What was the last film you watched | Page 401 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Began to watch a film called Mandy. Nicolas Cage was in it, but after 45 minutes of trying to get our heads round it, we decided to give up, it was crap.....

Watched David Lean's 1949 classic, 'Great Expectations' this morning.
Fully intend to watch Humphrey Bogart's portrayal of 'Rick' in 'Casablanca' and Robert Donat's 'Mr. Chipping' in 'Goodbye Mr. Chips', this evening.

High Voltage starring David Arquette, Luke Wilson & Allie Gonino.

An emerging rock band, managed by industry vet strike a deal with a record executive. Things take a sinister turn when the band's lead singer, Rachel and her mother are struck by lightning and killed. Rachel is brought back to life, but she is different than before.

Not a bad storyline, some decent music too. 6.5/10

This A.M. I will watch Henry Fonda, Neville Brand and Anthony Perkins in 'The Tin Star'.
Yes I know, another black and white movie.

Malevolent starring Florence Pugh, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Scott Chambers & Celia Imre.

Siblings Jackson and Angela run a profitable ghostbusting racket; swindling the bereaved with fake detection equipment and Angela's paranormal 'visions'. Hired to investigate a haunted old foster home, the team uncover its terrifying past

Quite good horror film. 6.5/10

Ready Player One.

One of my favourite films of the year. Really really enjoyed it. Typical Spielberg I suppose.

I dunno why but when it was released I had absolutely no interest in it at all. Think the trailers made it look crap, but I was bored and nothing else to watch so thought I'd give it a go, and thoroughly loved it.

9/10

Down a Dark Hall starring AnnaSophia Robb, Uma Thurman & Isabelle Fuhrman.

A troubled teen named Kit Gordy is forced to join the exclusive Blackwood Boarding School, just to find herself trapped by dark forces around its mysterious headmistress, Madame Duret.

Bit of a fantasy/horror, drama. Not bad, but would probably been better if it was a well lit hall.......... 6/10

Han Solo ... 5.5 or maybe 6 out of 10.

They are going to flog these to death now. Parts of it were good but can't help but feel I'm watching the same film over and over again now.

Watched it this evening.

Mmm. Huge Star Wars fan but this was complete magnolia.

Not a patch on Rogue One. Funny thing is although I knew the story behind Rogue One it still seemed fresh. While with this I felt like i knew the back story so well it didn't need telling.

Agree with the marks. Think I read that Disney are going to slow down on the franchise. Good, it will become (If not already) all to routine .

The House of the Devil starring Jocelin Donahue, Tom Noonan & Mary Woronov.

In 1983, financially struggling college student Samantha Hughes takes a strange babysitting job that coincides with a full lunar eclipse. She slowly realizes her clients harbor a terrifying secret, putting her life in mortal danger.

Not a new film, 2009 actually, but not a bad atmospheric horror film. 6.5/10

First Man - it's out of this world! Seriously though, it's a fantastic film. It is probably one which will slip under the radar with all the hype about superhero films so go watch it quick. You need to see it in the cinema to get the epic space shots.

9/10 - best new film I've seen in ages.

First Man

Myself and junior 1 went to see it this afternoon.

Not the American flag waving.. yee ha.. of Apollo 13. This was actually, at times, quite downbeat showing the difficulties Armstrong had in his life. Ryan Gosling was superb as Armstrong and I think some awards will come his way.

Await Further Instructions starring Sam Gittins, Neerja Naik & Abigail Cruttenden.

It's Christmas Day and the Milgram family wake to find a mysterious black substance surrounding their house. Something monumental is clearly happening right outside their door, but what exactly - an industrial accident, a terrorist attack, nuclear war?

Sci-fi/Horror mystery movie. Different, not bad actually. Definitly worth a watch if you're into this type of genre. 7/10

Last edited:
Black '47

Set in Ireland during the Great Famine the film follows an Irish Ranger who has been fighting for the British Army abroad, as he abandons his post to reunite with his family. The title is taken from the most devastating year of the famine, 1847, which is referred to as "Black '47".

Stars Hugo Weaving, James Frechville, Freddie Fox, Stephen Rea and Jim Broadbent.

Very interesting film as it's pretty much the first that was set during the famine of the 1840's. But it's more of a revenge film than anything else. Basically a western set in old Ireland.

8/10

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Very good film, had the potential to be a total cheese fest but they did it very well.

7/10

Don't Go starring Stephen Dorff, Melissa George & Simon Delaney.

Devastated by his daughter's death in a terrible accident, Ben becomes convinced that he can bring her back through a recurring dream. But is it just a dream? Or is Ben losing his mind?

Bit of an eerie mystery actually. Bit slow, but not bad but a confusing end. 6/10

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Very good film, had the potential to be a total cheese fest but they did it very well.

7/10

I think Fear was still too hungover to enjoy it.

10 out of 10 for me. Thought it was brilliantly made and kept my attention and interest throughout. Some of the performances were spine tingling. Wanna watch it again straight away thats the biggest compliment I can ever give a film.

No, I enjoyed it, but only one fact I'd not read/seen so it didn't blow me away or give me any further insights. I did think they'd monged up his face too much as well!