What was the last film you watched | Page 460 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

True Romance is one of my favourite films. Tarantino co-wrote that. Aside from that, he has very few good films and a load of rubbish ones. Did anyone get past the first 10 minutes of that one in the snow?

But if you're not a fan of Tarantino, then why bother watching his new film at all?

Good question. It has so many stars in it that I assumed it would be alright.

It's been on my list for ages and I didn't watch it because it's so long and, you know, Tarantino.

Yeah, I am a fan of his movies, but I still haven't watched it yet. I'm just not into watching really long movies anymore.

I think a lot of the problem with Tarentino and his films is the expectation.

His reputation proceeds him and seriously how do you possibly follow Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction?

I find it a lot that when I watch a film expecting too much it never ever delivers on 1st viewing, but then if I watch it again I usually enjoy it.

Happened with a couple of Tarentino films but also happened with other completely different films such as Anchorman 2 and Bad Santa 2. Watched them both expecting so much after how good the first ones were, and came out of both completely deflated. Have since gone back and watched both again though and love them.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

It's total dogshit. I turned it off after an hour. It's a boring meander through 70s Hollywood. Tarantino is a joke.

0/10

The last half-hour or so is brilliant. I'd even say it makes up for the rest if you're not that keen on it.

The last half-hour or so is brilliant. I'd even say it makes up for the rest if you're not that keen on it.

I don't think I'm ever going to get there. I'd have to wade through another hour and ten minutes of boredom to get to the last 30 minutes.

True Romance, pulp fiction, reservoir dogs and django unchained are all masterpieces.

Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds are decent enough.

The rest like Hollywood, hateful 8 and Jackie brown I can take or leave.

If you include the likes of Killing Zoe, Dusk Till Dawn and Desperado then he's certainly been involved in more good than bad.

This.

I think Hateful 8 and Kill Bill could have been classics as well, if they hadn't gone on quite so long.

I think I remember enjoying Lost In Hollywood, but then, I like the style, the era and some of the references. But I do find his films a bit too long and that was also. Ok when i have my feet up at home, but in a cinema (where we saw that and Hateful 8) I go numb and get uncomfortable!

In the tall grass. Netflix.
Stephen king. Creepy, weird horror ish movie.
Strange film. Very hard to keep up with what's going on. Keeps you watching and has an interesting element to it but I must admit I was scratching my head for most of it.
6/10

Star Wars Rise of Skywalker

A Disney-fied remake of Return of the Jedi. A few more bells and whistles but basically the same film. One of the good guys finds out they're related to one of the bad guys. Bad tries to turn good into bad. It doesn't happen. Other bad guy turns at the last minute and defeats the 'big' bad.

No originality, boring characters.

4.25/10

Mercy black. Netflix. Horror ish.
A disturbed child gets released from secure hospital and goes on a chillling/thriller ish kind of journey.
Good ending but the film was slow paced.
6/10

The secret life of pets 2.

Held me enthralled. I invested in the main characters of a rabbit and a dog

8.5/10

Chernobyl.

"In April 1986, a huge explosion erupted at the Chernobyl nuclear power station in northern Ukraine. This series follows the stories of the men and women, who tried to contain the disaster, as well as those who gave their lives preventing a subsequent and worse one. "

Thoroughly recommended and I would add Jared Harris is a fine actor.

And goes to fully prove the Russians lie about everything :grinning:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/

The Purge 2: Anarchy

Better than the first one but not as good as The Hunt.

Easy watching.

Will be watching the 3rd one tonight so they can't be that bad.

I love The Purge films, and the amazon tv series. They are daft, in fact stupid, no doubt, but just good 'fun' ! lol