Minutes To Midnight - a sky original film - Judi Dench and Eddie Izzard, inside an English finishing school housing the daughters of prominent Nazi's 17 days before the start of WWII............ On the slow side, but well done.